TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chalmation

Cena's title reign

You mean Unforgiven 99 to Survivor Series 99? Or Armageddon 03 to Mania 04?

I'd have to think the latter, cause the first one listed was only 2 months, and Batista's first title reign was much longer than that.

It was his reign from December 2002 until September 2003.

one more tidbit

three wrestlers that cena has defeated in title matches for the WWE Championship during this reign have been World Heavyweight Champions in the past year.

the great khali, edge, and king booker

also bobby lashley was an ECW champion and Cena beat him in this title reign

I hope Cena retains the belt all the way to Wrestlemania 24. Hell, maybe on the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania would be the most appropriate time for him the drop the title.

I hope Cena retains the belt all the way to Wrestlemania 24. Hell, maybe on the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania would be the most appropriate time for him the drop the title.

Why and why?

I don't think I could think of a worse scenario.

I don't think I could think of a better scenario.

Fixed.

Right now I pretty much given up watching Raw until Cena looses the damn title. I just can't stomech Cena as Champion anymore. its just way to reptitive for me. I was really pulling for Orton to win at Unforgiven but sence it didn't happen. I'am talking a vacation from Raw until Cena does loose the title. Thank god for SmackDown and ECW. both shows have been ten times better than Raw anyways.

Why and why?

It looks to me like the WWE has no faith in anyone anytime soon to take the title off of Cena. Secondly, I'm sure it would make Wrestlemania 25 much more huge if the title change happened then. I'm sure people would pay to watch Cena drop the title after over 1000 days as the champion. Triple H would be drooling at the opportunity to be the one to finally defeat him at the 25th anniversary of the show.

I mean really, if Cena has gone over EVERYONE in the company, how would it make them credible to beat Cena? The problem with Cena is that with the exception of Edge and RVD defeating Cena, every Cena title defense, he pretty much beat all his challengers clean. Cena is looking to strong that if a guy who got 2-3 title shots back to back finally beat him I don't know if people would accept that.

And really, who is left that Cena has beaten yet either for a title or defending?

I can really only think of Batista and Undertaker. Unless Brock Lesnar, Sid, Goldberg, or someone comes back, Cena is pretty much without any challengers.

I mean really, if Cena has gone over EVERYONE in the company, how would it make them credible to beat Cena? The problem with Cena is that with the exception of Edge and RVD defeating Cena, every Cena title defense, he pretty much beat all his challengers clean. Cena is looking to strong that if a guy who got 2-3 title shots back to back finally beat him I don't know if people would accept that.

I don't think it would be too hard to put someone over Cena, as it's always pointed out that Cena's not the best wrestler on the roster, so they seem to be setting that possibility up for a loss. Not to mention Cena is usually, if not always, painted as the underdog champion. The problem is that the fans are being programmed to believe that Cena will always be around the title, no matter what, may it be as a champion or challenger. He's getting the HHH effect now, where people don't buy that Cena would be without the title for too long a stretch.

If Cena retains at No Mercy, I see him dropping it to Kennedy at Wrestlemania 24. I'd rather see Cena drop it to somebody else because at this rate, its going to be about HHH getting his job and his title back at Mania if Ken doesn't get his shot.

Right now I pretty much given up watching Raw until Cena looses the damn title. I just can't stomech Cena as Champion anymore. its just way to reptitive for me. I was really pulling for Orton to win at Unforgiven but sence it didn't happen. I'am talking a vacation from Raw until Cena does loose the title. Thank god for SmackDown and ECW. both shows have been ten times better than Raw anyways.

I'm going to assume you were shit-faced during this rant full of terrible spelling and grammar. Good lord!

I want to know who you all would possibly be entertained by more? ANYONE else who wins the title will have a paint-by-numbers reign until they drop it to the next challenger, which we see a mile away. If a heel wins it, he will keep it via DQs and cheap finishes and gain nothing. The only other face to take it would be HHH. Do you really want to see more of his comedy? I was so excited for the guy to be back, but he's fucking driving us all batty with his tired jokes.

Let's say a heel such as Orton takes the strap. Who does he face other than HHH? If he faces HHH, he drops the title. When HBK comes back, he'll squash him and take the title. Orton, in turn, looks like a pussy. If he faces anyone else, who would it be? Jeff Hardy? Hornswoggle? Would that elevate anyone or even sell PPVs considering the fact that they'd be duking it out for the title in the midcard like Smackdown?

Kennedy isn't taking it. He signed his own death-wish when he "injured" Lashley. Lashley will return and mop the floor with the guy and he WILL NOT be in line for some big push by WM24. Did you all forget about the years past full of guys on the card like Jericho, Chrisitan and even Benjamin (pre-mama?) who went NOWHERE?

What the hell do you expect from Cena? This isn't his fault. He sells merchandise more than anyone on the roster, his PPV matches (given time) normally bump ****, he works his ass off (other than non-finish Raw matches), and the fans, whether booing or cheering, get off of their hands NO MATTER WHAT during his matches. They just sit there and pick their nose for everyone else.

