TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Cena Injured Tonight (Out 6-12 Months)

King C: I LOVE tournaments but I think WWE has seen bad returns ratings and PPV wise when they have tourneys. I believe its a ig reason why KOTR dies off as well. Even when they do a tournament now its very short. I am a HUGE amrk for bigger tournaments but I think we are in the minority on that

I'd also LOVE to see a 16 or even 32 man tournament, for any reason they can come up with to have one.

King C: I LOVE tournaments but I think WWE has seen bad returns ratings and PPV wise when they have tourneys. I believe its a ig reason why KOTR dies off as well. Even when they do a tournament now its very short. I am a HUGE amrk for bigger tournaments but I think we are in the minority on that

I'd also LOVE to see a 16 or even 32 man tournament, for any reason they can come up with to have one.

32 man is over-kill.

Yeah, a one night 16 man might be a stretch. Back in the Attitude era it worked okay (well, 14 man) because the average length of matches was so much shorter anyway. And the only other was at a WrestleMania.

I'm not buying this Jeff Hardy thing like everybody else on here apparantly is, but a tournament would be a great way to give him a quick career boost. Have Jeff make a run through the tournament to the semis, beat a couple of big names along the way. I don't buy him as a WWE Champion but he's a perfect underdog challenger.

Whether they'd be able to match the historic Savage win or the awesome night-long storyline that was SS '98, I don't know. I'm just not a fan of the ideology of the vacant belt just going on the line in a one-off match, without those involved at least being direct challengers before the belt got vacated.

32 man is over-kill.

Ya, probably..but there are more than 16 upper mid-card to Main Event guys. Plus if you did only 16, you'd have to have a few main eventers lose in the first round.

Survivor Series 98 had a terrific buyrate. No Survivor Series has done nearly that high since.

The KOTRs aside from 2002 didn't do too bad either. I can't remember why 2002's was so low.

The current betting line is a HHH/Orton/Hardy/Umaga 4-way for the title.

I keep thinking about how McMahon said it would be a "historic" night. Granted, it's mere hype but I wonder if they might actually do something to warrant that claim. I do think it'll be a 4 way and I'll take Hardy over Kennedy. I'd honestly just have Hardy pin Umaga while Orton and HHH do a brawl away from it (probably with McMahon involved). Crowd goes nuts, Orton has built in excuse and HHH doesn't get "hurt" in the process. Jeff gets a short reign before dropping it to Orton at Cyber and that plants the seeds for what would appear to be WWE's current option for WM(Orton-HHH) since Kennedy looks to have fizzled out.

The KOTRs aside from 2002 didn't do too bad either. I can't remember why 2002's was so low.

Because it couldn't possibly have been the fault of the main event, the tournament format was blamed for the low number that year, and it got shelved.

The current betting line is a HHH/Orton/Hardy/Umaga 4-way for the title.

I'd say that Hardy gets the nod to give the audience a happy ending, and make up for Cena not being there, and then Hardy drops it Orton at Cyber Sunday to get over the idea that the fans choices can have major ramifications and to build to Hunter getting the belt at WM. Third time's the charm, maybe, for Hunter versus Orton at a Wrestlemania.

How about a 4 man Tournament for the title? Have the scheduled Triple H/ Umaga match as one semi, and Orton/Hardy as the other. Then in the Triple H/Orton final, Vince can screw Triple H out of the belt so he doesn't look weak, and so they can keep the Vince/ HHH mini feud going.

How about a 4 man Tournament for the title? Have the scheduled Triple H/ Umaga match as one semi, and Orton/Hardy as the other. Then in the Triple H/Orton final, Vince can screw Triple H out of the belt so he doesn't look weak, and so they can keep the Vince/ HHH mini feud going.

That's probably the best plan I've heard, but I don't think they'd want to do HHH vs Orton out of nowhere.

That's probably the best plan I've heard, but I don't think they'd want to do HHH vs Orton out of nowhere.

and if they DO go this route, they can have Umaga flatten HHH after their match, so that HHH is less then 100% going into the title match. This way HHH surely would not look weak if he had to *gasp* do the job

The WWE.com article about the title match pretty much points straight towards Orton/Hardy/Umaga/HHH.

Not bad for Hardy. He goes from not having a match to being thrown into the main event for the WWE title. He'll probably be taking the pinfall, but still, not too shabby.

John Cena underwent surgery for his torn pec today and will be out anywhere from six months to a year, with eight months being the most likely scenario. The reason there wasn't an announcement made on ECW last night was because they hadn't figured out what they were going to do on Sunday yet. A meeting is scheduled for Thursday to discuss the matter. I do know that Vince is super high on Randy Orton right now, thinking he's far and away the hottest heel in the company, so he'll likely get the rocket strapped to him. They've already edited footage on WWE.com to make it appear that Orton did most of the damage to Cena, meaning Kennedy likely isn't going to get any sort of rub for "taking him out".

F4W

Guest JBKMDX

Thank god. I'd rather have another Triple H squash title reign than seeing Cena bore it up in the ring and on the mic.

It wasn't Kennedy's fault, lushy.

Let go of your hate, my young padawan

If you're joking, cool, but if you're still on the Kennedy Sandbagged Him bandwagon, go back and look at the tape again. Kennedy clearly planted both feet and jumped for the hiptoss. It was just a combination of bad timing and awkward positioning on both their parts that caused the odd landing.

Is Jeff Hardy still the IC Champion? It'll be cool to see him be double champion as IC Champion and WWE Champion since the Ultimate Warrior.

Is Jeff Hardy still the IC Champion? It'll be cool to see him be double champion as IC Champion and WWE Champion since the Ultimate Warrior.

HHH technically was for split second when he unified them.

It wasn't Kennedy's fault, lushy.

Let go of your hate, my young padawan

If you're joking, cool, but if you're still on the Kennedy Sandbagged Him bandwagon, go back and look at the tape again. Kennedy clearly planted both feet and jumped for the hiptoss. It was just a combination of bad timing and awkward positioning on both their parts that caused the odd landing.

I don't think he sandbagged him, but if Cena didn't take move the move, Kennedy would have done a complete front flip and would have landed at Cenas feet. Yeah, he planted and jumped...way the fuck across the ring. He was already making it over on the flip when Cena caught him and pretty much all of his weight to pull him over him.

Maybe Cena was supposed to step in more(because if Cena had done his usual hip toss, he would have thrown kennedy into the ropes as far over as he was).

So basically, I am agreeing with you apparently, and this post was pointless. They both were too far apart from each other, Cena tried to make it up and fucked himself up doing so.

The important question in all of this;

What sort of belt will the WWE Title be?

As long as they drop the "Pimp My Belt", I will be happy. As much as I would like to see the return of "Brock's Belt", I also wouldn't mind seeing something completely new.

Undisputed.JPG

Make it happen, WWE!