TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Smackdown Spoilers for Nov 23rd...

Vickie Guerrero was behind Edge's actions at the PPV. Edge and Vickie are hooking up - like the rumored and supposedly discarded stroyline - and at one point Edge and Vickie start swapping spit during the segment. Edge vs Batista booked for next week. Taker gets involved and ends up Tombstoning Vickie, who does a stretcher job.

In other news MVP beat Mysterio

Morrison and Miz beat the Major Bros.

Jamie Noble beat Palumbo ?!?

Finlay and Hornswoggle beat Mark Henry. Khali makes an appearance.

Torrie beat Victoria

I'm sure somebody has better spoilers, these are just the ones floating around right now.

Vickie Guerrero was behind Edge's actions at the PPV. Edge and Vickie are hooking up - like the rumored and supposedly discarded stroyline - and at one point Edge and Vickie start swapping spit during the segment.

Umm... eww?

Nasty Boys? WTF??????????

What's next, there gonna re-package Edge as Edgie Gurrerro. I guess that's the closest they can get to EDDIE Gurrerro.

That Nasty Boys thing was a dark match and I did read that they were going to do that a week or so ago.

I really hope the rest is phony though. There's such a thing as good sleaze angles (Edge/Lita) and really bad, borderline disturbing sleaze angles (Edge/Vicki).

That Nasty Boys thing was a dark match and I did read that they were going to do that a week or so ago.

I really hope the rest is phony though. There's such a thing as good sleaze angles (Edge/Lita) and really bad, borderline disturbing sleaze angles (Edge/Vicki).

If this whole thing is true, I'm wondering when Edge will start using the three amigos and the frog splash (which would at least allow him and Christian to have something in common again).

The last couple times I saw Brian Knobbs on Hogan Knows Best, it looked like he could barely get around without a cane. I guess his health has improved since then.

Anyone know the story behind this clip floating around that appears to be from Thunder, involving Knobbs being overhead belly-to-belly suplexed on his face? Looks like its La Parka doing the suplex.

The last couple times I saw Brian Knobbs on Hogan Knows Best, it looked like he could barely get around without a cane. I guess his health has improved since then.

Anyone know the story behind this clip floating around that appears to be from Thunder, involving Knobbs being overhead belly-to-belly suplexed on his face? Looks like its La Parka doing the suplex.

I need to see that, he probably deserved it.

I met Knobbs at the WrestleFanFest weekend at the Cow Palace, the weekend of Oct. 20th. Knobbs was full of energy and walking around all over the cow palace. He was walking around due to having surgery on his hip and knee or something. I had overheard that weekend Knobbs talking about coming back around this time frame. I honestly hope it works out for the Nasty Boys. Knobbs was a very nice guy to be around all weekend.

Some more detailed spoilers from pw(insert joke name about pop ups here)insider

In A Dark Match, The Nasty Boys beat Dave Taylor & Drew McIntye.

Smackdown opened with Edge and Vickie Guerrero backstage. Vickie starts to yell at him, then smiles, and they hug. Edge reveals it was a plan all along. Vickie puts over what Edge did at the PPV and announces Batista vs. Edge next week for the WWE title. They kiss, which was... very odd... a little bit repulsive.

JBL is in the ring. JBL introduces MVP and puts him over as the greatest US champion ever. MVP comes out dressed with a very nice suit. JBL spends more time putting him over and showcasing what he did last week to Matt Hardy. MVP says Matt Hardy should be putting up the ring rather than working in it. JBL gives MVP the great "United Nations" Ring, which is a ring (like for a finger) that resembles the U.S. Title. MVP puts JBL over as a great champion. JBL leaves and MVP continues to talk down about Matt Hardy who isn't here until Rey Mysterio comes out. Basically, Rey tells him what he did was wrong and calls MVP a "punk" about 30 times. Rey vs. MVP tonight. This segment was very drawn out. It took about 25 minutes live.

Backstage promo by the Major Brothers talking about their upcoming match. Not sure if this will even make air.

WWE Tag Team Champions John Morrison and The Miz defeated The Major Brothers. Predictable and not really that entertaining.

Vince is backstage with Finlay. They both talk about how irish they are and how Finlay loves to fight. Originally booked for later was Mark Henry vs. Hornswoggle but Vince added Finlay to the match to make it a handicap match. Nobody really cared. They announce the Cutting Edge tonight with Edge interviewing Dave Batista.

Batista asks Vickie why she did why she did and she says she did because she "loves" Edge. Oh brother.

Kane defeated Big Daddy V via disqualification. Okay, this was utterly stupid and TNA-level booking, and yeah the match sucked. Matt Striker comes into the match with a chair and doesn't even TOUCH Kane. Kane grabs him by the throat, and the ref calls for a DQ. So now, IMPLIED counts as a DQ also? Kane attacked HIM first. Stupid.

