TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007

Well, in a match aired the afternoon of SummerSlam, Skip accidentally cost Hakushi a match against Horowitz. In turn, Hakushi interfered in the Skip/Horowitz match that night to give Horowitz another win. At this time, Skip was mentoring 'Bodydonna in Training' Rad Radford so a natural lowcard tag feud kicked in. But yeah, there were a series of skits w/ Horowitz trying to Americanize Hakushi y teaching him about the home run record, Roseanne, and a couple other things that I can't remember.

I can see those skits now with Horowitz trying to explain this Bonds controversy and Hakushi points out that Sadaharu Oh still holds the actual home run world record.

Don't know why this is, but Survivor Series 1994 was updated onto my system instead of Survivor Series 1987. I voted for 1994, so I'm not complaining, but if it's like this for everyone else, I'm sure there will be a couple people who are pissed off.

And on that note, Gorilla Monsoon's whole getup for the show is hilarious looking.

Guest flairfan
Survivor Series '94 on my end as well.

Cool. i voted for SS94. I didnt need 1987, as they showed it last year!! So good for me!!! LOL

I was hoping with WWE.com now actually advertising their weekly line-ups (as opposed to me finding out through some American cable company's posted schedule) it meant they were going back to having identical programming on all cable systems, but Cogeco is still PYBO free. I want to tape Survivor Series 94, too! Oh well.

Two more days until Bret/Austin's street fight angle!

yea its weird I got 1994 as well and I'm pretty sure 1987 won, oh well I'm with everyone else I saw 87 last year this is somethin different

Don't know why this is, but Survivor Series 1994 was updated onto my system instead of Survivor Series 1987. I voted for 1994, so I'm not complaining, but if it's like this for everyone else, I'm sure there will be a couple people who are pissed off.

And on that note, Gorilla Monsoon's whole getup for the show is hilarious looking.

Dude, everyone's attire is pretty hilarious. They went WAY overboard with it being in San Antonio, although having "Walker, Texas Ranger" in the main event was pretty funny.

The show was a nice slice of history as it was the transition show into the full blown "Clique" era since Diesel squashed Backlund virtually right after the great towel match with Bret Hart.

Oh yeah - has there ever been a wrestler with a better entrance than The Undertaker?

One more thing - Was this the first PPV that had a video screen?

No, the video screen with wrestler logos started showing up in late 1992 (I know it was on the the late 92 SNME) and as such was used at PPVs in 93.

No, the video screen with wrestler logos started showing up in late 1992 (I know it was on the the late 92 SNME) and as such was used at PPVs in 93.

Thanks... I learn something new everyday. :)

I believe the 1st use of the video screen on ppv was Survivor Series 1992.

As for SurSer94, I love McMahon's rant after Backlund's victory . . . "This is the NEW GENERATION?!?!? I shudder to think!"

Guest flairfan
1994 was on last year as well I think. I know I saw that one recently on 24/7, but can't recall exactly when. I still would like to see Series 1988.

Well, I got 24/7 in Oct of 2006 and SS94 hasnt been on during that time. However, SS87 was on in Nov of 2006. So SS87 has been shown more recently than SS94. Yeah, I to would like to see 1988 and 1989!

Through the magic of website editing, Survivor Series 94 was always the PYBO winner and the correct show was uploaded to cable servers. This does not explain why there is a picture of Ricky Steamboat next to the "This month's winner - Survivor Series 1994" caption though, lol.

Guest heyguesswhatidid

I'm trying to tape SS 94 onto a DVD and I keep getting a copy right notice. Is anyone else having that problem?

I love the green suit Ted wears on SNME. I had a toy with that outfit but never really saw it. Is this how millionaires in the 80s dressed, in sparkled green pants and vests? I guess the same could be said about all of his outfits, though. Don't get me wrong, they are AWESOME wrestling outfits, but if you make the mistake of trying to rationalize the wrestling world with the real world, his outfits are terrible.

The toned down outfits he wore post-retirement were much more in line with how a rich man would realistically dress.

I love the green suit Ted wears on SNME. I had a toy with that outfit but never really saw it. Is this how millionaires in the 80s dressed, in sparkled green pants and vests? I guess the same could be said about all of his outfits, though. Don't get me wrong, they are AWESOME wrestling outfits, but if you make the mistake of trying to rationalize the wrestling world with the real world, his outfits are terrible.

The toned down outfits he wore post-retirement were much more in line with how a rich man would realistically dress.

It makes me wonder why DiBiase never wore green on a regular basis. I mean of all colors... green should have been his major one.

that Luger team vs. Tatanka team match was sorta weird. What was the purpose of Tatanka taking a 10 minute beating? also, weird seeing Luger do the job like that. ALSO weird seeing Mabel actually look very entertaining for a couple of sequences there.

I don't remember Bret/Backlund feeling so...odd...Backlund was way too old school for a 1994 match with Bret Hart.

His post match promo was great though...awesome title reign Bob!

I really like that Bret/Backlund match, it's a very different sort of match from that time period. Having seen that PPV recently I don't know what the deal was with Bigelow and Bundy surviving in the Luger match. Luger was just so buried by this point. I guess since Bigelow was moving into the LT feud and Bundy was going to feud with UT for WM in 1995 that they wanted to keep them strong?

Yeah, young Bundy didn't seem to have the defined chin and facial look as his older self, but they're the same guy.

111.jpg

200px-Kingkongbundy.jpg

Well I guess he had the same chin... but yes, there is a real different look as he got older.

Guest flairfan
I'm trying to tape SS 94 onto a DVD and I keep getting a copy right notice. Is anyone else having that problem?

NO Way man... how in the world are you getting a copyright message??

I record EVERY single thing on 24/7, every month onto dvd. I have never gotten a message of any sort.

Listening to Shamrock publicly call out Mike Tyson on RAW is pretty interesting.

Needless to say, the Austin/Hart angle was one of the best they ever did.