TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
edgehead69

Wrestlemania 24

I made several fantasy cards by Summerslam on Wrestlemania 24. Such as Kennedy vs HHH and Edge vs Undertaker.

So I thought I could make this one

All of this is on the fly

World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs Undertaker ©

WWE Championship: Triple H © vs Randy Orton vs Batista

ECW Championship: CM Punk © vs Shelton Benjamin

Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels

Chris Jericho vs JBL

Mr. Kennedy vs Bobby Lashley

United States Championship: MVP © vs Matt Hardy

Women's Championship: Beth Phoenix © vs Candice Michelle

MITB Ladder Match: John Morrison, The Miz, Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Carlito, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Elijah Burke

No DQ: Finlay vs Mr. McMahon

We did this thread like 3 weeks ago. I believe you even posted in it.

No, i havent posted in about a month.. And if there was a thread.. whoops.. didnt catch it

Now that we know Cena is going to be in the WWE Title match at Wrestlemania, I think we can make some better predictions as to what the card will be. I doubt the card will be anything like the following, because WWE never reaches their potential, but this is what I would like to see:

John Cena© vs Triple H: WWE Title

The rematch that "everyone" has been waiting to see. I don't see Cena only having a one month title reign, but I don't see him beating HHH at Mania again either. This match could go either way, and could be a GREAT match.

Edge© vs Undertaker: World Heavyweight Title

The match most of us have been waiting for since Edge hit the main event scene. I'd rather Taker go in with the title and everything to lose, but I don't want to have Edge vs Taker before Wrestlemania. Perhaps Taker pins Rey in a Triple Threat at No Way Out to win the title. This is THE main event for me and should be good. Don't know who goes over.

CM Punk© vs Umaga: ECW Title, Extreme Rules

Ever since somebody else on here thought of this match, I've wanted to see it. I think Umaga can be really good sometimes (see RR07) and vs. Punk would probably be one of those situations. Punk retains.

Ric Flair vs Randy Orton: Career Threatening Match

Orton wins. Someone's gotta do it and I'd rather Orton than Batista.

Jeff Hardy vs Mr. Kennedy vs John Morrison vs Shelton Benjamin vs The Miz vs Rey Mysterio vs Chavo Guerrero vs Y2J: Money in the Bank

This one goes to Jeff or Jericho. I'd give it to Kennedy but he won last year. Jeff probably gets the win and eventually wins the title down the road.

Beth Pheonix vs Mickie James vs Melina: Women's Title

The women's title match, assuming there is one, has to have Beth and Mickie in it. I just wanted to change things up slightly. If Candace is back by Mania, put her in Melina's place. If not, you could put Maria in. It doesn't really matter. Mickie finally gets her win.

Matt Hardy vs MVP: US Title

Ten months in the making. Can't wait for this one. Matt wins the title.

JBL vs HBK

Neither man had an opponent. I don't want to see JBL vs another guy his size so he gets HBK in the battle of the initials.

Big Daddy V/Mark Henry/Great Khali vs Kane/Batista/Big Show

This one was the last match I came up with. I guess I just thought all the crap (the heel team) should be thrown in the same match. Batista isn't going to be in a title match, and I don't think he should be the one to retire Flair, so put him here.

Vince/Shane vs Finlay/Hornswoggle

Well, you know there's going to be some sort of a match at Mania involving Vince, Finlay, or Horny. Vince and his real son take on the little bastard and his father figure. This will be short, but not terrible. Shane gets Van Terminatored by Hornswoggle.

I wanted to make the best card I could, so I looked at the Wrestlemania X-7 card. It featured mostly one on one matches, a 6-man tag, a multi-man spot fest, and a McMahon family drama match. That's what I tried to do here. If Lashley isn't really gone, I guess he could take Batista's place in the 6-man. Then either Orton or Batista would get into the WWE title match and the other would take on Flair.

EDIT: Anybody know whether or not Hogan will be a part of Mania this year?

The women's title match, assuming there is one, has to have Beth and Mickie in it. I just wanted to change things up slightly. If Candace is back by Mania, put her in Melina's place. If not, you could put Maria in. It doesn't really matter. Mickie finally gets her win.

I would prefer to see this at No Way Out, if it happens like that. I'm not a fan of triple threat matches under normal circumstances, and I definitely don't want to see a title change hands at Mania in a triple threat. If you want to do that, have Mickie win at NWO, pinning Melina or whomever the third broad is, and then you can set up Mickie vs Beth at Mania, with the built-in storyline of Mickie having never actually beaten Beth.

