TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Merry Xmas!

Just would like to wish all of my fellow TSM'rs a great christmas, what are you doing this year?

Hopefully, lest me girlfriend be adamant about having it her way (like she was with Thanksgiving), my schedule will go like this:

Breakfast at mother's/sister's (depends, each year it's different)

Lunch at her mother's

Dinner...probably her dad's. I don't like him, and he doesn't like me, but I don't see why we wouldn't see him on the most important of holidays.

Yeah, it's not even fucking Thanksgiving yet. Now there's no point in a Thanksgiving thread! Harumph!

Why would Vanhalen care about Thanksgiving?

Why does anyone do anything?

Xmas is in full swing. I saw some window displays the other day using live puppies and kittens. Seems to me they'd shit everywhere, but there was none, so the store must have been well on top of it.

Why does anyone do anything?

Xmas is in full swing. I saw some window displays the other day using live puppies and kittens. Seems to me they'd shit everywhere, but there was none, so the store must have been well on top of it.

Wow, I'm surprised the animal activists haven't cracked down on that. It seems like fodder for them.

So, how far have you guys got with your XMAS shopping yet? I keep on seeing the shops packed full of people and just backing out, dunno what its like in the States, but fuck me its crazy here in every shop you go to!

So, how far have you guys got with your XMAS shopping yet? I keep on seeing the shops packed full of people and just backing out, dunno what its like in the States, but fuck me its crazy here in every shop you go to!

I theorized about three years ago, that people finally realised the folly of shopping on the 23 or 24 of December, and kind of all went two or three weeks beforehand, and it backfired.

It's probably not all true, but we've definitely been busier in this four-six week span the last two years than we were the first three.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, I kinda just prefer to do my shopping online for this reason. I like browsing the malls and stores in the are, but I don't like dealing with packed places.

Only thing I've bought is some DVDs for myself......

I'll probably do all of my shopping when I come home from college on the 21st.

I've sort of got some of my stuff in line, I still need to find something for my ex (we have a child together and we are on civil terms with one another don't jump my shit) and my grandpa. This time of year always means one thing, the further proof that my family has no freakin' clue what I like. I love my grandma to death, but she always gets me something... odd... thinking that I'd enjoy it (i.e. sweater vest, fuzzy ear muffs).

This time of year is an interesting contradiction as people get cranky or uptight worrying about gifts and fighting through the crowds, but conversely you'll see more out going of kindness and a general comraderie (botched spelling I know) in those around you. Pretty neat.

Fun side note, my first ever job was working in a food court in a mall starting on December 5th. People really are understanding of the idiot behind the counter who is trying to figure out the cash register as long as they know you are new.

With it being the holiday season and all, I wonder if anyone here feels like buying ol' Kinetic a car. I need me some wheels, bro.

You can have mine for free if you come out here and get it. What with the DUI and all, I won't be needing it for a few months.

Guest Vitamin X

I'll buy Kinetic a sweet bike if he needs some new wheels.

With a Bucs logo on the front in platinum if he likes.

We got a wii as a family present but we still need to buy an extra controller for it and possibly another game.

My sister wants a book, so I will have to find something for her.

My Wife, well I dunno, there is a ton of possibilities she likes candle sets, bath/body works gift packs...all that girly stuff. However I told her to make me a list, not to strictly follow, but I really want to start buying her different things and I figure if she gives me a list I can use it as a rough guideline.

She will probably get me a video game, some movies, new bag of socks, other clothes, maybe some redskins/a's/kings apparel....I am rather easy to shop for. Most guys are.

We will be going to her parent's house. Her mom is a baking machine during the holidays and bakes more cookies/fudge/peanut brittle/pumpkin pie etc etc then you could imagine.