In a perfect world, the booking wouldn't suck balls, and an anything-can-happen feel would be prevelant in all the shows. (Watch a UFC card or a football game if you don't know how that feels). Instead, the same tired old gimmicks and tired old booking schemes lead the way.

This has NOTHING to do with Cena holding the belt forever. He's doing, to be honest, better than anyone else could do with a babyface run this long. Bitch about the writers and the direction the booking has been going for 7+ years.

Guest Wrestling Icon

I hope at No Mercy his title run does come to an end. He has been champion far to long but if his run does go on following No Mercy then he may just keep the world title until Wrestlemania.

I really do not think he is that special and his run needs to end soon

Since a lot of people don't like Cena as champion, if WCW was still around, would anyone holding their title be a better champion than Cena is today?

Since a lot of people don't like Cena as champion, if WCW was still around, would anyone holding their title be a better champion than Cena is today?

I have no problem with Cena as champ, I have no problem with the long reign because the title change will mean something when it happens, however, IMO, WCW is too far removed to have a real answer to that question. I mean, there were a few people who were main eventers in WCW still in the business now, but it is hard to tell who would or wouldn't have jumped ship or what independant star would have blossomed in WCW that hasn't in WWE or TNA. If this was 2002 or even early 2003, maybe there could be speculation, but WCW has been dead for 6 1/2 years now.

I really don't understand your question. If you're saying if any WCW Monday night wars era champ was better than Cena, then I'd just say Bret Hart. If you're saying that if WCW was still around would they have a better champ, then I'd say that if TNA (as their closest compettion) was booked somewhat sensibly and had a decent show, then I'd happily watch Angle as champ every week. Or Joe. Or Raven.

I really don't understand your question. If you're saying if any WCW Monday night wars era champ was better than Cena, then I'd just say Bret Hart. If you're saying that if WCW was still around would they have a better champ, then I'd say that if TNA (as their closest compettion) was booked somewhat sensibly and had a decent show, then I'd happily watch Angle as champ every week. Or Joe. Or Raven.

Let me rephrase, if WCW was still around today, no matter who is the champion, which we obviously don't know, would ANYTHING at this time be better than a stale Cena as champion in the WWE. Seems some fans prefer anything but Cena as champion, so judging by that logic any WCW champion right now, if the company existed would get them watching that brand as opposed to WWE television.

People bitch when the title is hotshotted all across the board. Because it lowers the meaning of the title.

People bitch when the title is held on to for an extended period of time. Because it gets stale.

People would bitch if the title changed hands every six months. Because it'd follow the same formula.

If the Champion is having great fueds and results in great payoff matches, then I really don't care how long they have the strap.

Cena's reign has not been all bad, its just a lot of his fueds are following the same formula, thus they are getting boring.

The only thing getting stale is people bitching about John Cena incessantly. I'll only say this once. Cena is the best thing going in the biz right now. Nobody else could be as effective as champion right now.

He's by far the most over figure in the biz today.

That I will say again.....John Cena, like him or not, is by FAR the most over figure in wrestling. On top of that, he's the best merchandise seller, is completely committed to the business when guys are quitting or reportedly trying to commit suicide, and has no known skeletons in his closet at a time when the business is under a microscope.

He's a PR dream for WWE in a time where they need it, is well-spoken, well-respected by his peers(unlike Batista, Orton, HHH, etc.), and is big with the younger, longer-term fans of the company.

I just watched a PPV Sunday night with a crowd that was D-E-A-D all night long aside from his match, when the fans finally got their asses out of their seats and invested more emotionally in an 8-minute stinker of a match(one of the few he's had in years, btw) than any other person in that company could hope to draw out of them.

Just because you think you hear boos in that reaction of his that dwarfs anybody else's doesn't justify saying he should drop the title, is "stale" or isn't over(!?).

He's been involved in three of the best feuds in the last couple of years in WWE this year alone, he holds up his end well in high-profile matches, and has done more for the WWE Title in his year-long reign than any hot-shotting between flavor-of-the-month, unover IWC darlings could ever do.

I just want a Cena gimmick change. I can't stand his character.

I was watching some of his old raps on YouTube (that I never got to see since I didn't get Smackdown) and they were really entertaining. He did some on Raw, but not enough. He should've kept doing them for a little while longer, or should do it once and a while now.

That I will say again.....John Cena, like him or not, is by FAR the most over figure in wrestling.

I'd say Jeff, Taker and Rey are all more over than Cena. The last one may also be pushing him for merch sales.

I just want a Cena gimmick change. I can't stand his character.

I was watching some of his old raps on YouTube (that I never got to see since I didn't get Smackdown) and they were really entertaining. He did some on Raw, but not enough. He should've kept doing them for a little while longer, or should do it once and a while now.

"You walk around, like you got carrots up your crack/that's a nice tattoo of your mother on your back!"

I miss heel Cena.