TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

BCS selection announcement

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should be in the BCS championship game?

• Ohio State
    • LSU
    • Georgia
    • Virginia Tech
    • Oklahoma
    • USC
    • Kansas
    • West Virginia
    • Hawaii
    • Other (specify)

This deserves its own thread separate from the weekly thread. Announcement will be somewhere around 7:50 pm on fox (or whenever The O.T. is over).

I'm interested to see what the consensus championship game would be if made by TSM. Vote for two (and only two) teams in the above poll.

The popular opinion at the moment is this will be the BCS line-up.

BCS: Ohio State vs. LSU

Orange: Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia

Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. Kansas

Sugar: Georgia vs. Hawaii

Rose: USC vs. Illinois

Seriously of all the possible combination of match-ups this is by far the least interesting they could come up with. I don't care if Oklahoma and Kansas didn't play each other this season, two teams from the same conference shouldn't meet in a bowl game.

This is what it's like when you have a really good college basketball regular season and the tournament produces a bunch of #5 seeds and a couple lackuster #2's in the E8.

I voted for Georgia, as the #2 team. I don't give a shit that they didn't make the SEC Title Game, they and Virginia Tech are the only title contending teams without an embarassing loss on their record. Except for Hawaii and Kansas, but they're non-factors. Not only that, but there isn't a single BCS Game in the projected lineup that interests me. All the games will be beatings.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

Hawaii won all of their games, hence, they are worthy of playing in the championship game.

Yes I'm hoping West Virginia ends up in the Fiesta Bowl and then I prefer Missouri over Kansas in the Orange Bowl but seems like the Tigers will have to settle for the Cotton Bowl. The only thing that could really throw things out of whack is since Ohio State will be #1 the Rose Bowl will get the first pick and they don't have to take USC the first time around, they can use their replacement pick on whoever they want. I'm usually a Rose Bowl purist but it would be great if they were to take Georgia and that would have a ripple effect that could give us a lot more interesting games, beyond of course a great USC/UGA match-up. But it seems very likely they'll keep the Pac-10/Big Ten tradition and go with Illinois.

Hawaii won all of their games, hence, they are worthy of playing in the championship game.

So next season one of the Independent teams should schedule all 1-AA and bottom feeding 1-A teams and go undefeated to play for the National title?

So next season one of the Independent teams should schedule all 1-AA and bottom feeding 1-A teams and go undefeated to play for the National title?

Maybe they should. It's supposed to be football, not some political figure skating bullshit. Zero is less than two.

See, this is fun. Long live BCS!

If your idea of fun is a ridiculous farce that destroys the entire credibility of the institution, then I guess you're right.

College footall is a joke.

Any sport that prostitutes 19-year-old girls can't be wrong!

There's not much you can do when no one wants to play you.

Worked for Notre Dame in the past. They need to stop that schedule hard opponents crap and ride that "weak schedule but big name school" wave to another title.

Oh come on. Do you guys seriously NOT enjoy all of this? All of the discussion and controversy about which team goes in? This is fun!

Oh come on. Do you guys seriously NOT enjoy all of this? All of the discussion and controversy about which team goes in? This is fun!

No, it's not fun. I like watching teams battle each other to determine a champion. I could care less about coaches politicking to be voted the best team by their peers.

"Oh my god, my two losses are way better than your two losses! Vote for me!"

It's kind of sad for Hawaii considering they tried to get games with teams like Michigan but got snubbed to the point where they had to schedule FCS teams (and then Michigan lost to App. State... karma!)

I'm not saying the system itself isn't flawed, I just thing the flaws create things like this where we can discuss who deserves to be in the game, and that's fun.

It would be different if we were debating who should be in the game between a couple (two to three) of one loss teams. But between about five 2-loss teams, no. It's not fun at all.