TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Smackdown Spoilers for Nov 23rd...

I love how some of the outrage isn't for the booking itself (which isn't all that horrible) but because Vicki isn't good looking enough to see in a sexual light. The forced outcry of the supposed exploitation of Eddie Guerrero in this instance which doesn't exist is irrational. It's the heel dick Edge doing what he does, manipulated Vicki and gets what he wants. Shouldn't the outrage be that Undertaker beat up a girl who was so incredibly defenseless? Edge making out with Vicki is offensive but Vicki getting injured and carried out on a stretcher is perfectly okay.

I know Vicki doesn't favorably compare to the injected models she is placed with every week but to treat her like she is some monstrously deformed freak is quite absurd.

Guest christophemagnifique
I love how some of the outrage isn't for the booking itself (which isn't all that horrible) but because Vicki isn't good looking enough to see in a sexual light. The forced outcry of the supposed exploitation of Eddie Guerrero in this instance which doesn't exist is irrational. It's the heel dick Edge doing what he does, manipulated Vicki and gets what he wants. Shouldn't the outrage be that Undertaker beat up a girl who was so incredibly defenseless? Edge making out with Vicki is offensive but Vicki getting injured and carried out on a stretcher is perfectly okay.

I know Vicki doesn't favorably compare to the injected models she is placed with every week but to treat her like she is some monstrously deformed freak is quite absurd.

Firstly, barely believable though it was the fan reaction (if it was real) showed it's a storyline that could draw big time.

Secondly, it was a disgrace, an atrocity and it shouldn't have been allowed to air. Vince has come up with some shi!t in the past but at least it wasn't real. Edge is an on-screen character but I still can't diassociate Vicki from Eddie, from her family, from tragedy.

I don't see Vicki's sexiness or otherwise to be part of it. What I see is the wife of a late world champion being booked like a trollope. It could harm her in her personal life and harm the lives of her family - in short, it's appalling.

It doesn't even make sense in the story - they clearly had something planned with Vicki and Krystal but Krystal got fired and screwed that up. Why would Vicki end up with edge?

Plus it made The Undertaker a heel. I mean - who tombstone's a woman? It's obvious she wasn't hurt (while the tombstone is a massively over move, I'd much rather see her take that than the chokeslam - no chance the undertaker will botch a tombstone, and vicki has no real control to mess up herself), but it was in appalling taste. Could not believe the crowd were cheering for it - I was praying he'd let her down and call out edge. it was just dreadful,

POORLY EXECUTED.

I mean it was fine, I just don't get the deception for half the promo and THEN the big reveal. Survivor Series is over; either you're hiding your motives or you aren't. I think Vickie's heel turn would also have been better served as a part of the Cutting Edge, or at least done in front of the live audience. Plus, Vickie's still not a very good actress, even by WWE standards, although your mileage may very.

Anyway, Vickie being not such a looker is not the problem here. As for the angle itself, I don't think it's great or terrible. It's something relatively fresh, so whatever, I'll roll with it.

Vicki/Edge was considered long before Kristal was released. It's going to affect her personal life? Her family? Her family had their father do some really ridiculous things during his career. Vicki making out isn't going to damage them.

Is being a widow supposed to keep Vicki from having any relationship with another person? Real life or kayfabe?

POORLY EXECUTED.

I mean it was fine, I just don't get the deception for half the promo and THEN the big reveal. Survivor Series is over; either you're hiding your motives or you aren't. I think Vickie's heel turn would also have been better served as a part of the Cutting Edge, or at least done in front of the live audience. Plus, Vickie's still not a very good actress, even by WWE standards, although your mileage may very.

Anyway, Vickie being not such a looker is not the problem here. As for the angle itself, I don't think it's great or terrible. It's something relatively fresh, so whatever, I'll roll with it.

Who did it benefit though? Not Vicki - it's morally reprehensible. It makes Edge even more heelish but, to be blunt, the guy's miles ahead of any heel on WWE programming anyway. They had him screw the undertaker to bring him back. This stuff was overkill.

When he got in the ring at the end and did his spiel, he got massive reaction - I think he'd ahve got that without swapping spit with Vicki.

I was just disappointed - Edge is fu**ing brilliant. He doesn't need this sh!t.

What is morally reprehensible about this? Vicki hooked up with a guy and got used by him? That's what happens in life. Edge screwed with her feelings just to get what he wanted.

Exploiting Eddie's death was reprehensible. Vicki having a on-screen relationship with Edge isn't.

New guy, why did you quote my post?

Hoff: "This might be all right, or it might not."

