TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

Let's start talking Worst Song of 2007

Guest Smues
"Ayo Techonology" is just horrible. It's overproduced, with way too much sound effects and modulation. Topping it off, it does an awful job aping "Search and Destroy".

So it's Ayo and not Dayo? I just suck at understanding music these days. And that song always makes me laugh because it's got computerized effects out the wazoo, it sounds like an 8-bit NES game is playing in the background, and then they talk about being tired of too much technology.

No love (?) for "Hey There Delilah"?

good call

what's this current My Chemical Romance song? Teenagers scare the living shit out of me? Give me a fucking break.

Speaking of that shit-tastic song Beautiful Girl, how come they let Suicide go uncensored? I remember back in the day when Papa Roach released Last Resort, that Suicide and even Last Resort were censored in many versions of the song. What the fuck is up with that? So you can mention suicide in a song if its happy, but if it's in a song trying to have some meaning (not that I'm accusing Papa Roach's songs of being deep or anything) then you HAVE to censor it?

Guest Smues
Speaking of that shit-tastic song Beautiful Girl, how come they let Suicide go uncensored? I remember back in the day when Papa Roach released Last Resort, that Suicide and even Last Resort were censored in many versions of the song. What the fuck is up with that? So you can mention suicide in a song if its happy, but if it's in a song trying to have some meaning (not that I'm accusing Papa Roach's songs of being deep or anything) then you HAVE to censor it?

I haven't heard either song censor suicide on the radio, but when I was at Chilis once they had Beautiful Girl playing and instead of suicidal he was "in denial, in denial" which somehow made the song even worse.

No love (?) for "Hey There Delilah"?

good call

It seems that song has been out for the last three years. I won't put that as worst song when you got Nickelback, LP, Soulja Boy and all other nameless soon to be forgotten hip-hop "performers" and lazy 50 Cent songs cluttered over the radio. Big Girls isn't even the worst Fergie song this year amazingly enough.

Can I add "The Great Escape" THROW IT AWAY!

Guest Smues

Another one I forgot "This is why I'm hot"

This is why I'm hot

This is why I'm hot

I'm hot cus I'm fly

you ain't cus you not

Lyrical gold!

because kids commit suicide because of they music they listen to, you see...

yeah

For some reason, I lkind of like both "Beautiful Girls" and "Umbrella" so everybody here can go fuck themselves!

As for worst song of the year, I don't know I've listened to the radio a lot less this year for some reason. If I think of something I'll post it.

I really disliked that Supertramp "sampling" girlfriend song. Gym Class Heroes? Something like that. I'll second Soulja Boy, "Party Like a Rock Star" and "Big Girls Don't Cry." This year's American Idol song..."This Is My Now." I don't know that I heard it on the radio at any point, but if I had...that would be up there.

"Umbrella" is a fine song. "Beautiful Girls" was better when it was "Stand By Me" but isn't really grating enough to warrant worst song consideration. That Gwen Stefani song with Akon seems to be a fixture at sporting events, for whatever reason. I think it's catchy.

Nickelback's last album came out two years ago or so, so they don't really qualify. If they did, "Rockstar" would be the hands-down pick for worst song of the year. As it is, it will have to settle for worst song of the decade.

Thanks Kinetic for reminding me about Gym Class Heroes- I'd pick that for the worst song but I think it's a year or two old. I saw it on Fuse once like a year ago and was like "Wow, this is terrible. I hope it doesn't become a hit because the guy from Fall Out Boy sings the hook" and six months later, it's a hit. I'd say "Clothes Off" is worse. They made an already terrible song ("We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off") even worse.

Nickelback's last album came out two years ago or so, so they don't really qualify. If they did, "Rockstar" would be the hands-down pick for worst song of the year. As it is, it will have to settle for worst song of the decade.

well are we going by album release or when the single actually first hit the radio?

"Rock Star" is pretty sucky but for some reason, I don't find it as overly sucky as previous Nickelback songs and I like the video for some reason. I guess I'm just a big sucker for seeing a bunch of B-listers lip synching.

Guest Smues
It's a toss up between Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne and Beautiful girl by that fat guy

Is Girlfriend that song that goes screams HEY HEY YOU YOU SOMETHING SOMETHING GIRLFRIEND?

Yeah that song sucks.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Nickelback is great music if your idea of music is background noise for lifting weights, but if you actually have a brain,

Also, I'd like to nominate two more songs:

"Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie...I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket? FUCK OFF BITCH!

"The Great Escape" by Gwen Sefani featuring Akon...yeah you know the one WOOHOO YAAHOO!

those are the two I think of right away. Anytime I hear a snipit of either of those I just get instantly annoyed.

I respect anyone's right to like anything, but I also have a hatred for Nickleback. They're just too generic and simple

Speaking of "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne...did anyone notice that it's kind of the exact same song as "I wanna be your girlfriend" by Lush? (which I think is a cover anyway)

Craptastic songs of 2007 not yet said:

Lil Mama - Lip Gloss : What makes this song so bad is that she did a nasty freestyle I heard. And yet crap comes out.

DJ UNK - 2 Step : Another song telling us to "Get Jiggy wit it"

Avril - "When Your Gone" : Makes me almost want to hear "Girlfriend", well almost.

Huey: "Pop, lock, and drop it" : Insert random crap about yet another stupid dance rap song.

Amy Winehouse: "Rehab" : Maybe they should have sent her a song writer, even though the song does have some meaning. She does look like a cokewhore.

Hinder : "Better than Me" and "Lips of an Angel" : both songs suck, and his voice is annoying. Yet it gets play every hour on the radio.

30 Seconds to Mars - "The Kill" : Shut the fuck up you emo bastards.

Craptastic songs of 2007 not yet said:

Lil Mama - Lip Gloss : What makes this song so bad is that she did a nasty freestyle I heard. And yet crap comes out.

Huey: "Pop, lock, and drop it" : Insert random crap about yet another stupid dance rap song.

Amy Winehouse: "Rehab" : Maybe they should have sent her a song writer, even though the song does have some meaning. She does look like a cokewhore.

Lip Gloss. Ugh. Terrible song. Definitely deserves a place here.

Huey - those girls are fucking annoying. Annnnnnoying.

I don't like Amy Winehouse. Her B-sides are good, but that's about it. Overall, I think it's a dull album. It was a swing and a miss basically. She's not black, and there wasn't much soul and groove there.

I heard that mentioned once, in fact wasn't someone trying to sue her over it?

She was sued by 70s power pop band, The Rubinoos cause it sounded similar to their "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend"

I don't know if it came out this year or last but that fucking Three Days Grace song that goes "PAIN WITHOUT LOVE" is fucking terrible.