TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

The Wire: Final Season

I think Chris is going to go to jail and that will leave a door open for Michael to take out Marlo. Then the series ends with Michael taking over. He's definitely got the mind for it and he isn't afraid to speak his opinion on what he thinks Marlo is doing wrong.

Before last night I would'v called bullshit on that but Michael dropping the "If I were Marlo..." line and Snoop's subsequent reaction to it made me think it's quite possible for Mike to either take our Marlo himself or snitch on him and snag the top spot. I remember in previews for this season there's a shot of Marlo in what looks like a jail cell so I imagine that Sydnor and Co. will spring their trap pretty soon.

And I didn't cry or anything when Omar got popped but the mood in my apartment was really, really fucking sombre for the rest of the episode. At first I didn't like that it was Kenard but the more I think about it and read opinions like the ones Mik posted it makes sense. In 2 minutes we saw how truly fucked-up Kenard is going to be when he grows up, he's been in the game for a while now, tortures animals (we all know where that leads) and has no qualms about popping the most feared stick-up guy in B-More.

Fans listen, I just had an idea. You know those boards for prank calls where they do things you press the button and it says something from a celebrity like The Terminator or Samuel L Jackson? Well I think somebody should make one of these for the character Snoop.

Episode 8 was, beginning to end, one of the greatest episodes of The Wire ever. It was just as perfect as can be.

The last two episodes can go in so many possible directions and I'd buy them all. Can't wait.

EDIT: The post below this appears to be all episode 9 spoilers.

Episode 9 Spoilers

"Deserve ain't got nothin' to do with it." Snoop

1) Snoop takes O-Dog to Levy's office to take the gun charge from last year. He doesn't want to take the charge but does at the behest of Snoop,

2) Chris checks the re-supply, not just a re-up, and it is 120 kilos of heroin. The police follow him to the spot based on pictures from Marlo to Chris and the rest of the crew,

3) Steintorf tells Rawls and Daniels that the Mayor needs a 10% decrease in crime stats - basically telling them they need to go back to the old days of juking stats,

4) Lester tells Daniels that they are ready to arrest Marlo and his crew - this is music to Daniel's ears because they need a big arrest to make Carcetti and the department look good,

5) The re-supply is busted and Monk is caught with 8 kilos and Cheese is busted with some heroin also and Chris is arrested by Bunk on the murder warrant. Marlo is arrested by Lester,

6) Snoop and O-Dog go to Michael's house to watch the Mayor's announcement of the drug bust,

7) Alma asks Daniels for a quote and he refuses to give a detailed quote because Templeton mis-quoted him last year - this will come back later to haunt Templeton,

8) Monk, Cheese, Chris and Marlo are all in jail talking about their cases. During this talk Monk mentions that Omar was calling out Marlo's name and Marlo gets mad that his name was out in the streets. He is mad at Chris for not telling him that Omar was calling him out. Chris thought Marlo didn't need to know about Omar calling him out,

9) During these talks they notice that Snoop and Michael are not arrested. Marlo asks Chris if he thinks Michael is a snith and they both don't think he is - but they won't bet their future on it so they get Snoop to kill Michael, (more on this later)

10) Jay gets mad at McNulty because the serial killer is still not solved with all the man power given to the case,

11) Michael tells someone that the police are looking for Kenard and that person says some Pemlaco (sp?) boys ran up on Omar with 3 AKs (obviously this is a rumor),

12) Namond is participating in a debate for the Urban Debate League and looks to be doing well - although he has gained a lot of weight since last season LOL,

13) Gus has a meal with Narece and is told that Daniels didn't stab Burrell in the back like Templeton's quote said so last year,

14) Herc is partying with the police and shares insider information with Levy about the police department (no money, a lot of overtime on the serial killer case, a possible wire tap from Lester),

15) Bubs is still doing well. He has his one year sober anniversary. He finally talked about grieving for Sherrod,

16) Davis meets Lester in a bar and tells him that the attorneys are very dirty - in fact Levy is one of the worst and that Levy has a leak in the courthouse,

17) Gus went to a rehab center to verify the war veteran's story from Templeton -- it turns out the rehabbing vet also confirms the other vet is not a liar and that Templeton probably lied,

18) Kima asked Carver how he felt about reporting Callicio because she is going to tell Daniels about McNulty's illegal wiretap. Later in the episode she did tell Daniels,

19) Bubs real name is Reginald,

20) Snoop picked up Michael to go kill someone else but Michael killed Snoop instead because he knew she was there to kill him. He asked her why and she told him that he was always asking questions and that he was never part of their crew and that Marlo thought he may be the snitch. Afterward Michael shot her in the head and walked off,

21) Michael went home and picked up Bug and Dookie. He dropped Bug off at his aunt's house in the suburbs and dropped off Dookie in the junk yard. He has to distance himself from them since he killed Snoop. This was so sad,

22) Lastly, Omar was not even mentioned in this episode. He is dead and gone so please people, let him go.

Finale Notes:

1) Rawls knows the story and gets mad at McNulty,

2) Dookie looks like he is on drugs,

3) Templeton looks like he got caught in his lies,

4) Marlo is out on the street and swings on someone on the corner,

5) Cheese kills Rick.

OK I'm not gonna say a word yet about episode 9. But what I will talk about is the preview without any spoilers. Now like someone else I was gonna go dark on it but I couldn't resist and decided to watch it figuring they're not gonna do that again just like they did last episode.

WELL THEY DID IT AGAIN. THEY SPOILED THE ENTIRE GODDAMN END THE SERIES!!!!

