TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

House: Season 4

so Wilson's dating female House...Yeah, House is gonna have a field day with this, heh

"Oh my God- you're dating me." "..."

Amazing.

My local affiliate cut to the news immediately after Cutthroat Bitch came on the screen. Did anything important happen after that?

My local affiliate cut to the news immediately after Cutthroat Bitch came on the screen. Did anything important happen after that?

House just says, "Cutthroat Bitch?!?" and Wilson says he likes to call her Amber. House stares confused as fuck as she just stands there with Wilson with her usual bitchy "Game on" look.

Preview for Tuesday was awesome.

Poor Wilson having to substitute the real thing for Cutthroat Bitch :P

Tuesday's preview looked great.

Fox are wimps. As are the creators, who are just out and out blind.

Watched House tonight. I had given up on the show since December, and figured I was done with the fandom. Then tonight during Idol, Fox aired a promo clip, wherein House said to Wilson (about his relationship with Amber) "Oh my god, you're sleeping with me!" How could I resist?

So I watched. I kept hoping for House to kiss Wilson in one of his ambush tests, but alas, no go. Fox is too much of a wimp for that. The best they'll ever give us slashers is for Wilson to date the female version of House; the show bluntly states this.

I can't expect better. The show's creators are die-hard Ham lovers. Listening to their "Half-Wit" commentary sickened me.

Anyway. I liked the show tonight. Its very much reheated S1 leftovers with new spice. I like that, but I am hoping against hope that S4 is the final season. The show has run its course, sad to say.

Poor Wilson having to substitute the real thing for Cutthroat Bitch :P

Tuesday's preview looked great.

Fox are wimps. As are the creators, who are just out and out blind.

Watched House tonight. I had given up on the show since December, and figured I was done with the fandom. Then tonight during Idol, Fox aired a promo clip, wherein House said to Wilson (about his relationship with Amber) "Oh my god, you're sleeping with me!" How could I resist?

So I watched. I kept hoping for House to kiss Wilson in one of his ambush tests, but alas, no go. Fox is too much of a wimp for that. The best they'll ever give us slashers is for Wilson to date the female version of House; the show bluntly states this.

I can't expect better. The show's creators are die-hard Ham lovers. Listening to their "Half-Wit" commentary sickened me.

I think that's a really dumb idea. They do a lot of outlandish things for shock value on the show, but the characters are largely explored through elevated dialogue and experience. Reducing House and Wilson (the two most intelligent characters on the show) to something like that would be self-defeating and small.

I'm pretty sure that if Fox had given up on House, it wouldn't have gotten the post-Super Bowl pimp spot. But that's just me.

Anyway, I agree with Boon. Just because House and Wilson are best friends, it doesn't mean that we needed to have a Joey-Chandler subplot. Especially since House isn't a sitcom...

I felt the whole House/Wilson thing was a bit over the top. By the time we got to the 4th/5th comment of "sexual joke" it was like: We get it!!

And the only way Thirteen's Bisexuality = Win is if they actually play it up rather than just featuring it as a character trait i.e. "She's bisexual! Don't forget!" but don't show anything in the way of female/female contact (or male/female contact and subsequent jealousy from an female ex or vice versa).

House was pretty good this past week with the kidnapped soap star and Wilson's waterbed, lol.

Next week looks like it has the potential to be an all-time great, though.

The switch to Monday really killed the discussion in the House thread.

But this past episode was one of the best in the history of the series. It was a pretty amazing story arc with House trying to regain his memory from the bus crash and I don't care if Lisa Edelstein is 40+, that was a fucking hot strip tease.

I wonder what's going to happen to Amber in the season finale.

This is one of the top two eps in series history. I just re-watched it and its better than first viewing. The strip tease, then twist had me in tears with how true it is for the character.

Only downside from this ep is they haven't fired anyone from the new team. Because the two dudes in the new team suck.

The switch to Monday really killed the discussion in the House thread.

But this past episode was one of the best in the history of the series. It was a pretty amazing story arc with House trying to regain his memory from the bus crash and I don't care if Lisa Edelstein is 40+, that was a fucking hot strip tease.

I wonder what's going to happen to Amber in the season finale.

Since this is still a wrestling board at heart, I can see that, but I think it helps show that House can stand on it's own without the rub from the Idol Machine.

And fuck yeah this ep was awesome.

In regards to Amber, I am hoping they don't kill her character off next week. With her having the rod through her leg, I can see House diagnosing whatever disease she has and fixing it, but her still being a cripple. That way, they would have the dynamic of House and Amber being even more alike (as they foreshadowed with the whole "Wilson is dating House" talk a few eps back). I think it would add an interesting storyline to play off of the beginning of next season.

But why were they together on the bus?

The finale is called "Wilson's Heart" so I hope they don't go the super lame route of having Wilson think House was trying to steal Amber and get so jealous that he's not his friend anymore.

But why were they together on the bus?

That is what I've been trying to figure out. I mean its obvious why House is on the bus, because he's drunk and can't drive his motorcycle home. But the explanations I keep coming up with as to why Amber is there keep throwing me for a loop. At first I thought that House tried to call Wilson to come get him so he didn't have to ride the bus and instead got Amber. If that's the case, then why wouldn't Amber have just drove him? The same thing applies if they met there behind Wilson's back. Why wouldn't Amber just drive him home?

The only potential explanation I could come up with was that House refused to ride with Amber or be "taken care of" and got on the bus. And Amber's compromise was "well if you won't let me take you home, then I am going to ride with you and make sure you get home ok".

But of course, I could be missing something.

That was an amazing episode proably the best since Three Stories.

My sister kept yelling Amber when mysterious girl kept talking about her necklace and I was like Amber what about Am... Oh

we also got to hear Thirteen's last name.

was Fred Durst the bartender?

Yes, Fred Durst was the bartender. Remember when they were in the bar and Amber popped up in hallucination form, but Wilson said that she wasn't? I'm thinking she called truce and wanted to meet with House. That episode was fantastic, by the way. House taking four Vicodins in forty seconds, the tripping balls was hysterical.

I'm glad they killed her off. She wasn't all that likable and it adds some needed tension between House and Wilson.

Well done.

I would be a completely broken man if I ever went through what Wilson went through tonight. It was agonizing enough and then he found the note. My god. It'd be over for me.

With that said - that was FUCKING DEPRESSING. Amber dead. 13 with a death sentence. House admitting he'd rather be dead then go through the rest of his life.

The only positive and heartwearming thing was Cuddy's vigil over House. Everything else was like a punch to the stomach.

Great episode but I haven't been this depressed after a TV show in ages.

Fuck. I opened this thread thinking there was still discussion going on about last week. I was out tonight and recorded the finale so I wasn't thinking..I guess I'm going to watch it now..even though it's been partially ruined for me.