TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lee_The_Pea

Andre movie

Guest Lee_The_Pea

http://vimeo.com/360033

This is a link that was on wo, its a trailer to the Andre movie. The movie looks horrible, as the guy playing Andre is just tall and does not really look pysichally scary. The other suff in the trailer looks bush league. I hope I'm wrong and that the movie is great because Andre has always been one of my faviorites. What do you guys think?? Any stories or thoughts of Andre anyone would like to share..

Wasn't that Billy Crystal movie a few years back with the Giant supposed to be loosely based on Andre?

Wasn't that Billy Crystal movie a few years back with the Giant supposed to be loosely based on Andre?

Yes, it had a couple of scenes such as the character becoming a pro wrestler. Fairly good movie IMO.

http://vimeo.com/360033

This is a link that was on wo, its a trailer to the Andre movie. The movie looks horrible, as the guy playing Andre is just tall and does not really look pysichally scary. The other suff in the trailer looks bush league. I hope I'm wrong and that the movie is great because Andre has always been one of my faviorites. What do you guys think?? Any stories or thoughts of Andre anyone would like to share..

I remember the WWE 24/7 Legends Roundtable episode where they talked about Iron Sheik and Andre (Easily the most entertaining of those episodes). The funniest Andre story was the one Dusty told where they were in a bordello in New Orleans, the power went out, Dusty felt something wet on his leg, thought it was rain, heard Andre laughing, and then realized he had Giant piss on his leg. Dusty's line "Andre the Giant peed on the American Dream in a bordello in New Orleans" was absolutely hilarious.

Bobby Heenan's book also has some funny Andre stories.

Unfortunately, it IS real. I've been reading up on it for the last 2 years or so, via various news bits from Meltzer and such. It was supposed to come out back in 2005 I think, but got delayed and was supposed to come out this year. Now it's next year. I can't imagine what could be slowing down such a high scale production.

Absolutely awful in every possible way. Even worse is they are trying to put this over as a serious work of art, much like Macho Man's rap CD. I hope it somehow never comes out. It's obvious they don't have a distributor, and I can't imagine any studio backing this shit. Of course, it's Hollywood, so go figure.

Holy shit, this looks awful. The guy playing Andre has a wig on for some reason or at least it looks like a wig. Also, is that fat black guy with the chain supposed to be JYD.

The casting does look terrible.

Andre is too tall

JYD is too old

Vince hadn't started on the juice yet.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be my choice to play Bobby Heenan.

I'm surprised there is no lawsuit stemming from this. Then again, I guess someone would have to know about it, but I say no way McMahon lets his name get used in something like this.

Here is the IMDb page:http://imdb.com/title/tt0475218/

I was curious as to why there were two Andres listed and according this the giant from Big Fish and the Devil's Rejects was supposed to play Andre until he died in 2005 so he was replaced by the guy in the trailer.

This looks like it might just be one of the worst movies that will ever exist. Its a real shame with all of the bio pics coming out right now Andre seems like he could have a fantastic one, instead we are forced to have this.

I read everyones views on the trailer before I watched the trailer, so I expected the worse. But I never expected something THAT bad.

Jesus fucking christ. I've seen MadTV sketches where the actors more closely resembled who they're supposed to be playing. As for getting someone to play Andre, hello, isn't the obvious solution to just stick a wig on Paul Wight? (Not the godawful ball of yarn passing for a hairpiece in this movie, but still.) Clearly these moviemakers couldn't afford Wight, as it's all shot micro-budget stylez. It's stupid to even try to make a movie about Andre without any money, considering he spent the majority of his life playing to sold-out crowds in the largest arenas on the planet. When a movie has such a low budget and is so badly produced that you can't even make a decent two-minute trailer out of it, jesus christ, just kill yourself and save us the pain of living in the same world with your "art". The worst part: the pathetic comments on that webpage from some of the people trying to defend this obvious steaming pile of shit.

Guest Smues

That's not Andre, that's Carlito on stilts. I'm actually hoping this does get a national release. I want to see just how awful it is.

Guest Smues
The worst part: the pathetic comments on that webpage from some of the people trying to defend this obvious steaming pile of shit.

Captain Canoe your facts are very wrong, this is a real movie, and production began with Matthew McGrory (Big Fish) in 2005. Matthew past away during the production and they recast actor Daniel Gilchrist for the lead. The film was shot in Los Angeles and covers a lot of Andre's personal life. They make it very clear in the film that he was 6' 11" and not seven foot four. Look at the trailer again you'll see the apple box / red crate. The film is independent so don’t expect X Men. I am friends with the director and the film screened at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood earlier in the year. It is definitely a real film. If you are a true fan of this legend Andre quit putting the filmmakers down for making a movie about a portion of the mans life its wrong. At least watch the film in theaters first before you put it down based off the trailer which I love. I have seen a lot of the same garbage out there. I'm an agent in Hollywood and believe me I see everything. This is a well done film and very original.

This movie will rank right up there with the Jesse the Body movie.

And I loved how it looks like it was basically shot in people's backyards and on the street. Kind of a "well we can't actually shoot anywhere that you need to ask permission, so lets just shoot on the sidewalk and act like we were in there" kind of thing

I also thought it was funny how they announce the people associated with the film in the trailer, as if any of them have done crap in their lives. "Rocki James Hollywood"...LOL

I'm not expecting multi-million dollar budgeting, but I would think a serious Andre biopic is a bit too lofty for a shoestring budget style of filmmaking. A director's vision can only go so far without adequate resources.

That's my nice way of saying it looks like the drizzling shits.

<a href="http://vimeo.com/360033" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/360033</a>

I remember the WWE 24/7 Legends Roundtable episode where they talked about Iron Sheik and Andre (Easily the most entertaining of those episodes). The funniest Andre story was the one Dusty told where they were in a bordello in New Orleans, the power went out, Dusty felt something wet on his leg, thought it was rain, heard Andre laughing, and then realized he had Giant piss on his leg. Dusty's line "Andre the Giant peed on the American Dream in a bordello in New Orleans" was absolutely hilarious.

Bobby Heenan's book also has some funny Andre stories.

I don't know what's more messed up. Andre pissing on someone or Dusty AND Andre in a bordello.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Wrestling fans have a long memory and tend to have a lot of respect for legends in the business. If these hacks thought they were going to be able to cash in on people wanting to see a movie about Andre the Giant, they couldn't be more wrong. Their movie will go down as being a horrific shit-on-fire failure.

There is no way that this is a legit movie that will get a wide release in theatres. Looks like a crappy, peice of shit movie that was slapped together in film school or something...