TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MTV VMA awards

Opened with the trainwreck Britney's comeback performance.

I guess this can be a discussion thread for anyone who wants to waste a few hours tonight.

Opened with the trainwreck Britney's comeback performance.

I guess this can be a discussion thread for anyone who wants to waste a few hours tonight.

You know full well that perfomance is going to be some lip synching 5 minutes of kickass. Nothing trainwreck about it.

Britney's performances are amongst some of the best VMA moments of the past 12 years or so. Remember when MTV was rather fun to watch in the early/mid 90's (back when music was good and not just uber commercialized shit) and VMA highlight shows were kinda cool? Ah, well.

Britney needs to bring back some classics: more leather, more flesh-colored skin-tight bodysuits, more mafia hats, more open mouth girl kissing, more 80's dresses, and a bigger SNAKE!

Peter Bjorn and Paul? Who the fuck?

And who are these two? 2nd rate Monique and Simon Cowell?

Where are the awards at? "Quadruple Threat"? And what was that shit with like 10 nominees for "Overplayed Song of the Year"?

I love how in addition to not showing music anymore MTV now just gives you pieces of performances.

Does this shit really have an entire generation of teenagers watching it saying "Man, what a show".

This is the worst awards show I have ever seen. All lip synching. So far there's been no whole songs sung.

Hey we just got another 6 seconds of Foo Fighters with a fucking ever-expanding blue box on the fucking screen for Rhapsody, whatever the hell that is. LOL @ Pay music service.

I remember as a youngster how fucking awesome the VMAs were. They may as well send Britney back out. If she's awake.

And more and more and more previews for more of their "reality" shows. MTV used to be fun

Which is funny since Timberlake keeps bitching about the lack of music videos on the network, yet, they just keep running ads for The Hills and the rest of the shit they air.