TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact Spoilers

*The main event for this Thursday's Impact is TNA champion Kurt Angle vs., Abyss in a non-title Six Sides of Steel "I Quit Match" where Abyss must leave TNA if he loses. The match ends in a no contest after Judas Mesias comes from through the ring to attack Abyss.

*Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage was announced for Bound For Glory, with Matt Morgan announced the special enforcer for the match due to the actions of Joe at No Surrender.

*Rikishi, using the ring name Junior Fatu, did indeed debut. In the second hour, Christian Cage defeated Fatu after AJ Styles interfered. Tomko hit the ring and Samoa Joe made the save.

*Christopher Daniels defeated X-Division champion Jay Lethal in a good non-title match.

*TNA is doing some form of a order of protection angle with Karen Angle and Sting.

Not the biggest Jay Lethal fan but why job him to Chris Daniels one night after giving him a big win against Angle?

At this stage, it's pointless trying to come up with reasons for the stupidity that is TNA booking. You can't reach a conclusion that makes sense, and you just give yourself a headache.

I think Rikishi will be billed as Rikishi. He's been using the name and tights on the indy circuit.....but then again, this is TNA.

Maybe Lethal vs Daniels was a dirty finish? Hey, I can have my hopes.

I think Rikishi will be billed as Rikishi. He's been using the name and tights on the indy circuit.....but then again, this is TNA.

Maybe Lethal vs Daniels was a dirty finish? Hey, I can have my hopes.

He used the name Junior Fatu.

Clean or not, Lethal losing right now is beyond stupid. Whatever he gained from last night was wasted.

Not the biggest Jay Lethal fan but why job him to Chris Daniels one night after giving him a big win against Angle?

My guess is since Lethal beat Daniels for his #1 contendership, they have a re-match and Daniels no becomes #1 contender. But who knows? They jobbed Lethal to Joe for the title after Slammiversary.

Impact 9/13

*Karen Angle came to the ring and introduced TNA champion Kurt Angle. Instead, Sting appears and says that he doesn't blame Kurt for what happened at No Surrender and that it was Karen who cost them the TNA Tag Team titles. He wants Karen to admit he never struck her but she claims she can't remember that caused her to fall to the ground. Kurt Angle appears and hits Sting with a chair. They brawl to the ring. Angle handcuffs Sting to the ropes and demands to know why Sting would slap his wife. He says that at Bound for Glory he will, "embarrass the sh** out of Sting." He promises to snap Sting's ankle and breaks his neck. Karen Angle slaps Sting and the Angles leave the ring.

*Black Reign defeated Shark Boy in a short match. Reign hits a prone Shark Boy in the back of the head with his shovel. He goes to get the rat but Eric Young comes out and pulls Sharky out of the ring. Reign pulled off Sharky's mask but Young covered it with a towel.

*Christopher Daniels defeated X-Division champion Jay Lethal in a non-title match after Daniels got the pin with Last Rites. Good match.

*Christian Cage,. Tomko and AJ Styles come to the ring. Cage says that they have some problems to take care of and his problem is with Matt Morgan. Morgan comes to the ring. Cage says that he wrestled Samoa Joe at No Surrender and since Joe realized he couldn't defeat Christian, he got himself disqualified. Cage says that Joe hung him until cage was almost out of breath and now he knows why the fans chant, "Joe's gonna kill you." Cage says that he knows that Jim Cornette is Morgan's boss and that he's the one that runs the show. He says that when your marquee wrestler is tossed over the rope and is being choked, you don't wait five minutes to do something about it. Cage tells Morgan that he's going to get a crash course and to make sure that it doesn't happen again. He says that there are three of them in the ring and only one Matt Morgan. Morgan rips off his shirt and prepares to face all of them, but Samoa Joe hits the ring and spears Cage. Morgan throws Styles out of the ring while Joe disposes of Tomko. Morgan gets the mic and announces that he'll be the special enforcer at Bound for Glory for Christian Cage vs. Samoa Joe. Cage demands to know who allowed that to happen and Jim Cornette comes out and says it was his decision. Cornette said that Cage had a Samoan Challenge and says he has an opponent for Cage next week and out comes the debuting Junior Fatu (formerly Rikishi).

