TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smartly Pretty

Movie Theater etiquette

the black people in the movies stereotype needs to be passed on to high school white kids. The girls scream at everything on screen, then after they scream spend the next 5 mintues explaining why they screamed and why it was "SOOOOOO scary". The guys spend the whole time fucking with the girls to make them scream by poking them with straws through the seats and shit so I have to hear "OMG, stop it Tylar!!!" *giggle*

Young black boys think they are fucking comedians and will say something stupid at the screen but if noone laughs then they stop. The young black girls are too busy trying to look mature so they can fuck older guys and make more noise telling the young black boys to shut up.

Now that I think about it, just transfer the stereotype to young highschool kids in general. Fuck them.

the black people in the movies stereotype needs to be passed on to high school white kids. The girls scream at everything on screen, then after they scream spend the next 5 mintues explaining why they screamed and why it was "SOOOOOO scary". The guys spend the whole time fucking with the girls to make them scream by poking them with straws through the seats and shit so I have to hear "OMG, stop it Tylar!!!" *giggle*

Young black boys think they are fucking comedians and will say something stupid at the screen but if noone laughs then they stop. The young black girls are too busy trying to look mature so they can fuck older guys and make more noise telling the young black boys to shut up.

Now that I think about it, just transfer the stereotype to young highschool kids in general. Fuck them.

I agree I'd much rather watch a movie with a black audience than a white high school kid audience.

well that makes sense since most white high school kids try to be black anyway.

The worst was the kid sitting next to me at Star Wars Episode 3 who had seen it two previous times that same day...and keep in mind this was opening day, it was a 7pm show.

This guy gets what I'm talking about with the cell phone light issue.

Totally cell phone lights in the darkened environment of a cinema are bright bastards - I'm surprised planes don't try to land on them. It's really off putting and distracts me more then the actual ring or beep of the phone receiving a call or text.

Guest Vitamin X

This is why it's best to catch the last show. Less people around you, and less chance of there being high school kids around.

During superbad, I was ready to take out a motherfucker who would not shut the fuck up. Whenever Seth (Jonah Hill) would do anything remotely stupid, the kid would yell, "HAHAHA, fucking fat ass." Every time seth was on camera, he'd call him a fat ass. Congratulations, you figured out the fucking obvious, he's fat. Fucking hilarious. I was really hoping this kid would choke on the popcorn or drown in the butter.

If there's one person just being an ignorant ass, just outright say something. Trust me, everybody else wants to.

Still, I guess that's a personality thing. This one friend of mine has basically the same view, except she'll walk out and complain to the management and get someone thrown out. I'll just openly tell them to shut the fuck up. Same result, though.

Im convinced all of the talking issues are because you can say whatever the hell you want at home watching a DVD...

My favorite is people who come in late and trip over you trying to get a seat in your row when theres several other empty rows available.

Hey KOAB, you ever venture to the Lakewood Center Pacific Theatres? I heard it's

gotten atrocious over the years. Even to the point that SHERIFF's show up to monitor

crowds instead of security... DURING THE WEEK (as well as weekends).

Yeah, it has gotten really bad. The combo of movie hoppers, people getting rowdy when there's a small commotion, and more shit head teens coming in to ruin a movie, then leaving to another theater within 10 minutes to shit on another movie.

The funniest time I heard jokes at a movie theatre was during opening night of Spiderman 3. Two african american guys sitting behind us had the whole theatre roaring.

-After the infamous dance scene.. "What the FUUUUUCK."

-When MJ kisses Harry "Aw, she a ho."

-a douche wearing a too tight spidey costume walks into the theatre a little late, and one of the guys yells "I can see your dick, dude!"

See, this can only enhance the movie's experience

No.

Dude, seeing some black guys stand up and bow down to Pimpin' Peter Parker like he was Ric Flair > the actual movie

The funniest time I heard jokes at a movie theatre was during opening night of Spiderman 3. Two african american guys sitting behind us had the whole theatre roaring.

-After the infamous dance scene.. "What the FUUUUUCK."

-When MJ kisses Harry "Aw, she a ho."

-a douche wearing a too tight spidey costume walks into the theatre a little late, and one of the guys yells "I can see your dick, dude!"

