TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

TSM NBA H2H: Year 5

Guest Vitamin X

So much for any playoff hopes. I think if I didn't pull out a big win this week, it just wasn't going to happen, period.

Look at Marvin upsetting Los Ice Creams. Insane.

So much for any playoff hopes. I think if I didn't pull out a big win this week, it just wasn't going to happen, period.

Look at Marvin upsetting Los Ice Creams. Insane.

I dont think its that much of an upset as Ice Creams has been kinda bad over the last 6 weeks save a 7-1 win over alfdogg. Ive been on a roll since week 11 (save a 7-1 shallacking by Orange Jews)

Getting Artest has helped me out a lot already in just 2 games from him. If I had been more secured into a playoff spot (3 1/2 up currently) or out of contention I probably would have kept Kaman despite him being hurt but I couldnt afford to keep him with a playoff spot up in the air like it is. I might actually be able to secure at least the 6th spot pretty much with a 5-3 win and White Tigers loss. I really want to avoid Orange Jews at all costs in the first round if I can so Id like to move up to #5.

I think I really can win this whole thing, especially if I can get the 5th spot vs Cartman and avoid Orange Jews in the first round.

If Marvin gets a 6-2 win this week, we'll pretty much be dead even for 5th place going into the final week. I'm probably going to end up with a 4-4 tie this week.

The final week I'll be playing last place. So, 'hopefully' I can hold onto that 5th spot. We shall see though.

How do you suppose you're going to be able to get past me in later rounds, if not the first? Expect someone else to knock me out?

Guest Vitamin X

I think the biggest lesson I've learned this season is to try and stick with the team you have and make way less moves than you need to. I've made like 3-4 trades and god knows how many waiver moves. I was doing great to start the year, and even was hanging around the #2-4 spots for most of the season, then it just totally fell apart, possibly around the time I made the trade for Z-Bo.

Maybe I can win the consolation tournament though, as well, consolation.

How do you suppose you're going to be able to get past me in later rounds, if not the first? Expect someone else to knock me out?
If I nab the 5th spot and win, Id almost be guaranteed to play Ice Creams in 2nd round unless you lose to Random Hero (who would be the 6th seed if I move up) since #1 would play the lowest ranked team left in the 2nd round, which is why I like my chances a lot if I can get the 5th spot.

And I am 1/2 game back of Random for 5th spot..not looking too good considering who he's playing but Alfdogg is short two players so I shouldnt have much problem going 6-2, but I really have to hope for 7-1 or 8-0. the only categories Im worried about are the %'s since I dont do too well with them.

Sounds impressive til you see you've tied 4-4 five times in that span.

I wish I could have the rough stretch I went through in December back to pick up a few wins

Week 7 (3-5 loss) Lost to Ipod by 1 point in points (350-349) and .005 in FT %.

Week 8 (2-5 loss) Lost to Cartman by 1 point in points (385-384)

Week 10 (3-5 loss) Lost to Issah's Advisor by 1 rebound (146-145)

4 wins right there, if I had those Id be in 4th place right now..

So with the Los Ice Creams free-falling, it's me and Orange Jews battling for first. This should be fun, I like my odds.

Do you? I'm already a game ahead of you, I play the 17th best team in the league this week and I just added Jason Kidd and Marvin Williams while only giving up Mike Conley (very little help) and Greg Oden (no help.) For the first time in this whole league I have my whole team contributing, and I've still got 100 wins.

I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!

Guest Vitamin X

Is TOOG's team The Champs Are Here? I'll make sure to put out a strong showing for ya this week, Cool Jew. I already beat them 4-3 in Week 2, but that was a very different Rain team. I'm barely above .500 right now, so I want to at least get into the consolation playoffs.

But oh god, Donaghy's Conscience? That competition isn't even close. 47-109-4? Yikes. iPod nano, Frailblazers, Teke's Tigers also all have a chance to break 100 losses.

Also, if anyone is interested in Shaq for the playoffs like the Phoenix Suns are in the real NBA, shoot me a trade if you like. I don't need him and am looking for some quality players to keep around for next year, or possibly help me out through the consolation playoffs. Thanks.

Is TOOG's team The Champs Are Here? I'll make sure to put out a strong showing for ya this week, Cool Jew. I already beat them 4-3 in Week 2, but that was a very different Rain team. I'm barely above .500 right now, so I want to at least get into the consolation playoffs.

But oh god, Donaghy's Conscience? That competition isn't even close. 47-109-4? Yikes. iPod nano, Frailblazers, Teke's Tigers also all have a chance to break 100 losses.

Also, if anyone is interested in Shaq for the playoffs like the Phoenix Suns are in the real NBA, shoot me a trade if you like. I don't need him and am looking for some quality players to keep around for next year, or possibly help me out through the consolation playoffs. Thanks.

iPod nano is a LOCK for 100 losses.

Yah I'm The Champs Are Here.

So with the Los Ice Creams free-falling, it's me and Orange Jews battling for first. This should be fun, I like my odds.

Hopefully Caron Butler being healthy again will fix my team's problems.

Orange Jews is gonna get a break (uh..pun..hmm) with the 1rst round bye not having to deal with Dirks injury til the 2nd week.

Damn I would have liked to face OJ now though..

It doesnt look like Im going to move up but I wont lose 6th either, so Champs are Here, be prepared to not be here (or champs)

What a cruel twist of fate. Hopefully my other shmoes can pick up the slack. At least I know I'll win blocks.

Good luck, Team Random Hero! Last time we finished in a 4-4 tie, hopefully I won't lose too badly ending my unbeated streak. As long as Howard, Turk, and West keep doing what they do best I can hang. I would love to have some of Rondo's better performances and at least something out of the rest. May have to drop Wallace finally though.

There's no question this is going to be an interesting matchup. I've tied quite a few matchups in recent weeks. If we end up in a tie again, I think you'll win the matchup because of having a .003% better winning percentage than me.

I'm stuck with the corpse of Dwyane Wade on my bench. Amazingly, my team has still been competitive without him. I attribute a lot of it to Troy Murphy and Drew Gooden playing way better than they normally do. I was planning on grabbing Jaric but you managed to get to him before me. That has me a little concerned about the assist situation. It looks like we both have a ton of schedule conflicts this week on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

White Knickerbockers is going to with the consolation bracket and be crowned Best of the Rest. Book it!

That team has played pretty good the past month and a half. The only thing that kept them out of the playoffs was the 2 straight losses to TOOG and Marvin.

OK, here's what I have for keepers right now.

Adam: Gilbert Arenas, Rashard Lewis, Josh Howard

teke184: Carmelo Anthony, Rip Hamilton, Brandon Roy

nogoodnick: Danny Granger, Andre Igoudala, Greg Oden

Cena: Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, Manu Ginobili

Fökai:

Deep_Thought: Baron Davis, Rudy Gay, Carlos Boozer

King: Kobe Bryant, Chris Kaman, Zach Randolph

HarleyQuinn: Tim Duncan, Emeka Okafor, Mo Williams

Vitamin X: LaMarcus Aldridge, Tracy McGrady, David Lee

Cuban_Linx: Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Stephen Jackson

Alfdogg: Yao Ming, Elton Brand, Jose Calderon

MFerXtreme87: Paul Pierce, Mehmet Okur, Mike Miller