This pisses me off so much. I am gonna call up HBO sometime these next two weeks and give them a fucking piece of MY MIND!!! WHEN YOU DO A PREVIEW, you don't fucking give away SPOILERS. Do not watch these previews if you don't want to see the end of the series, period!!!

I am so angry about this right now you wouldn't believe it.

All that above in MikeJordan23's post appears to be stuff for Episode 9. Make that clear next time. I just read the first line, but it's a quote for a new episode.

I'm sorry about that. I meant to put Episode 9 spoilers at the top.

That's where the junkman he was working for was at, I think. That part was one of the saddest in the entire run of the show.

Yeah, that's the junkman. That scene was powerful... as was the one with Snoop. Just killer stuff. Michael was the motherfucking man in episode 9.

I could have lived without seeing Namond again but that was a pretty inoffensive way to bring him back.

Kima... noooooo. I wonder what Daniels is going to do about it?

Lester was the MAN at the drug bust. Going everywhere... getting shit figured out.

What I want to see in the last episode: Jimmy somehow getting away with it... Scott Templeton getting destroyed in some way, and Avon shanking the shit out of Marlo in prison.

Guest Warriorfan

Episode 9 SPOILERS

Keema is complete and utter scum! I have never wished death on a character in The Wire besides Snoop for desecrating Stringer's name with her version of his death. With that said, if Keema gets a bullet in the last episode she damn well deserves it.

To the episode, I think Simon has never been better. With the events of 58 we were all on edge and Simon managed to keep us there for the entireity of o 59. I mentioned Keema and I believe her snitching will ultimately be the saving grace of Mcnulty and Freamon. Daniels will play the game and Freamon has enough information to ensure that both he and McNulty land safely.

I think the greater message of the last episode will be that Bureacracies always protect themselves. The Paper will find a way to protect themselves from whatever Gus does. Carchetti will allow Daniels to clean up the mess before it breaks using any means necessary.

P.S. Keema needs to be exposed.

Episode 9 SPOILERS

Keema is complete and utter scum! I have never wished death on a character in The Wire besides Snoop for desecrating Stringer's name with her version of his death. With that said, if Keema gets a bullet in the last episode she damn well deserves it.

To the episode, I think Simon has never been better. With the events of 58 we were all on edge and Simon managed to keep us there for the entireity of o 59. I mentioned Keema and I believe her snitching will ultimately be the saving grace of Mcnulty and Freamon. Daniels will play the game and Freamon has enough information to ensure that both he and McNulty land safely.

I think the greater message of the last episode will be that Bureacracies always protect themselves. The Paper will find a way to protect themselves from whatever Gus does. Carchetti will allow Daniels to clean up the mess before it breaks using any means necessary.

P.S. Keema needs to be exposed.

Kima was just doing her job, you can go back to season 1 and see she doesn't like winning that way. Wee-Bay had her shot, and everybody knew he was in on it. Bunk told her to "just say his name", and she wouldn't do it, because she just doesn't like locking people up that way. She "good police".

Okay, was my house the only place that got dusty during that episode? Between Michael and Snoop and Michael, his brother and Dookie scenes and then Bubbles, I got a little misty.

I think that Kima telling Daniels fit her character perfectly.

Daniels learns to play the game and lets the dirty cop shit slide, my prediction for the final episode...he'll feel real shitty about it, but will finally realize, especially in his position, that sometimes you have to be dirty to keep the streets safe.

I don't blame Kima for telling Daniels. She was doing the right thing.

The character I'm sort of mad at this season is Freaman. He was the one who encouraged McNulty into getting deeper and deeper with this serial killer thing. In the previous seasons Freaman proved himself to be probably the smartest and most patient of the police, but being involved with McNulty's scheme kind of goes against that.

The character I'm sort of mad at this season is Freaman. He was the one who encouraged McNulty into getting deeper and deeper with this serial killer thing. In the previous seasons Freaman proved himself to be probably the smartest and most patient of the police, but being involved with McNulty's scheme kind of goes against that.

They fucked him over twice, when he was inces from getting Marlo. I think it fits his character njust fine, from season 1 When Daniels 1st brings Freamon in, the guy was knoown to go against the ranks, that's why he was stuck in the evidence room making them miniatures (which makes him more money then beinga cop anyway) to begin with.

I think Freeman is doing a Colvin, where he's about to retire, and just wants that one more case, and he can go away happy.

Damn, it looks like Chris is going down for let's face it, doing the most noble thing he's done in the series.

Even if they don't really serve a place, I wouldn't mind seeing Bunny, Avon, Slim, Weebay, or Prez again...maybe just a couple of them.

Damn, it looks like Chris is going down for let's face it, doing the most noble thing he's done in the series.

Even if they don't really serve a place, I wouldn't mind seeing Bunny, Avon, Slim, Weebay, or Prez again...maybe just a couple of them.

Kind of spoilerish...

Well, Bunny is back for sure and Prez looks to be back in the last episode. I wouldn't be surprised to see either Avon or Weebay in prison too interacting with Marlo. I don't know if there is much left for Slim to do. Maybe take out Cheese for doing Joe?

Carnivale was one of those shows that was so bizarre I had to keep watching, even though I had no clue what was going on half the time. According to Wiki the show was set for 6 seasons, which seems to be the norm for HBO, but was cancelled. It doesn't say if the cancellation came after production on the 2nd season was already wrapped or not. If it was after, I can understand the open-ended finale.