See, this can only enhance the movie's experience

No.

Dude, seeing some black guys stand up and bow down to Pimpin' Peter Parker like he was Ric Flair > the actual movie

I remember seeing "The Grudge", and other than it not being a good movie, there was this group of teenage girls who would scream their lungs out whenever the simplest thing would happen. Now, I normally don't mind people screaming during a horror movie, but they did it all the time, even when nothing that was supposed to be scary was on screen.

The only time I really ran into a lot of people talking was the midnight showing of Snakes on a Plane, and that was a bit of a different situation. Personally, the worst thing I've done was when me and my g/f would make out during movies, which we've been doing less and less since we want to actually watch the movies.

Off topic, @ gary floyd: dude, is that a She Wolf of the SS avatar?

Oh god, this a complete dealbreaker (chicks and dudes making out with each other). I will just yell at them instantly "Get a FUCKING room!" I occasionally get answered back with "Do they have rooms here?" To which I yell "I don't fucking care. GET OUT!" That might have to do with my being incredibly bitter that I can't find a girlfriend myself, but it still puts a stop to that disgusting, insufferable shit. Hell, if I had a girlfriend, I wouldn't do that.

I think it was mostly when we were first going out. I don't remember the last time we did that. And we were always in the back of the theater where nobody was sitting.

I found Hostel way more enjoyable with a black crowd, it was priceless.

Now, one thing that did bother me recently was that people were actually loudly humming along to the Halloween theme song for Rob Zombie's Halloween. And they sang along to Love Hurts in the same movie.

I think a big problem today in theaters is understaffing, or if they are fully staffed, some ushers not doing their jobs and throwing the aforementioned offenders the fuck out.

Or some ushers are just ill-suited for the job. I worked at a theater back when I was a shy 16-year-old kid, and it's amazing the number of times I had some angry idiot come grab me and try to get me to force grown adults or packs of rowdy kids to shut up.

Just abuse your position. Be like "Get out. I fucking work here. You see this vest? It means I can throw your ass out." Point at your name badge and be like Ed Norton in American History X: "You see this? It means NOT WELCOME!"

Just abuse your position. Be like "Get out. I fucking work here. You see this vest? It means I can throw your ass out." Point at your name badge and be like Ed Norton in American History X: "You see this? It means NOT WELCOME!"

Spot on, I know I abused the power alot. If you feel like you might get beat up, then getting someone else (Obviously who works there) to walk up the stairs to the 'mob' works pretty well too. Threaten them with Mall Security and the Manager publicly banning them from the Cinema and Complex as well.

In the UK Asian kids seem to relate to Black College Kids - at least stereotype anyway. With their throwbacks on, and all the attitude and their 2pac CDs in their pockets.

I remember seeing "The Grudge", and other than it not being a good movie, there was this group of teenage girls who would scream their lungs out whenever the simplest thing would happen. Now, I normally don't mind people screaming during a horror movie, but they did it all the time, even when nothing that was supposed to be scary was on screen.

I took a date out to go see "The Grudge" and the whole theater was in an uproar after I burst into laughter after Pullman takes a swan dive over the railing. I thought it was the best part of that shitty movie.

Spot on, I know I abused the power alot. If you feel like you might get beat up, then getting someone else (Obviously who works there) to walk up the stairs to the 'mob' works pretty well too. Threaten them with Mall Security and the Manager publicly banning them from the Cinema and Complex as well.

In the UK Asian kids seem to relate to Black College Kids - at least stereotype anyway. With their throwbacks on, and all the attitude and their 2pac CDs in their pockets.

How old are you Grandpa?

How old are you Grandpa?

Ok so its a 15 year old dated stereotype of Black College Kids, I'm sorry about that, however, that is exactly what the Asian Kids in the UK are like. Seriously, I have no idea why.

Off topic, @ gary floyd: dude, is that a She Wolf of the SS avatar?

Yep.

My mom once brought an apple to a movie theatre. A fucking apple.

The David Cross bit on cell phones is great, listen to it.

I was watching a fucking shitty movie that I got dragged into somehow, I forgot the title, but it was this gay little sappy movie pulling out all the cliches, etc. I just ended up groaning really loudly and walked out.

Spiderman 2 was a terrible movie.