I would prefer to see this at No Way Out, if it happens like that. I'm not a fan of triple threat matches under normal circumstances, and I definitely don't want to see a title change hands at Mania in a triple threat. If you want to do that, have Mickie win at NWO, pinning Melina or whomever the third broad is, and then you can set up Mickie vs Beth at Mania, with the built-in storyline of Mickie having never actually beaten Beth.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

No. The great the thing is that nobody has to do it. The more Flair wins the better the angle gets. As long as he's not winning championships what is the harm in having him on the roster? He's still delivering wonderful promos and intriguing matches. If it gets to the point where he can't wrestle a decent match than retire him. But, this angle could go on and on and on....I'd much rather see Orton vs. Cena. They are the future of the company and it's time that they had a chance to shine.

No. The great the thing is that nobody has to do it. The more Flair wins the better the angle gets. As long as he's not winning championships what is the harm in having him on the roster? He's still delivering wonderful promos and intriguing matches. If it gets to the point where he can't wrestle a decent match than retire him. But, this angle could go on and on and on....I'd much rather see Orton vs. Cena. They are the future of the company and it's time that they had a chance to shine.

Cena and Orton have been "shining" for the better part of the past 3 years. Let someone else have their moment. As long as Kennedy doesn't fuck up AGAIN between now and then, I wouldn't mind seeing him end Flair's career. He lost his World Title run due to injury and lost out on being Vince's son due to steroids, maybe the third time is the charm.

Since WWE is so adamant to erase all things Benoit from history here you go. Matt Hardy FINALLY beats MVP for the United States belt. Everyone is happy there to see Matt Hardy finally get the win over this guy he's been chasing for about 9 months. Then, Jeff Hardy beats Randy orton, John Cena, or whoever in the main event for the WWE Title, thus giving us the feel-good, mark-out moment of the year. While Jeff celebrates, Matt comes down to congratulate him, and you have a new "Benoit and Eddy" moment to close off the show, and put in all the highlight videos.

Since WWE is so adamant to erase all things Benoit from history here you go. Matt Hardy FINALLY beats MVP for the United States belt. Everyone is happy there to see Matt Hardy finally get the win over this guy he's been chasing for about 9 months. Then, Jeff Hardy beats Randy orton, John Cena, or whoever in the main event for the WWE Title, thus giving us the feel-good, mark-out moment of the year. While Jeff celebrates, Matt comes down to congratulate him, and you have a new "Benoit and Eddy" moment to close off the show, and put in all the highlight videos.

I just posted basically the same scenario in the Raw thread - the Matt and Jeff ending anyways. However I had Matt beating MVP for the US title and Jeff winning MITB. I also had Edge vs Flair in a Title vs Career match at WM where Edge would win and retire Flair. Of course you don't want to send the fans home unhappy so Jeff Hardy cashes in his MITB match and beats Edge for the title.

I just posted basically the same scenario in the Raw thread - the Matt and Jeff ending anyways. However I had Matt beating MVP for the US title and Jeff winning MITB. I also had Edge vs Flair in a Title vs Career match at WM where Edge would win and retire Flair. Of course you don't want to send the fans home unhappy so Jeff Hardy cashes in his MITB match and beats Edge for the title.

Hah, yea I saw that right after I posted. Jeff Hardy vs Edge would probably be a better match, but the win would be more significant if he won the WWE title from whoever has it at the end of the night. I'm all for Jeff Hardy winning MitB and cashing it in to close the show and send the fans home happy.

Hah, yea I saw that right after I posted. Jeff Hardy vs Edge would probably be a better match, but the win would be more significant if he won the WWE title from whoever has it at the end of the night. I'm all for Jeff Hardy winning MitB and cashing it in to close the show and send the fans home happy.

Only problem is, you didn't advertise Jeff vs. Edge, so you may sacrifice some buys...on the other hand, this isn't just some wildcard PPV, this is WM, everyone buys it. Still, I'm not sure Jeff vs. Edge with no build is entirely the best idea. What works better: a total surprise or a pre-built match?

There's a big difference between the monthly pay per views and WrestleMania. Has Cena vs. Orton ever taken place at WrestleMania? No. Since WrestleMania is the "showcase of the immortals" and these are your two biggest stars right now, let them have the chance to dazzle the Citrus Bowl at WrestleMania 24.