*TNA champion Kurt Angle fought Abyss to a no contest in a Six Sides of Steel Submission Match where Abyss would have had to leave TNA if he lost. Judas Mesias came from under the ring and attacked Abyss. Abyss had Angle in the Anklelock when the smoke appeared and Mesias showed up and began choking Abyss with some sort of metallic wire, possibly barbed wire. Angle escapes the cage. Mesias hits Abyss in the head with a chair. Mesias hits a leaping DDT onto a chair on Abyss. Mesias pours out Abyss' bag of glass and stabs Abyss with it. He leaves Abyss in the ring.

Xplosion

*Robert Roode defeated Kazarian with the Payoff. They teased the Kaz-Brooks romance.

*James Storm pinned Sonjay Dutt with a superkick.

Impact 9/20

*Judas Mesias defeated Eric Young in two minutes. After the match, Shark Boy makes the save for Young and Mesias attacks them both. He gets a steel chair. Rhino comes to the ring with a chair to ward him off. Mesias leaves.

*TNA Tag Team champion Ron Killings (with Pacman Jones) defeated AJ Styles (with Tomko) after Jones spraypainted Styles in the face, allowing Killings to nail the Ax Kick for the pin.

*Karen Angle comes to the ring. She tells Sting that she is deeply sorry for what she did to him and never meant Sting or his family any harm. Angle says that from the bottom of her heart, she is sorry. Karen says she wants Sting and Kurt to have a great match at Bound for Glory. Sting comes into the Impact Zone and says that if she thinks, he's going to end up caught in another Angle plot, she's wrong. Sting says it's just going to be him vs. Kurt at Bound for Glory - no tricks and no Karen. Sting asks Karen if she read the letter that she received, which turned out to be a restraining order that ruled they couldn't be less than 50 feet apart between now and Bound for Glory. Sting walks to the ring, so Karen backs out and leaves the ring. Police try to take Karen away for breaking the order. Kurt Angle tries to stop them.

*Christian Cage defeated Junior Fatu after interference from AJ Styles. Fatu gives Styles and Cage the stinkface after the match. Tomko attacked Fatu. Samoa Joe made the save. They cleared the ring and are standing tall as the show ends. Before you ask, no dancing.

Impact 9/27

*Team 3D defeated Shark Boy and Sonjay Dutt. Possibly the funniest match in TNA history. A great comedy match. After the match. Brother Devon sets up chairs in the ring and they attempt to give Sharky the same attack they pulled on Scott Steiner but Dutt pulled Sharky out of the ring.

*The Motor City Machineguns defeated Jimmy Rave and Lance Hoyt (with Christy Hemme), pinning Hoyt. Team 3D attack The Machineguns. They set up tables and place Sabin on it. They powerbomb Shelley through Sabin and the table. Shark Boy tried to stop them, wearing a neck brace, giving 3D a chance to finally assault Shark Boy like they did to Steiner.

*In a Five -Way Women's bout that was to gain entry into a Women's Gauntlet Bout at Bound for Glory, Roxxi defeated Gail Kim in a bout that also featured Christy Hemme, Traci Brooks and Jackie Moore.

*Outside, Jeremy Borash interviewed Jim Mitchell and Judas Mesias. Borash asked them if they were able to find Sting since they had been looking for him all week. Sting attacked Mesias, which led to an impromptu Streetfight between the two...

*Sting vs. Mesias - They battled into the ring. Kurt Angle attacked Sting. Rhino made the save for Sting. Angle and Mesias get the advantage. Abyss' music plays and he comes to the ring, going after Mesias. The show ends with Abyss clotheslining Mesias out of the ring and the babyfaces standing tall.

Why do I have the feeling already that at the PPV Matt Morgan will turn on Joe and cost him that match, then Morgan will join Christian's stable? This IS Russo we're talking about here, after all. Or maybe Morgan will play the Sid role for now and be a fair enforcer, and then turn later.

