TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ginger Snaps

Pushing Daisies

I'm surprised no one made a thread about this show yet, since there's like a thread for every other new show. Anyway, I saw the pilot, "Pie-lette", this week, and thought it was really, really good. It was funny and quirky and kind of light-hearted, even though the show revolves around death. I liked the concept and the actors all did a fine job, and the characters are just different and interesting enough to make things fun. It gave me a bit of a Tim Burton feel, if he wasn't quite as dark as he usually is and was making TV shows.

Also, Jim Dale as narrator! Hearing him as the narrator brought a smile to my face.

My girlfriend and I watched the pilot online about a month ago. We thought it was really good. I like its charm and quirkiness and I hope it doesn't end up getting cancelled prematurely like a lot of shows of its ilk do.

Ratings were very good and 8pm on a Wednesday is a good time slot. The only thing that worries me, as I said in the other thread, is that the show might easily fly over the heads of the masses. It'll be interesting if the show holds the audience around how the whole Chuck/Ned storyline plays out in the end.

Hell, it'll be interesting to see where this show goes period. It really got me excited for the next episode but really worrying about how exactly this is all going to work.

Another fine episode, funny, attractive females for the eye candy crowd and overall a good storyline. But everything about this show just tells me it's too damn original for it's own good and is doomed.

It was already fighting an uphill battle with the guy brings people back from the dead so he can solve crimes for money while making pies on the side. But the musical number, the quirky sense of humor, and just everything feels like it's headed for a WAY too early grave. Which really blows because I'm already hooked.

I didn't mind, it somehow fit the episode. Especially with the dog singing too. Digby looks like my dog!!

This was another good episode. I hope the ratings hold up, I've grown fond of this show after only two episodes, and want it to last.

The musical number seemed written just for the sake of having Kristen Chenoweth sing.

Yeah, I thought so too. But it got entertaining enough once they worked the dog into the bit.

PD is easily the best new show of the Fall Season, its not even remotely close. ABC picked it up for a full season which is a good sign from ABC.

Its doing well in the ratings for ABC which surprised me, as I figured its one of those "way to wierd shows to be a big hit ratings wise".

And Chi McBride (Emerson) is easily my favorite character.

PD is easily the best new show of the Fall Season, its not even remotely close. ABC picked it up for a full season which is a good sign from ABC.

Its doing well in the ratings for ABC which surprised me, as I figured its one of those "way to wierd shows to be a big hit ratings wise".

And Chi McBride (Emerson) is easily my favorite character.

Yeah, it's my favorite new show of the season, I'm happy that it got a full season order. It's very different than other shows out there, but I think that helps it.

This show is awesome, the little narrator thing is just like Little Britain - is it the same guy? I'll download the rest and catch the DVD when its out.

Ned reminds me of Edward Norton.

This show is awesome, the little narrator thing is just like Little Britain - is it the same guy? I'll download the rest and catch the DVD when its out.

Ned reminds me of Edward Norton.

No, the narrating is done by Jim Dale. He also does the audio books for Harry Potter.

Bumbping because Season 2 starts tonight.

This is just one of the sweetest fun shows to watch.

I really really :wub: Anna Friel