TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

TSM NBA H2H: Year 5

Guest Vitamin X
Id consider Yao in a keeper league if I was out of playoff contention and didnt have solid keepers lined up..

This is a keeper league, schmuck.

Re: trade deadline

I figured at the end of the year, if guys want to make some deals to get some new keepers, this would be a good way to do it.

For example, let's say you want to get Lamar Odom as a keeper. Since I'm not planning to keep Odom, at the end of the year you just send me any one of your non-keepers for him (we'll say Troy Murphy, again as an example). This would also allow you to make these sort of deals without adversely affecting anyone's playoff chances.

If nothing else, we could just take a vote on this, and I can reinstate the deadline if you guys are not in favor.

I'm fine with it. I'm probably done making any major transactions since I'm in the playoff battle. I would be slightly annoyed if there are any ridiculous trades going down that drastically improve playoff bound teams. I was just wondering what was up since I only noticed the change because I clicked on the view all transactions log to see who got added/dropped tonight. I doubt any trades will even happen the rest of the way unless someone can pull off a deal for the rights to Greg Oden.

Also, scheduling has been a disaster for me this week. Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday I have everyone on my roster playing. On the other days I only have 1 to 2 guys playing. Worst lineup schedule I've had all year. If I can some how get a 5-3 victory, this week has been a major success.

I think I've settled on Yao Ming, Elton Brand, and Jose Calderon as my keepers. I hate to give up Barbosa's threes, but I just can't pass on Calderon's shooting percentages and assists.

Guest Vitamin X

After starting the season 6-2-1, I've gone 1-5-2 since then, until my win last week over teke gave me a much needed one. With a little help from the other playoff contenders, and maybe a good winning streak to finish off the season, maybe I might make it into the actual playoffs. Losing to the biggest loser on the board by 0-8 really demoralized my team, though.

My Celtics just jumped into 4th, and have been 8-0-4 since week 7. weeks 1-6 I was 1-4-1. Suprising turnaround.

My keepers are probably going to be Howard, West, and Turkoglu. Turkoglu has been a huge suprise this year and paid off bigtime so far. Keeping Wallace probably wasnt the best idea from last season but he still contributes in blocks and steals with decent rebounds.

I'm in a tough battle for 2-3rd place with Orange Jews. He's been on fire and I had a bad week two weeks so I'm down to 3rd. I'm leaning towards AI, Chandler and Redd as keepers. Iverson and Chandler I'm certain on, while Redd I'm debating. Corey Maggette might be worth keeping over him.

Guest Vitamin X

I think my keepers on my team are Aldridge, McGrady, and then a toss-up between either David Lee or Luis Scola. I pulled the triggers on a couple trades this season that, in retrospect weren't so good. One of them was trading Manu for Z-Bo (I needed rebounds badly earlier this year) who I later got rid of (along with top-ten fantasy scorer Baron Davis) for David Lee and Tracy McGrady. I've pretty much given up Manu Ginobili, Baron Davis, and Beno Udrih for Tracy McGrady, David Lee, and jackshit. The rest of my team I've somehow been able to do really well with FA signings (Udrih was one of them, as was Ricky Davis, Luis Scola and Willie Green) but the only two guys left from the draft are Aldridge and Shaq. Insane. Next year, I'm going to try and keep my team together the best I can. Losing Davis is actually what I blame for the cause of my team's downfall; his FG% KILLED me, but his points, assists, and 3's were too much to lose.

I'm in a tough battle for 2-3rd place with Orange Jews. He's been on fire and I had a bad week two weeks so I'm down to 3rd. I'm leaning towards AI, Chandler and Redd as keepers. Iverson and Chandler I'm certain on, while Redd I'm debating. Corey Maggette might be worth keeping over him.

My next three opponents are in the bottom half of the league, Im hoping Ive got second sewn up. Dirk had to come on eventually!

My next three opponents are in the bottom half of the league, Im hoping Ive got second sewn up. Dirk had to come on eventually!

I should've never given up second but no one on my team, outside of AI, has ever heard of consistency. I'm against last place this week though, so it's not over yet. ;) .

I should've never given up second but no one on my team, outside of AI, has ever heard of consistency. I'm against last place this week though, so it's not over yet. ;) .

Yes it is so.

I was hanging around the lower echelon of playoff teams until Jermaine O'neal got hurt. With him I probably wouldn't be at the very top but I'd be a helluva lot better with 16, 8 and 2 blocks. No one on my team is untouchable if anyone has offers.

I'll be sticking with Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen as my main keepers yet again, with Captain Jack joining them. I never expected Stephen Jackson would end up being one of my keepers, though i never expected Kirk Hinrich would be mostly worthless all season either.

Im gonna go 5-2-1 this week and probably have locked up a playoff spot and probably no better than 5th.

Im also going Center crazy!! Kaman, Dalembert, Milicic, Perkins and Thomas!!! Im almost willing to part with Kaman now if someone wants to pick him up..as my confidence in having him as a keeper has waned lately and I can always go Martin/Smith/Miller or Carter.

My keepers are going to be the same as last year.

Dwyane Wade, Deron Williams, and Al Jefferson.

Well it appears I should be a lock to get into the playoffs. I face 18th place this week and 20th place next week.

I'm THRILLED that my team will now be without Dwyane Wade for the rest of the season... Wade will now become my teams official bench cheerleader. I finally got my roster in order and had a squad that was statistically playing good enough to win in most matchups and now Wade is done. His production really fell off the past 2 weeks. I think my team faired well enough those weeks.

I decided to end the TJ Ford and the Mark Blount experiments in favor of a couple of guys producing in specific stat categories. Aside from the PG position I still think my team is really deep and I like the fact that I now have a team that I can start guys depending on what categories I need and not just who is going to produce and who isn’t.

I already started tinkering with my roster before the all star break to try and start changing it so that once the inevitable came I'd be somewhat prepared for it. We'll see if I can make it 3 years in a row I make a 2nd round exit from the playoffs.

I've put up a couple weeks that ordinarily would've won me 5-3 or 6-2 but instead I had to face juggernauts so I'm 70-78 IIRC. Blah.

My keepers are most likely: Tim Duncan, Emeka Okafor, and Tony Parker although Nate Robinson's play may force a look.

I'm going to keep Kobe, Brad Miller and ___________

I would trade anyone else on my team as part of a package for one bonafide keeper, even if they're hurt. I'm sure someone could use a bunch of players for the playoffs.

I'm going to keep Kobe, Brad Miller and ___________

I would trade anyone else on my team as part of a package for one bonafide keeper, even if they're hurt. I'm sure someone could use a bunch of players for the playoffs.

Does Kaman count as a bonafide keeper?

Guest Vitamin X

Oh crap! Only two spots out of competing for the the #6 seed in the real playoffs. Sure, it's 7 games back, but it's possible.

WE BELIEVE