TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

If you were expecting WWE to accurately represent NWA title changes you apparently have no idea how the company came into being in the first place.

That's not the point. The point is that the intro mentions Jimmy Snuka as a former ECW Champion, but their listed lineage starts with Shane Douglas.

You can't do one thing and then another.

-- The 19-year old son of former WWF star Mike Barton aka Bart Gunn died on Wednesday. Mike Polchlopek III was accidently shot by his 18-year-old friend Cody Grooms, who was cleaning a .22 caliber rifle which went off. Click here for more on the story.

-- DH Smith makes his in-ring return on this week's edition of WWE Heat. He takes on Charlie Haas in the Heat main event. This is his first televised match since 10/29 as he was suspended for 30 days due to "violations of WWE's Substance Abuse and Drug Policy" later that week. Other matches on Heat include Duggan & Super Crazy vs. The Highlanders and Snitsky vs. a local wrestler. Click here to watch this week's edition of Heat.

-- Yesterday's edition of "Page Six" in the New York Post notes that Juliet Huddy of Fox's "Morning Show With Mike and Juliet" named Hulk Hogan and Jessica Alba as the show's two worst guests in an interview with Steppin Out magazine. Huddy said, "Truth be told, [Hogan] really was kind of this unfriendly jerk. I thought, 'Are you kidding me?'" Regarding Alba, Huddy said, "She never opened up about anything. Mike [Jerrick] asked her something about Cash [Warren], and she said, very seriously, 'Sorry, but I don't talk about those things.' Oh God! Don't they know that the reason people are interested in them is because of their personal lives?"

If you were expecting WWE to accurately represent NWA title changes you apparently have no idea how the company came into being in the first place.

That's not the point. The point is that the intro mentions Jimmy Snuka as a former ECW Champion, but their listed lineage starts with Shane Douglas.

You can't do one thing and then another.

Snuka is a former ECW champion, but they're only doing the Extreme lineage. They worded it horribly, as they usually do because they figure wrestling fans have the memory-retaining capabilities of a folding chair and won't notice.

And isn't that at least the second picture of Orton with Triple H's name on the title belt?

that pics from No Mercy, after Orton won the belt back.................still though

Wha? They took the time to put a Triple H label plate on a belt that he won at No Mercy, lost at No Mercy, and was portrayed as happening on the spur of the moment?

that pics from No Mercy, after Orton won the belt back.................still though

Wha? They took the time to put a Triple H label plate on a belt that he won at No Mercy, lost at No Mercy, and was portrayed as happening on the spur of the moment?

They ALWAYS have a Triple H name plate lying around in case Hunter wants the title again....even if its for a moment.

I too call Batista winning the Rumble. The guy has been involved in so many world title matches over the past nearly 3 years, I find it hard to fathom him working a pay-per-view, and not either defending, or going after the World Title.

That Orton pic is gold though. Owned indeed.

WWE continues to modify their WrestleMania 24 plans. The proposed Triple H vs Batista match has been shelved and now Randy Orton vs Triple H is back on the cards for the Raw main event, although a three-way Randy Orton vs Triple H vs Batista bout has been discussed as well. Smackdown's main event is still almost certainly going to be Edge vs The Undertaker and there is talk of using some special gimmick for it, possibly a Hell in the Cell to play off of the Survivor Series finish. However, since they are planning to use the Elimination Chamber for the No Way Out main event, they might not want to bring back the Cell again so soon afterwards. One plan that is set in stone is the winner of the Royal Rumble getting an automatic WrestleMania title shot against his own brand's champion, with the other brand's main challengers then competing in the Elimination Chamber for the other spot. However, there is a better chance than originally thought that John Cena might be able to appear at WrestleMania in some capacity. He has been working exceptionally hard to get back into peak condition after his surgery, with Stephanie McMahon and Brian Gerwitz holding out hope that he might at least be able to show up for a run-in to continue his program with Orton.

wrestling observer newsletter

I'm assuming they'll have a canopy of sorts elevated over the ringside arena like they did for WM9, where they'll have lights and pyro set up. I don't think Cena needs to return at WM. Orton-HHH was the match I expected from the start and really, despite what the negative minded people believe, Orton and HHH are the top heel and face of Raw.

