TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

That's too bad. I actually wanted to see Michaels come back and feud with the new Hart Foundation at Survivor Series this year.

That's one of the reasons I would be against Shawn returning. We really need Bret's bastard nephew to represent the family against Shawn on the anniversary of?

That's too bad. I actually wanted to see Michaels come back and feud with the new Hart Foundation at Survivor Series this year.

That is something that I'd like to see, but HBK has pretty much run out of feuds with everyone else.

Even though I know it'll never, ever happen, I want HBK to come back for one last heel run. His heel work against Hogan in '05 was off the charts. I'll never forget the heat he had in Canada on that Raw before his match with Hogan. It was off the charts compared to his usual reception in Canada. It was atomic. Simply because he was once again playing the piece of shit so well.

So does Paul London really not give a shit about his job? Messing around in important promos, telling fans stuff months before it airs, and continuely busting out moves (fucking awesome moves I might add) we've been told he's been banned from doing. Any ideas?

My problem with that move is that it wasn't even neccesary. A flying cross body is just as effective as a SSP. Don't need to be fancy for the sake of being fancy.

The SSP is a risky move. Why do such a move when a safer move would get just as big a reaction?

I doubt that a flying cross body off the ring apron would have gotten an equal reaction than the running SSP. Doubt it HIGHLY.

I obviously don't the edict in front of me to know the exact rules, but my understanding was as follows:

Top turnbuckle SSP to opponent laying on the mat = bad due to injury issues (same for the 450).

Running SSPs (either in the ring where you don't get much height and have more control or in this case, diving at a person standing up) are a-ok. London and Kendrick have used Paul jumping on Brian's back and doing a SSP at least twice to win a match.

The SSP is a risky move. Why do such a move when a safer move would get just as big a reaction?

I doubt that a flying cross body off the ring apron would have gotten an equal reaction than the running SSP. Doubt it HIGHLY.

It's all a matter of how you deliver the move and get the crowd to by into the execution. Look back at The Rock... you know what made him great? - The fact he could make a simple elbow drop the most anticipated move in the match.

I obviously don't the edict in front of me to know the exact rules, but my understanding was as follows:

Top turnbuckle SSP to opponent laying on the mat = bad due to injury issues (same for the 450).

Running SSPs (either in the ring where you don't get much height and have more control or in this case, diving at a person standing up) are a-ok. London and Kendrick have used Paul jumping on Brian's back and doing a SSP at least twice to win a match.

London got bitched out for doing the SSP from the top to the ouside on standing opponents...

London's running Shooting Star Press was fucking awesome, and is one of the main reasons I love Londrick so much. They really are absolutely amazing to watch.

Needless to say though, its dangerous... to both the person he's landing the move on, and himself.

I guess with the rash of injuries that have happened lately, I'm a little torn about dangerous spots. I mean hell, most of the 6-8 month long injury stints haven't been caused by anything remotely as flashy. But I guess its only a matter of time, right.

... still... it was pretty damn sweet.

Did Snitsky get suspended for 60 days or is he injured? I do not recall seeing him since getting protected against Cena a couple of months back.

Good question. No one really knows what's happened to Snitsky.

Did Snitsky get suspended for 60 days or is he injured? I do not recall seeing him since getting protected against Cena a couple of months back.

No one really cares, either.

No one really cares, either.

I seem to recall somebody on the board having "Snitsky Mark" or something similar in their custom title. I wonder if that guy even cares at this point.

I think the SSP off the top rope is the only banned variation. The running version (Red Star Press) doesn't have that much impact. And doing it from the ring to the floor isn't really much different from any other dive. Regardless of exactly what the angle of the body flying at you is, you pretty much catch 'em all the same way. In fact, I'd way rather have someone do a SSP for a dive on me than a moonsault, at least with the first one you can see what you're doing.

If I'm doing any kind of spectacular or crazy dive, I'd be saving it for a PPV rather than a throwaway match on TV.

London and Kendrick don't even have a match at the PPV. They may get one added at the last minute, but still, it's not like they get all that many PPV matches, so what's the point of saving it for PPV?

I was just watching the Invasion PPV, and wondered why doesn't the WWE do cool video packages before PPV's anymore? They used to use footage from stuff outside of wrestling and even some stuff that had to do with the storyline. I used to love watching em before the PPV. Anyone know why they don't do em anymore?

I was just watching the Invasion PPV, and wondered why doesn't the WWE do cool video packages before PPV's anymore? They used to use footage from stuff outside of wrestling and even some stuff that had to do with the storyline. I used to love watching em before the PPV. Anyone know why they don't do em anymore?

Could have something to do with losing their main guy who did that stuff, who now is with TNA (Dave Sahadi or something is his name)

He's on Heat this week. He may have been suspended for 30 days, but not 60.

Could have something to do with losing their main guy who did that stuff, who now is with TNA (Dave Sahadi or something is his name)

Damn. I enjoyed his work.