Instead of wasting a World title match with Flair vs. Edge, why not put Flair in a match against *insert legend here*? Maybe Hulk Hogan? Aren't the "Hogan at WrestleMania" rumors starting again? That's just not smart booking to put Flair in a title match, especially against Edge. There are a number of other people Edge could face.

As much as I don't like Jeff Hardy as heavyweight champion, I could see the WWE doing something like Dragon and Haws were discussing. I think that would be neat, but Jeff Hardy would have to drop the title at Backlash.

My thoughts on how I see the card developing:

Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena - Not a big fan of a triple threat match, but with Cena back in the picture - it muddies things a bit.

Edge vs. Undertaker: I still see this one happening unless, for some God-awful reason, they play up the Taker/Snitsky thing from the Rumble. The battle of the two men who have never been pinned at Wrestlemania.

Ric Flair vs. Ken Kennedy, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Randy Orton, or another "legend" - I don't think they'll bring in an old timer like Steamboat or Dusty to retire Flair, so I'm going in the order of Kennedy, Michaels, and Triple H. If Kennedy is slated to retire Flair, though, he'll probably screw it up. I've only got Triple H and Orton here if they don't go the way of a triple threat match. I still wish they would go with the original ending to the storyline: Flair is forced to be in Money in the Bank, somehow wins the match, cashes it in the same night, Edge beats him, and Flair leaves his boots/robe in the ring.

Hulk Hogan or Great Khali vs. Big Show - It's certain Big Show is returning, but the rumors still persist that they'll do the match with him and Hogan, which makes sense considering both men live in the central Florida area. If they don't get Hogan, I can see a battle of the giants with Khali.

Money in the Bank - I see Bastista* getting put here along with the likes of Jeff Hardy, a couple of ECW guys not fighting for the belt*, Kane, and whoever else. The rest of the undercard depends on who is in Money in the Bank

* - For some reason, I can see a Bastita/Umaga "beast vs. beast" match as well.

* - Punk vs. Chavo/Shelton for the belt is another possibility

Jericho vs. JBL - The blow-off to the feud, probably a stipulation based match.

Someone mentioned The McMahons vs. Finlay/Hornswaggle. I can see this happening, or a Finlay vs. McMahon match or some type of handicap match to maybe bring an end to the storyline.

Beth Phoenix vs. Maria - If Maria's going to be in Playboy, she'll get the title shot. Here's hoping some great stuff from Santino in this one

Matt Hardy vs. MVP - Everyone seems to agree this one will happen, and I'm no different.

I took some time away from the WWE for the last 6 or 8 months and only started to watch again recently, well...Rumble recently. I didn't catch RAW last night, so if any of this seems far-fetched or out of turn with whatever went down since, please discard.

WWE World Title

Triple H vs John Cena

World Heavyweight Title

Edge vs The Undertaker

Money in the Bank

Jeff Hardy vs Shawn Michaels vs Matt Hardy vs MVP vs Umaga vs Shelton Benjamin vs Carlito vs Rey Mysterio

Flair Retirement Match

Ric Flair vs Kennedy

Women's Title

Beth Phoenix vs Mickie James

ECW World Title

Chavo Guerrero vs CM Punk

Bullrope or some gimmick Match

JBL vs Chris Jericho

McMahon Family Tag Team Match

Vince and Shane vs Finlay and Hornswoggle

Randy Orton vs Batista

Big Show vs Kane

Playboy Publicity spot

Maria, Ashley, Candice and Torrie

Why does anybody think Kennedy will face Flair at Wrestlemania when he's already trying to retire Flair at No Way Out?

The run-in with the two at the Rumble, the way HBK made reference to both men being virtually the same character, the WWE's desire to get Kennedy over at all costs.....and uh....when was this No Way Out revelation made? If it was last night, then please read the first line in my previous post.

Why does anybody think Kennedy will face Flair at Wrestlemania when he's already trying to retire Flair at No Way Out?

The run-in with the two at the Rumble, the way HBK made reference to both men being virtually the same character, the WWE's desire to get Kennedy over at all costs.....and uh....when was this No Way Out revelation made? If it was last night, then please read the first line in my previous post.

Ya, the match between Flair and Kennedy was made last night. Sorry, I didn't bother to read what you wrote first, I just skipped ahead to the card.

Well, they could have a rematch though..