I too call Batista winning the Rumble. The guy has been involved in so many world title matches over the past nearly 3 years, I find it hard to fathom him working a pay-per-view, and not either defending, or going after the World Title.

That Orton pic is gold though. Owned indeed.

I'll be really pissed if Batista wins it again. He's just..not that good. I hope his WM match is just a big man vs big man match rather than a title match or Flair's last match.

Orton/HHH would not be awful had they not just fought a few months ago.....twice....in one night. If they main evented the Rumble I would groan let alone WrestleMania.

Orton/HHH would probably be a good match if they're work at no mercy is anything to go by.

From a storyline perspective it would be decent enough but not great. Unless Randy ended up kicking Steph in the head as a way to get to HHH.

It was reported last week that Lacey Von Erich's profile had been removed from the Florida Championship Wrestling website. There is something to the story because apparently she's gone. No word yet if she's officially parted ways with WWE, but things don't look good. Reports on her work state that she wasn't picking up the business quick enough. The daughter of Kerry Von Erich signed a contract with WWE back in August. She hasn't appeared on a FCW show in several weeks.

http://wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=200544597

When Torrie Wilson first came on the scene in early 99 she was probably the hottest wrestling girl ever, she was simply stunning and a cut above anything else, even early sunny. Serisouly, watch some of her first appearances.

Oh yeah Torrie was hot but that was 1999 and the point is that this is almost 2008 and she still can't do shit whatsoever.

No offense to Cena but do we really need him doing a run in on Orton vs. HHH at WM? I would assume it's to cost Orton the title, which I guess gives Cena that first victim in a non title scenario when he returns (and let's face it, when Cena returns Orton is his bitch).

I don't see Batista doing much of anything notable at WM. There's just nowhere to put him that's worth a damn. He'll be jobbed out of the Edge/UT scene. He makes zero sense on Raw and that quote Observer stuff said that whoever wins the Rumble HAS to challenge his show's champion. As in you can't just pick whoever you want. Batista vs. Lashley in a Hoss Match, and the amusing aspect of that match is that Lashley would need that win more and so I think he goes over.

Torrie Wilson has been in the business for 10 years and she hasn't picked a single thing up.

I'm guessing the only reason(s) someone as useless as her being around so long is she is fucking mcmahon on a near daily basis...or she is blackmailing him because of past fuckings. There is no other reason for her being around so long because as you said, she is as bad now as she was 8 years ago. It's incredible really.

Torrie Wilson has been in the business for 10 years and she hasn't picked a single thing up.

except for being able to stay ini the business for 10 years and getting a great pay because of it.

Joey Styles new blog on wwe.com praises JBL in-ring ability, but rips his commentating. Obviously this is kayfabe, but I'm just curious as to why they have the ECW commentator taking shots at a soon to be RAW main event level wrestler.

This week's Most Extreme Player is former and, in my humble opinion, future WWE Champion, John "Bradshaw" Layfield. After being goaded out of retirement by Chris Jericho, JBL made the decision to leave the SmackDown broadcast table to return to the ring on Raw. JBL was the longest reigning WWE Champion in SmackDown history, and has the potential to do so on Raw as well. In addition, JBL appears six times weekly on both FOX News and FOX Business as a financial commentator.

However, none of the aforementioned is the reason that I have selected JBL as my MEP this week. The fact is, myself and millions of English speaking SmackDown viewers owe a huge debt of gratitude to Y2J for getting JBL to relinquish his headset and allowing all of us to resume watching SmackDown with the sound on.

What an early Christmas gift! No more JBL cliches such as "Ballgame!," "The lights are on bright," "He smells like smoke because he's been through fire." Not to mention JBL's outdated sports references to everyone from Ben Hogan to Honus Wagner.

Just when I thought nobody could butcher color commentary worse than Ernest "The Cat" Miller did years ago, along came JBL, tempting me to drive my pencil into my own ears at every WWE pay-per-view. JBL spent more time talking about himself in his Foghorn Leghorn voice than he did talking about the matches he was supposed to be calling. While I have no doubt that JBL will one day be inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame as the great in-ring superstar he is, the self-professed Wall Street wizard will not be joining Gene Okerlund and Jim Ross in the announcer's wing.