They did a promo with Jesse and Festus putting over the John Cena DVD. Also Not sure if this will make air.

WWE United States champion MVP pinned Rey Mysterio after he reversed a rana into a powerbomb and held onto the ropes. Best match of the night on the Smackdown side, but I know with more time they can do better.

Finlay & Hornswoggle defeated Mark Henry in a handicap match. Lots of fun spots with Finlay and Henry. Great Khali came out to fight Finlay. Mark Henry and Khali beat down Finlay and left him laying with Horny checking on him.

Jamie Noble defeated Palumbo. Shocking win, but the match had no heat. Couldn't quite see the finish, sorry. Filler.

Torrie Wilson defeated Victoria. More Filler.

The Cutting Edge with Batista closes the show in quick fashion. Edge is in the ring with Vickie and says that he had planned this for four months. I suppose with Krystal gone, she is the replacement. Edge introduces his guest, the "soon to be former World Heavyweight Champion" Batista. Batista says that Edge doesn't deserve the title, but he does deserve the "ass-kicking" Batista will give him next week. He shoves Edge and leaves. Edge thinks he's out of the water, but the lights come off and you hear a gong. The Undertaker comes up out of nowhere and Edge runs off. Taker grabs Vickie Guerrero by the throat, signaling for a chokeslam, but then tombstones her and stares Edge down to end the show.

Vickie was stretchered out. I am not sure if was taped for Friday or as a WWE.com exclusive.

After ECW, In a Dark Match MAIN EVENT, World Champion Batista & Rey Mysterio defeated US Champion MVP & Edge with a double 619, into a spinebuster, into a springboard splash.

Curious to see if anyone on WWE TV or the website will have the balls to say Taker made Vickie Rest is Peace.

Let me see if I have this right.

Eddy Guerrero's widow, a middle-aged woman who is not very attractive and was in real life very devoted to her husband, has a kayfabe romantic angle with the evil heel Edge.

To punish the evil widow for her sins, the babyface Undertaker (who the crowds still pop for) takes the helpless woman and, in kayfabe, delivers one of his most devastating finishing maneuvers to her. She is carried out, in kayfabe, on a stretcher.

What happens next week? The evil heel Edge rescues a bunch of evil kittens from an animal shelter, but the noble babyface Undertaker kicks them out into the audience while the noble babyface "Big" Dave Batista goes around denying everyone else title shots?

Eddy Guerrero's widow, a middle-aged woman who is not very attractive and was in real life very devoted to her husband, has a kayfabe romantic angle with the evil heel Edge.

To punish the evil widow for her sins, the babyface Undertaker (who the crowds still pop for) takes the helpless woman and, in kayfabe, delivers one of his most devastating finishing maneuvers to her. She is carried out, in kayfabe, on a stretcher.

Why bring up the real life versus kayfabe shit to mock a storyline? Vickie fucked over Taker by making sure he didn't win his match against Batista Sunday night, and he beat her up for it. How does this not make perfectly logical sense within the confines of a pro wrestling storyline?

The Eddie Guerrero shit has been part of the storylines on Smackdown.......

It was just a point to show how Taker and Batista while being faces both didn't exactly do face things there..notice the last paragraph. It's a nice way of saying the booking of this storyline makes no sense based on who's heel and who's face.

I'm fine with Vickie playing heel, but the Tombstone spot has me scratching my head. I know the poor woman is just trying to support her family, but I feel she needs to stay out of the ring. If Vickie is back on TV next week though, it will kind of downplay the Tombstone a bit. It would almost be as bad as the Coach getting up and running away after taking Khali's karate chop of doom a couple weeks ago.

Yeah! Taker sure showed Vickie! Bitch had it coming.

I'm beyond tired of babyfaces beating up women. You'd think the company would've developed some kind of sensitivity to it, too, considering the whole Benoit situation earlier this year (not to mention 1 of their top draws ever [Austin] being accused of spousal abuse), as well as Vince's rumored recent decree to be more family-friendly.

Here's another one. Anyone remember in early 2003, when there was a short feudc between Chris Jericho and Test? Jericho did a dick-heel move on RAW one week where he handcuffed Test to the ring, forcing him to watch which he put Stacy in the Walls of Jericho. Stacy sold this by crying, screaming, and begging Jericho to let her go, while Test struggled to get free of the cuffs to help her. Anyways, the whole time JR and The King were condemning (no pun intended) Jericho for putting his hands on a woman. Not 6 months later, Stacy didn't like the taste of a beer that Stone Cold Steve Austin offered her, so he took offense and gave her a Stunner. JR proceeded to scream out "I GUESS SHE SHOULD'VE DRANK THE BEER! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!" Sometimes it's best to not try to understand WWE when it comes to violence on women.