The shows actually don't sound that bad, yeah there's some questionable stuff but as long as stories are being told and there's good wrestling I'll enjoy the next 3 impacts. I really want to see Team 3D vs Shark Boy and Sonjay Dutt since it's being called the funniest match in TNA history. I actually really love comedy matches that have good wrestling as well.

With the exception of Sting vs Angle at BFG and Lethal doing the job, I don't see much else wrong with the spoilers. Should be a good few weeks of shows.

I've noticed that when reading the spoilers the past couple of months, they have read worse then when they were finally on tv. The shows come off better. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks as they are building some interesting feuds right now. I also like that they are starting to lay the foundation for a women's division. They only have a few female wrestlers but I read that they are in talks with SHIMMER, which would be all kinds of awesomeness. That would give them a great division.

Seems like a post-title win tradition for Lethal. The last time he won the X-Division title after feuding with Sabin for a couple months, he lost it at the following Impact tapings in a 3-way match against Sabin and Joe. I'm looking forward to seeing how Judas Mesias does in the company. I enjoyed his short run in WSX looking like the demongod of hellfire. I was just a little disappointed with the name he went by. You know, I see this guy with whited-out pupils, a big burn on the side of his face, and a blood-puking gimmick. So, I was expecting him to go by the name of "Throngar, the Unholy", "Satanus, God of Hell", or something equally "dark". But instead, he went by "Ricky Banderas". I know he'd been going by that name for a while (it may even be his real name, I dont know), but it didn't match the gimmick at all. At least Judas Mesias sounds more appropriate.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Judas Mesias does in the company. I enjoyed his short run in WSX looking like the demongod of hellfire. I was just a little disappointed with the name he went by. You know, I see this guy with whited-out pupils, a big burn on the side of his face, and a blood-puking gimmick. So, I was expecting him to go by the name of "Throngar, the Unholy", "Satanus, God of Hell", or something equally "dark". But instead, he went by "Ricky Banderas". I know he'd been going by that name for a while (it may even be his real name, I dont know), but it didn't match the gimmick at all. At least Judas Mesias sounds more appropriate.

That's not the guy's real name, it was given to him in Puerto Rico when he started wrestling. The name is somewhat a combination of Ricky Martin and Antonio Banderas. Anyway, he's been dubbed "The Messiah" (or "El Mesias" in spanish) for quite a while now, and he's been doing the vampiric/satanic gimmick for a long time. The scarred-face version was new to him in WSX (they used that to exploit his past relationship with Vampiro) but I don't know if he'll be using that in TNA.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Judas Mesias does in the company. I enjoyed his short run in WSX looking like the demongod of hellfire. I was just a little disappointed with the name he went by. You know, I see this guy with whited-out pupils, a big burn on the side of his face, and a blood-puking gimmick. So, I was expecting him to go by the name of "Throngar, the Unholy", "Satanus, God of Hell", or something equally "dark". But instead, he went by "Ricky Banderas". I know he'd been going by that name for a while (it may even be his real name, I dont know), but it didn't match the gimmick at all. At least Judas Mesias sounds more appropriate.

That's not the guy's real name, it was given to him in Puerto Rico when he started wrestling. The name is somewhat a combination of Ricky Martin and Antonio Banderas. Anyway, he's been dubbed "The Messiah" (or "El Mesias" in spanish) for quite a while now, and he's been doing the vampiric/satanic gimmick for a long time. The scarred-face version was new to him in WSX (they used that to exploit his past relationship with Vampiro) but I don't know if he'll be using that in TNA.

Learn something new everyday.

Originally, Morgan's debut was supposed to take place this past year at Lockdown, as part of Christian's team, IIRC. However, I hope that they don't turn him right away. Let him be the enforcer/tweener type, taking no shit from anyone. They've been doing a good job giving him the slow burn, first by just standing there with Cornette looking imposing, then protecting Cornette (the pull apart with Angle a few weeks back) and now carrying out orders to keep people in line. Booking-wise, he and Tomko are probably the two best off people in TNA, because they're not being rushed through an angle.

