TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 11/19 Raw Thread

Jericho looks about the same size to me as before he left personally. He might be 10-15 pounds lighter, but nothing huge. The promo was good and it kind gave you that little bit of excitement to see him come back. Should be interesting to see how everything plays out from here.

Well I liked it. Do none of the people complaining about his hair and vest remember that he had a pigtail on the top of his head and wore a full sparkle jacket for his '99 debut?

All I hope is they push him well, and don't make him look like a jobber. He went to bat for the WWE during Benoitgate, so Jericho, I hope you get your EXTENDED title run. Also, PLEASE, do NOT give him another IC title run. 7 is enough.

Hey, Marvin! Compile all your idiotic complaints into one singular post, so we don't have to crawl past your inane bullshit. Heh, mmm lol.

Jericho has always worn that type of clothing and cut those promos. You get what you asked and pleaded for and then you don't like it anymore? Geez.

This was effective but not the greatest thing ever. Jericho's back and that was established and he has a directive here with Orton. That's something Jericho didn't have in 1999.

What makes you so sure its automatically Jericho/Orton right now?

True, he said he'll take the title from him "when I get the chance", which isn't really a challenge.

I was also quite disappointed with Jericho's return. I'm really not digging the short hair/super gay outfit and the whole thing just didn't feel special at all. After the countdown ended and he came out you could see most of the fans just standing there and watching. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this. I'll watch RAW next week, but not for any reason other than because I always do.

Well I liked it. Do none of the people complaining about his hair and vest remember that he had a pigtail on the top of his head and wore a full sparkle jacket for his '99 debut?

His character in WCW evolved into one that would do shit like that. He came back tonight suddenly looking like an exotic male dancer.

I thought Jericho's promo was really strong, but the crowd was flat, probably because the whole save_us campaign was obvious from the beginning and dragged on for too long, and they really overdid the entrance after giving him away. That was probably the best promo you're going to hear in 2007, I'm surprised the morons that drool over generic Edge & Orton promos didn't like it.

Good to see Jericho back. It was a different then his debut promo but in '99, but then again, it also served a far different purpose. In '99 Jericho was making his debut with the company. The average WWF fan at the time probably knew of him, but not a hell of a lot about him. He needed to establish himself as someone who could match up with the big boys in the WWF. Tonight this was about Jericho coming back. The fans already knew of him, so he just had to feed a few of his catch phrases to get the crowd going and excited to see him back again.

But it's not unprecedented and it's not exactly out of character for him do dress like that. I guess I can understand that it's been a while since anybody's seen him in a wrestling context and it could take getting used to again or some such jarble, but people are reacting like he turned into Adorable Adrian Adonnis.

Also, anyone else think Jericho looks really small now, ie, too small to look like a legit heavyweight champ?

Yes, he is smaller than he was before. Too small? Not at all. I think with everything that's going on right now, it's kind of stupid to say that b/c it's that way of thinking that is costing lives. For all of the anti-McMahon posts on this board, some people are apparently still brainwashed into thinking big = good.

On an actual RAW note, I thought the show was so-so. Jericho's return was pretty much as expected, nothing revolutionary or mindblowing but it served its purpose. Santino was good in his little Kaufmann-esque taunting of Lawler. I laughed at "gov't dog" and "knobberslocker" or whatever he said. Other than that, pretty basic show, nothing out of the ordinary.

The Crowd was Flat

:huh:

Were we watching the same show?

Most of the crowd looked to be just standing there and there weren't very strong Y2J chants like there were in the first few weeks of Save_Us_222.

Ya, the crowd heat for Jericho pretty much died at No Mercy.

If the WWE is smart, they should RIP OFF Nitro, 1998, and Ric Flair's return next week. Have Arn, JJ, Mongo, Malkeno in the ring, and they recreate the whole return. We have Flair cussing off McMahon calling him a SON OF A BITCH!

Bring it on, WWE!

