TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO RAW Thread 10/08/07

HBK as 222? Who the hell thought that? A viral campaign couldn't be less HBK-esque.

And we've already discussed the stupidity of giving Jericho's return away for free and unhyped, so he isn't coming till Cyber Sunday at least, so don't be expecting him every show.

does this mean no Jericho?

No. It means that Jericho is 222.... it has to be. Who else could it be?

but..

HBK was a possibility and hes back..so..

yeah but they wouldn't just stop airing the promos. If HBK was 222 don't you think they would have played it before he came out?

I've really enjoyed the last two days in WWE land, for better and for worse. This is the type of shit they need to start doing again. The shocking, surprising, mark out moments that we've been given far too few of over the past few years.

I don't know what to think of Orton vs. Michaels at Cyber Sunday and HHH vs. Orton makes more sense really. I seriously hope they don't try to hold off on that till WM or something. That match has been done so many times it has zero WM main event feel to it.

I don't know what to think of Orton vs. Michaels at Cyber Sunday and HHH vs. Orton makes more sense really. I seriously hope they don't try to hold off on that till WM or something. That match has been done so many times it has zero WM main event feel to it.

It's really the hottest program WWE can get right now and Orton is working well currently and HHH is the defacto #1 face. If they hold it off for WM, it's for the best because WM could use a nicely built program for once instead of the generic "Post-Rumble" set up routine. If they build off the reaction last night got, they can make people believe the rematch will be special.

"hen your referring to stuff from years ago that no one remembers unless you look it up?"

Yes, no one remembers Val Venis in the Attitude Era. Or the awesome "Snitsky Punts a Baby" angle. No one at all. We should be ashamed for having a discussion of wrestling on a wrestling message board.

I was talking about who they beat or didn't beat and what the date was.

"he should be able to take Snitsky..."

Snitsky has beaten Kane clean on PPV. Even at his most over in 1998-99, Val Venis could never do that.

....psst, it's a work.

and if you want to get technical about it, and just for the fact I get to prove you wrong.

Lance Storm and Sean Morley defended their tag team titles against Rob Van Dam and Kane at the Wrestlemania 19 Heat pre-show.

No technically you're wrong. They won via interference from Bubba Dudley.

Also, Storm pinned RVD. Morley did not pin Kane.

But they did win.

Ok, when he came out the first thing that had to pop into your mind is why the fuck didn't he help HHH when he was getting the shit beat out of him? I know I know, this is wwe and they leave logic at the door but cmon. At least do a little something to explain this...like showing a car speeding into the parking lot right before he came out.

Ok, when he came out the first thing that had to pop into your mind is why the fuck didn't he help HHH when he was getting the shit beat out of him? I know I know, this is wwe and they leave logic at the door but cmon. At least do a little something to explain this...like showing a car speeding into the parking lot right before he came out.

Because either would kill the surprise.

Guest Vincent Vega

HBK looked alot bigger. I dig the beard. Hopefully beard sporting, cowboy hat wearing HBK isnt such a pussy like 2002 and beyond HBK. (Minus the Hogan feud) And abit more like 1997 HBK.

He arrived to the arena when Orton was in the ring/going to the ring? That's logical.

EDIT: my fault, didn't read the entire post, so I take the blame for that. But, if you don't know HBK is coming, why have a camera in the parking lot? That's some logic. Sure, they do it sometimes and not other times, this is just one of those other times.

Because either would kill the surprise.

No it wouldn't if they just showed a car/truck pulling up. Most probably would have had no idea it was HBK.

He arrived to the arena when Orton was in the ring/going to the ring? That's logical.

EDIT: my fault, didn't read the entire post, so I take the blame for that. But, if you don't know HBK is coming, why have a camera in the parking lot? That's some logic. Sure, they do it sometimes and not other times, this is just one of those other times.

I know, I wish they would be consistent. I generally hate the camera in the parking lot for no reason and someone just "happens to show up" but now that you bring it up, I realize how they have me trained to expect this illogical stuff . fuck lol

If not the camera in the back thing how about regal whispering to mcmahon right before they went out, that there was a disturbance in the back/parking lot. No cameras needed to explain hbk's appearance then.

Umaga needs to hang with Orton for a while..maybe have Kennedy with them to build towards HHH/Orton at Mania..with Hardy and HBK you can mix up those 6 guys into different matches, a traditional SS match and I don't know what at the Rumble but I say go with this until Mania..if Jericho is indeed coming back I don't know where he falls into things but I say keep Orton and HHH seperated and do another LMS at Mania..

Pretty hot ending........you know, with Michaels back and, say, he does the job to Orton at Cyber Sunday in HIAC thanks to save_222, which could either be Jericho OR the new Hart Foundation (since if you recall, the report is that the gimmick WAS to be given to them after initially it was going to be Jericho this summer) - keep in mind we havent even had it confirmed Jericho is coming back necessarily in the immediate future, its all been speculation based on the vignettes - could all be a swerve for the new Hart Foundation to interfere on Michaels to build to Survivor Series (10 years ago that family member was screwed by Shawn). Hell, if they really wanted to make it interesting, the NHF could even go after Vince and Shawn at the same time to play upon Montreal. If they are going to do one last angle based off the screwjob, this might as well be the one and it might as well be now.

Nothing of the sort will probably happen, but hey, whatever. But if Michaels moved into that program for Survivor Series, we would then probably get HHH-Orton at Survivor Series as well. I dont buy nor want nor need to have them build an Orton/HHH rematch all the way til Mania.

Unlike most of the people here I'm a big HBK fan, so hooray for his return. I hate agreeing with Sledge (especially with that annoying signature and arguing with people in here when that should be done elsewhere) but damnit I also thought he looked like Skinner when he came out.

I figured you guys would be going nuts over the new 222 vid showing the word "GO J_" being typed (as in "Go Jericho Go") but I guess no one noticed it. Or I imagined it.

I figured you guys would be going nuts over the new 222 vid showing the word "GO J_" being typed (as in "Go Jericho Go") but I guess no one noticed it. Or I imagined it.

I didn't even turn RAW at all. I turned my TV on and it was on USA for some reason... as soon as it came on HBK's music was playing and out he walked.

BTW, can anyone get a gif or a vid capture of the newest 222 ad?