While I don't believe that I am going to be inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame anytime soon, (if ever), I take comfort in the fact that unlike JBL, I did not force millions of our viewers to learn how to operate the closed captioning on their televisions.

I wish JBL the best in his future endeavors if only so I never have to suffer through him calling another match.

Torrie was supposedly fired for a few hours in 2005 but they immediately went back on it and kept her. They even removed her profile from WWE.Com. A few hours, it was back.

I'm guessing the only reason(s) someone as useless as her being around so long is she is fucking mcmahon on a near daily basis...or she is blackmailing him because of past fuckings. There is no other reason for her being around so long because as you said, she is as bad now as she was 8 years ago. It's incredible really.

I really hope somebody drives a bus into your house.

There are three types of women in the business, ones who can wrestle, ones who look good and the newest addition, ones Vince feels bad about what he ended up doing to their husbands and so he gives them a job.

Torrie doesn't look progressively worse than she did when she showed up, so she's still employed. I really don't understand why the generic fanbase can't see "She doesn't look any worse than she did when she was signed, and she was signed for her looks, so she's still on the roster", or "Khali is there because he's tall and menacing and they don't care that he can't work because you can teach workrate faster than you can teach tall"...but can somehow clearly see extortion, blackmail and a dozen other illegal activities that somehow explain why somebody remains on the payroll.

I really hope somebody drives a bus into your house.

There are three types of women in the business, ones who can wrestle, ones who look good and the newest addition, ones Vince feels bad about what he ended up doing to their husbands and so he gives them a job.

Torrie doesn't look progressively worse than she did when she showed up, so she's still employed. I really don't understand why the generic fanbase can't see "She doesn't look any worse than she did when she was signed, and she was signed for her looks, so she's still on the roster", or "Khali is there because he's tall and menacing and they don't care that he can't work because you can teach workrate faster than you can teach tall"...but can somehow clearly see extortion, blackmail and a dozen other illegal activities that somehow explain why somebody remains on the payroll.

Because those are more fun to talk about.

Joey Styles new blog on wwe.com praises JBL in-ring ability, but rips his commentating. Obviously this is kayfabe, but I'm just curious as to why they have the ECW commentator taking shots at a soon to be RAW main event level wrestler.

This week's Most Extreme Player is former and, in my humble opinion, future WWE Champion, John "Bradshaw" Layfield. After being goaded out of retirement by Chris Jericho, JBL made the decision to leave the SmackDown broadcast table to return to the ring on Raw. JBL was the longest reigning WWE Champion in SmackDown history, and has the potential to do so on Raw as well. In addition, JBL appears six times weekly on both FOX News and FOX Business as a financial commentator.

However, none of the aforementioned is the reason that I have selected JBL as my MEP this week. The fact is, myself and millions of English speaking SmackDown viewers owe a huge debt of gratitude to Y2J for getting JBL to relinquish his headset and allowing all of us to resume watching SmackDown with the sound on.

What an early Christmas gift! No more JBL cliches such as "Ballgame!," "The lights are on bright," "He smells like smoke because he's been through fire." Not to mention JBL's outdated sports references to everyone from Ben Hogan to Honus Wagner.

Just when I thought nobody could butcher color commentary worse than Ernest "The Cat" Miller did years ago, along came JBL, tempting me to drive my pencil into my own ears at every WWE pay-per-view. JBL spent more time talking about himself in his Foghorn Leghorn voice than he did talking about the matches he was supposed to be calling. While I have no doubt that JBL will one day be inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame as the great in-ring superstar he is, the self-professed Wall Street wizard will not be joining Gene Okerlund and Jim Ross in the announcer's wing.

While I don't believe that I am going to be inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame anytime soon, (if ever), I take comfort in the fact that unlike JBL, I did not force millions of our viewers to learn how to operate the closed captioning on their televisions.

I wish JBL the best in his future endeavors if only so I never have to suffer through him calling another match.

If Joey honestly typed that all out.....that was awesome even if it was kayfabe.

I think Torrie's days are numbered. She doesn't wrestle, doesn't seem willing to and she's getting older. (I know by normal standards she's young, but by WWE diva standards, when everyone else is in their twenties, she's old). And, she's done basically everything she's going to do in WWE, so what other role is there for her?

She seems to be preparing for this already, as she's planned some outside business vertures including her clothes shop.