I actually tuned in for the very end to see if anything happened with Jericho and caught his return. I actually thought the little bit with him and the runner worked really well there; I could see why people would dislike the early reveal, but considering it wasn't really a mystery and I think everybody was expecting him anyway, it came off as much more of a surprise than if they would've just gone into the whole light show/countdown thing which people probably would've expected anyway. I can't say I was blown away by the promo (but I've never liked Chris as a face) but it was really good to see him back...one of the few feel-good moments I can remember them having in a while. I actually marked for the the "NEVER EEEEEEEEEVER" thing too.

Should've been done in Philly, back when everyone still cared.

Also, whoever called Edge's promos "generic" is silly. Edge is the new Y2J, while Y2J is the new-age metro Bon Jovi.

Edge isn't witty at all, he just exaggerates simple dialogue and actually looks silly himself, except to those who have no sense of taste and continue watching WWE on a regular basis after all the talented and interesting people left. Now one of those people has come back and you don't know how to process a promo that is actually good.

Y = 2nd to last letter

J = 9th letter

clever

Jericho took a trip to the 80's in his delorean..

Count again...

J = 10.

And the Y had nothing to do with it being 2nd to last in the alphabet. I thought we figured this all out last week...

The video said X + 1 = Y. The X in X29 changed to a Y. Then it said J = 9 + 1, since J is the 10th letter in the alphabet. So the 9 changed to a J.

Jericho, at the very least, very energetic, and I look forward to seeing his ring work again.

Good response from the crowd, and his promo, familar or no, got the people going.

The "kinda gay" comment was partly in jest, and partly due to the fact I'm not used to seeing Jericho's unique fashion choices like I was two years ago.

Overall i'm let down. The promo itself was fucking awesome and it proves that Jericho still has it but WHY did they have Jericho show up and clothesline the runner. I know it seems like i'm a "complainer" but the hair and outfit were just......ga.......not hetero. I understand the guy has worn flamboyant outfits before but that made him look like he was going on a date with Lance Bass. If he loses the tightness of the outfit, he won't look like such a joke.

Jericho looked like an aging rock star that cut his hair as he got to be middle aged. Someone already mentioned Bon Jovi, that's kind of the vibe I got.

If the crowd died a bit it's because this thing was way too played out. I can accept building something up, but even tonight they basically did a blatant lie about the time "SaveUs222" would be revealed. Once 9:45 came and went I started losing my interest as well. And truth be told, Jericho at times went into Cena territory with the over the top listing of things and delivery.

However, if this leads to Jericho beating Orton for the belt then I'm all for it. They can't be retarded enough to bring back Jericho and then simply job him to fucking ORTON in his first feud back. In the end in terms of entertainment value this wasn't as good as his 1999 debut, but in terms of actual storyline direction and meaning it was easily better.

Guest cheetoe

The worst thing about Jerichos return was that it shows how bland this generation of wrestlers is compares to the past generation. Other than Kennedy, Edge, MVP, and as crazy as it might sound, Santino, and to a lesser extent, C.M. Punk and Matt Striker... most, if not all of the current guys are average to really awful on the mic. As much as I love Jeff Hardy, his promos sound like a sped ed. student reading from a 3rd grade text book. The past generations have always produced guys who were able to go in the ring and could promote themselves on the mic, this generation just really seems to be lacking. It's still the older guys who they depend on to sell a match outside the ring. :(

Jerichos return was great, I'm a 38 year old man and I was screaming EEEEVVVVEERRRR!!! at the TV along with the crowd lol, :lol: :headbang: the only negative was he kind of dwarfed Orton when they were put on the same stage together. Hopefully that will change some as their fued progresses. ( assuming there is a fued :ph34r: )

"that segment was dumb, Jericho should have attacked Orton!"

Uh, well since this isn't TNA, they do this nice thing called "building". You don't need to rush through a debut, promo, and attack all in one segment.

Also he looks more like Neil Patrick Harris. But that's irrelevant and he always wears outfits like that (in fact we already knew that was his debut vest thanks to WWE magazine). Let's just enjoy him being back, ok kids?