Not that it makes any less of a goofy booking decision, but Lethal losing goes with the Savage gimmick, since Macho used to the lose immediately after winning it when he was in WCW.

And to Hogan, no less....TWICE! What was the deal there anyway? Was Savage stuck in a no-win situation here, since Hogan could use his creative control clause just to ruthlessly fuck with him?

Well I for one am looking forward to Sting vs Angle at BFG. I'm sick of seeing Joe vs Angle to be honest. Sting can still provide in the ring and Angle can still do a lot of what brought him to where he is. I'm not expecting the classic to end all classics, but I think as long as they keep the outside interference out of the equation it'll be good.

Not that it makes any less of a goofy booking decision, but Lethal losing goes with the Savage gimmick, since Macho used to the lose immediately after winning it when he was in WCW.

And to Hogan, no less....TWICE! What was the deal there anyway? Was Savage stuck in a no-win situation here, since Hogan could use his creative control clause just to ruthlessly fuck with him?

God, that creative control clause was the bane of WCW existence. Someone else here might know better than me, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Macho is always challenging Hogan to street fights nowadays.

Eh, I don't think either time Savage lost the belt to Hogan in WCW it was Hogan fucking with him all that much. The first time Savage was just used as a brief transition guy when it was clear Sting had lost his heat (you CAN blame Hogan in part for that however). They wanted the belt back on Hogan and I think Macho also had a knee injury, so that run was just a day.

The 2nd time Hogan was coming back from his own knee surgery and they were going to turn him back to the red and yellow. I'm pretty sure the bad blood really started between Hogan and Macho during that period of time, since Savage thought Hogan was trying to bury him in the back and wanted them to push Sid instead. But hell, even if Hogan was screwing Savage over I can't really side with Macho too much considering he got the belt via the worst storyline in the history of the business....the Hummer angle.

....the Hummer angle.

People 'round these parts who bitch that TNA is "worse than WCW ever was" need to go back and watch tapes from the summer of '99. I know we were talking about it in the WCW thread in General Wresling cabbage, but for the sake of others in this thread I'd like to reiterate my stance that Kevin Nash's run as WCW ranks as arguably the worst mess in wrestling the last 20 years.

The only thing I enjoyed in the Nash/Macho Man feud was Nash filling Macho Man's limo with shit. My 18-year old self got a good laugh out of that.

Speaking of late 90's WCW, I remember Mark Madden going on a tirade once on Nitro about how It was where the big boys play, and the referees weren't going to call DQ's unless it was absolutely necessary. He went on about the fans came to see a fight and thats what they would see, or something to that effect, only for the referee to call for a DQ during whatever match it was, seconds later. Good times......

The only thing I enjoyed in the Nash/Macho Man feud was Nash filling Macho Man's limo with shit. My 18-year old self got a good laugh out of that.

Speaking of late 90's WCW, I remember Mark Madden going on a tirade once on Nitro about how It was where the big boys play, and the referees weren't going to call DQ's unless it was absolutely necessary. He went on about the fans came to see a fight and thats what they would see, or something to that effect, only for the referee to call for a DQ during whatever match it was, seconds later. Good times......

YES! I remember that match vividly because it was Mike Awesome vs. DDP, both guys I was a huge mark for, and if memory serves, it was Awesome's first WCW match.

Actually that would be 2000 era WCW and not late 90s. Madden wasn't calling matches until then, and Awesome was in ECW circa 1999.

At least TNA knows sometimes to just drop a shitty angle. That whole debacle with Jarrett/Hebner/Larry Z. last year comes to mind. That was well on its way to being the worst angle of the past 7 years or so, but then they just had Joe beat Jarrett's ass and then Sting beat him for the belt. With the Hummer angle they tried for MONTHS to keep it going without revealing anything.

I still maintain the downfall of WCW was putting the belt on DDP in the bizarre, heatless fashion that they did. If you look at WCW's ratings they stayed strong after the Fingerpoke and the Hogan/Flair feud in early 1999 did some good business. But man once they put the belt on DDP they tanked big time and never recovered.