New Guy: "NO IT WAS BULLSHIT!"

I'm not saying you're wrong, it just seemed an odd choice as I'm not really defending the angle.

Eddie was no storyline saint either. They had him carussing with Chyna and Godfather's hos. And remember, one of his three daughters was from an affair he was having outside of Vickie.

Eddie was no storyline saint either. They had him carussing with Chyna and Godfather's hos. And remember, one of his three daughters was from an affair he was having outside of Vickie.

And that whole Dominic storyline too.

Honestly, I'd think he'd approve of Edge getting ridiculous heel heat.

I think his third daughter came out of a relationship he had when he was seperated from Vickie.

What is morally reprehensible about this? Vicki hooked up with a guy and got used by him? That's what happens in life. Edge screwed with her feelings just to get what he wanted.

Exploiting Eddie's death was reprehensible. Vicki having a on-screen relationship with Edge isn't.

Maybe I was too storng.

But it's still an exploitation of Eddie. Why is him kissing her such a big deal? Because she's Eddie's widow - that's all she is to the TV audience.

I see your point to a degree - if she was a proper actress and kissing a dude in a film, that would be different. I don't know why - maybe wrestling storylines are just in bad taste.

Regarding it affecting his family, I just remember reading in Eddie's book that Vicki was sad because he was pretending to be with Chyna.

Bottom line - I thought it was exploitative and a bit sad, really. And I think cheering the Undertaker to tombstone a woman is wrong.

The only way the Edge/Vickie angle will ever be morally reprehensible will be if Edge ever says he can sex Vickie up like Eddie never could. Or be the father figure Eddie never was.

Get the picture? If they don't mention Eddie, how is it in poor taste?

The only way the Edge/Vickie angle will ever be morally reprehensible will be if Edge ever says he can sex Vickie up like Eddie never could. Or be the father figure Eddie never was.

People need something to bitch about?

Like I pointed out in my other post......the only part of this that bothers me is they just booked their faces as heels and they got cheered. Dropping tombstones on women and refusing title shots are heel actions.

Her kids could walk in..

"are you going to be our new daddy?"

I mean, I think it's obvious why people cheered. Whenever any heel woman gets beat up by a guy (not total beatdown, I mean just one move or something like that), the fans cheer. It's been that way for years. Undertaker isn't supposed to be a babyface like John Cena who wouldn't do something like that. He's more of a dark face who will destroy everything in his path. I'd think he would do the same thing to Teddy Long if Long was trying to stop him from going after Edge or something like that.

I really couldn't believe someone here earlier thought it would have been safer for Vicki to take a choke slam instead of a tombstone. Vicki isn't trained to take bumps. The tombstone can be protected not to have any impact at all especially with someone like UT.

I really couldn't believe someone here earlier thought it would have been safer for Vicki to take a choke slam instead of a tombstone. Vicki isn't trained to take bumps. The tombstone can be protected not to have any impact at all especially with someone like UT.

Go back and take a look at when undertaker first came into the wwf and see how awful his tombstones looked then. they were as bad as Kane's, if not worse. In some cases the head would be a foot from the canvas and other times he really screwed up and dropped them.. It's a miracle he didn't kill someone

There's a significant difference in Undertaker doing the move in 1990 and doing the move in 2007. It also holds zero relevance to this circumstance, so bringing it up was rather pointless.

There's a significant difference in Undertaker doing the move in 1990 and doing the move in 2007. It also holds zero relevance to this circumstance, so bringing it up was rather pointless.

:bonk: No fucking shit dude, that's my point.

He does the move about a million times better and safer compared to when he first started using it.

People were questioning the usage of the tombstone instead of more risky move (choke slam) for a untrained person like Vicki. The point you tried to make held no grounds to anything that I said in regards to the tombstone being safer for Undertaker to execute today. You tried to make a comparison that wasn't needed as it doesn't apply. I said it right in the first post that the tombstone would be better for Vicki not to take any impact because it was coming from a guy like the UT. Meaning 20+ year veteran whom has done the move over a million times. UT's erratic attempts in his early career holds no relevance.

There's just something about this Edge/Vicki stuff that is creepy. I noted earlier that there's a difference between good sleaze (Edge/Lita) and bad sleaze (tonight). I don't think anyone would care if Vicki found a new man in real life, but I can't say I particularly want to see her with Edge on TV.

Sure, I was weirded out more by them kissing and all that than I was UT hitting her with the tombstone. But I've seen so much of that type of violence in ECW storylines from the past that it goes in one ear and out the other.