TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Alex Rodriguez to opt out of Yankees Contract

Guest NYankees
I hope that's sarcasm

Everything about it was sarcasm except for the Goodbye and Good Riddance.

Guest NYankees

The best part of the article is that this was PAYROD'S decision and not Boras. Which is complete and utter fucking bullshit. I love how once the playoffs ended, PAYROD stated that he didn't think at all during the season about his contract because he was too busy playing ball. PAYROD is going to have a serious reality check when he realizes that the team with the biggest wallet isn't going to be playing his game and get into a bidding war.

Guest Smues
I hope that's sarcasm

Everything about it was sarcasm except for the Goodbye and Good Riddance.

So fucking was sarcasm? Wierd.

Is NYankees for real?

My God...A-Rod practically carried the wheezing Yankees on his back for parts of this season.

He should go to Chicago where he'll be treated like a God (the god that he is), even if he goes 0-4.

Guest NYankees
Is NYankees for real?

My God...A-Rod practically carried the wheezing Yankees on his back for parts of this season.

He should go to Chicago where he'll be treated like a God (the god that he is), even if he goes 0-4.

Yes I am for real. I have seen the Yankees win World Championships with an old Wade Boggs, Charlie Hayes and off the scrap heap from the a's named Scott Brosius. It is being reported that the Yankees were going to offer him a 5 year 150 million dollar contract. If that is not good enough, GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE. What is the worst that is going to happen? The Yankees aren't going to win the World Series and Boston is going to? It has already happened 2 out of the last 4 years. Wouldn't phase me a bit. The Yankees can take the 20-30 million they are going to save and put it to better use.

You know, the Phillies do need a 3rd baseman but if A-Rod batted anything less than .600 in his first game we'd run him out of town.

"The Yankees can take the 20-30 million they are going to save and put it to better use."

Technically, they can't. A-Rod is the best baseball player there is. There is no better option.

Guest NYankees

It's not like this is the 2000 off season when the Yankees were coming off 4 out of 5 World Series. It's going to be 8 years and they haven't won in the 3 years that he has been here and he hasn't done anything of importance in the playoffs since game 3 of the 2004 ALCS. The Yankees won the World Series 4 times with a well balanced offense, bench, starting pitching and bullpen.

If the Yankees spent that money on pitching, it would make sense. I just doubt they will.

So- who wins the A-Rod sweepstakes? My money is on the Cubs.

If the Yankees spent that money on pitching, it would make sense. I just doubt they will.

Given the pitching available, you don't want to spend your money there. If I were the Yankees, I'd get ahold of one of the good defensive center fielders on the market (Andruw Jones, Aaron Rowand or Torii Hunter).

Guest NYankees

Given the pitching available, you don't want to spend your money there. If I were the Yankees, I'd get ahold of one of the good defensive center fielders on the market (Andruw Jones, Aaron Rowand or Torii Hunter).

There is no chance in hell that the Yankees are going to go after Jones with Boras being his agent. The best thing for the Yankees to do is to spread their money out, no more big contracts and wait for Santana and Oswalt to become free agents. You are also right about the Giants, especially with Bonds inflated contract coming off of the Books.

I have a question for Red Sox fans. Would you take Arod on your team? How much do you think Theo would offer him? How much do you think Manny and Papi ask for if Arod were to sign on for 30 million plus per year?

I like how PAYROD is capitalized as if it say, "Look at me, I'm supposed to be clever!"

Now that dead weight like Joe and PAYROD are gone, the Yankees can get back to their winning ways.

Guest NYankees
I like how PAYROD is capitalized as if it say, "Look at me, I'm supposed to be clever!"

Now that dead weight like Joe and PAYROD are gone, the Yankees can get back to their winning ways.

Can you please stop trolling. If you are going to post, at least add something to the discussion.

So, I guess PAYROD is convinced that he can get more than 8/$230 million on the open market. I think the shortlist of teams that could and would add him are Boston, Chicago (NL), LAA, SF...who else? Just to be different, I'll say he ends up with the Halos. I just don't want him to go to Chicago, being that he's the best player in baseball ever and all (that's absolutely not sarcasm. I love A-Rod. He's awesome.)

Oh yeah, put me down for the Giants.

Nah, they like throwing big money at crappy players.

Arod wouldn't come here anyway. He probably wouldn't want to spend the next decade in the cellar, and if any other team throws the same or less amount of money at him, it's an easy decision.

Guest NYankees

Arod wouldn't come here anyway. He probably wouldn't want to spend the next decade in the cellar, and if any other team throws the same or less amount of money at him, it's an easy decision.

He signed with the Rangers after they finished in last place in 2000.

Guest NYankees
I say A-Rod goes to Boston and Lowell comes to Philly.

If Arod is going to be making 30-35 million with the Red Sox. How much do you think Ortiz and Manny are going to want to make. Also, If I were Lowell, I would wait to see what the Yankees are going to do and offer before I go to the Phillies.

He signed with the Rangers after they finished in last place in 2000.

Touche. Or however you spell it.

This is my biggest fear as I'm so looking forward to the Giants not only being terrible, which they have been recently, but also being irrelevant next year without Bonds.