Maybe I've been calloused by the wwe's storyline profiteering of Eddie Guerrero's death, but I really don't have issue with the Edge/Vickie romantic storyline. I believe it's going to turn out that Edge has played her in order to advance his agenda and Vickie will be babyfaced at the end of the angle. Anything is better than the bland face character who got smypathy cheers(if any at all). The only problem I do have is that heeling Vickie will open her up to rude as hell chants and comments from the live audience.

Would I much rather have seen the wwe give Vickie an off-camera office-type job if they wanted to help the family out - that's for damn sure. However Wwe can probably pay on-camera talent more money and life goes on.

Vickie added nothing, literally, to the Chavo and Mysterio feud. I don't recall her getting this massive heat or anything that necessitated keeping her around for as long as they did, no one in their right minds bought it. Who can honestly boo the widow of Eddie Guerrero, anyway? I don't see anyone buying it this time, either, especially since Edge doesn't even need her presence. It would be a godsend if the Tombstone was all they had planned for her and they just write her out with it. The whole storyline was over once Krystal got out. Just bring Teddy back, find someone else, whatever, and be done with it. It would have at least been better and more believable if Vickie played a sympathetic, lonely woman to a sleazy, manipulative and opportunistic Edge who takes advantage of her emotions, than suddenly turning into a megabitch and outright heeling it up again.

Vickie added nothing, literally, to the Chavo and Mysterio feud. I don't recall her getting this massive heat or anything that necessitated keeping her around for as long as they did, no one in their right minds bought it. Who can honestly boo the widow of Eddie Guerrero, anyway? I don't see anyone buying it this time, either, especially since Edge doesn't even need her presence. It would be a godsend if the Tombstone was all they had planned for her and they just write her out with it. The whole storyline was over once Krystal got out. Just bring Teddy back, find someone else, whatever, and be done with it. It would have at least been better and more believable if Vickie played a sympathetic, lonely woman to a sleazy, manipulative and opportunistic Edge who takes advantage of her emotions, than suddenly turning into a megabitch and outright heeling it up again.

Thing is, I don't think most live fans would have a problem booing the widow of a WWE star if it's been some time since the passing. The reason she had no heat was because that storyline was just stupid to begin with..and probably this one will be too. The last part that i italicized in your paragraph makes much more sense and would actually be a fine storyline, even with Vicki's poor acting skills/on screen presence. However, the WWE writers are just lazy (just as they were in the Rey-Chavo storyline).

WWE should just go all the way with this angle and have Edge say that he got Eddie re-addicted to steroids or something. QUIT BEING A PUSSY VINCE.

Who can honestly boo the widow of Eddie Guerrero, anyway?

I certain can. She's disgusting looking and disgusting for letting the WWE do what they've done regarding Eddie after his death, especially the stuff with Orton and Rey. There isn't one thing about Vickie that would make me ever cheer for her.

LOTS OF HEAT ON FORMER WWF TAG CHAMPS FOR CONDUCT AT LAST NIGHT'S TV TAPING

by Mike Johnson

Former WWF and WCW World Tag Team champions The Nasty Boys, Jerry Saggs and Brian Knobbs worked their first WWE match in many years in a dark match at last night's Smackdown taping in Tampa, Florida that was said to have been an absolute disaster, leaving a ton of heat on the Nastys and possibly causing a ripple effect that nearly screwed up the live broadcast of ECW on the same taping.

From what I was told by several backstage, The Nastys treated the dark match like they were huge stars coming back. They took forever to even get in the ring because they spent so much time interacting with friends and family members sitting ringside. Brian Knobbs entered the ring with his back to the hard camera. Jerry Saggs then got in the ring "literally right next" to opponents Drew McIntye and Dave Taylor, "leaving them looking like idiots" according to one source.

Once the match started, The Nastys were said to have taken liberties in the ring with McIntyre. McIntyre, who is 21 and just started on the main roster a few weeks ago, tried to be respectful and take the abuse but finally starting dishing it back out by returning with stiff shots of his own. Even worse, Dave Taylor, a respected veteran, was treated in similar fashion by the Nastys.

One WWE performer called the dark match, "one of the all time worst things you could ever hope to see. It was abysmal."

Another source believed that the Nastys taking so long actually screwed up the flow of the taping. The Smackdown taping didn't end up until 9:54 PM, leaving the WWE crew only six minutes to rush and change over the set and ring for the live ECW on Sci Fi broadcast. I have not confirmed that with additional sources, but one person who was live in the building described the ring crew as being "frenzied to finish" after the end of the Smackdown aspect of the show.

Someone should have reminded the Nasty Boys that they're not stars anymore.