Flair wins at No Way Out (maybe with his feet on the ropes or something) to continue his streak, but Kennedy challenges him to a rematch at Wrestlemania because of the ending of their last match. Kennedy defeats Flair. Flair retires?

JBL vs HBK

Neither man had an opponent. I don't want to see JBL vs another guy his size so he gets HBK in the battle of the initials.

I like this idea, and think that these two would have a great match. Have these two ever fought one another?

JBL vs HBK

I like this idea, and think that these two would have a great match. Have these two ever fought one another?

I believe that before Wrestlemania, Cena faced a previous WM opponent of HBK's (Benoit) and HBK faced JBL, who was Cena's WM21 opponent.

I believe that before Wrestlemania, Cena faced a previous WM opponent of HBK's (Benoit) and HBK faced JBL, who was Cena's WM21 opponent.

I remember that now, except it was an angle, and not a match, with JBL coming out and cutting a promo on HBK and Michaels superkicking him. JBL didn't even put his ring gear on. It wouldn't surprise me if that match happened sometime back in 1996 when he was Justin 'Hawk' Bradshaw.

Guest Anubis

Okay, here's mine:

WWE Championship - Triple Threat Match

Randy Orton © vs Triple H vs John Cena

Cena and Orton come to an unclean finish at No Way Out while Triple H wins the chamber.

World Heavyweight Championship Match - Title vs. Streak

Edge © vs The Undertaker

Edge pins Rey at No Way Out and Taker wins the SD! chamber.

ECW Heavyweight Championship - Triple Threat Match

Chavo Guerrero © vs CM Punk vs Shelton Benjamin

ECW hosts a No.1 Contenders Match between both of them that ends in a draw or DQ.

Money In The Bank Ladder Match

Jeff Hardy vs Umaga vs Carlito vs Rey Mysterio vs Batista vs Mr. Kennedy

Several qualification matches lead to those six candidates. Everyone of which could win the spot (with Carlito perhaps the most unlikely).

Career Threatening Match

Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels

Both have had some backstage skits in the near past and could easily agree to a match, seeing how both Shawn and Flair have no WrestleMania spot in sight yet. I guess Shawn would be the most fitting to end Flair's career.

No Holds Barred Match

Chris Jericho vs John Bradshaw Layfield

For me, that's the most likely match on the card. Jericho and JBL have been feuding since December and come to a unclean finish at the Royal Rumble. Seeing how both will participate in the Chamber Match at No Way Out, a confrontation leading to a hardcore match of whatever "anything goes" stipulation at WrestleMania is very likely.

WWE United States Championship Match

Montel Vontavious Porter © vs Matt Hardy

WrestleMania should be the perfect platform to further or end this feud that runs since early 2007.

Hardcore Match

Mick Foley & Hornswoggle vs Mr. McMahon & Finlay

I guess, Foley having some sort of match at WrestleMania is quite likely, also Hornswoggle and Vince will most certainly appear. Seeing how no other spot is left on the card this could be a possible matchup.

WWE Women's Championship - Fatal Four Way Match

Beth Phoenix © vs Maria vs Candice Michelle vs Mickie James

I'd like it if they do the Four Way between those Divas but could also imagine a 1 on 1 between Maria and Beth. We'll see about that.

This is how I would've had it:

WWE Championship

Batista Vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Title

Undertaker Vs. Edge

ECW Championship

CM Punk Vs. Shelton Benjamin

HBK Vs. JBL

Interpromotional Match

Rey Mysterio Vs. HHH

Chris Jericho Vs. Mick Foley

World Tag Team Championship

Bob Holly & Cody Rhodes Vs. Paul London and Brian Kendrick

United States Title

MVP Vs. Matt Hardy

Womens Championship

Victoria Vs. Beth Pheonix

Money In The Bank

Jeff Hardy Vs. Carlito Vs. Umaga Vs. Kane Vs. Finlay Vs. Kennedy

As mentioned in general discussion, PWI is reporting today that Shawn Michaels is currently scheduled to be Ric Flair's WrestleMania 24 opponent for what would be Flair's final match.

Wait, I get to use my imagination? Ok...cool...let's pretend....

WWE Championship

JOHN CENA vs. JEFF HARDY

Cena wins the title at NWO. Hardy wins the Chamber. Cena needs to start turning NOW...slowly..at NWO, he cheats to win, bringing back the Lock N' Chain, and, after hitting Orton with it, does the YOU CAN'T SEE ME, to the crowd. Crowd will pummel him. Do the Elimination Chamber after the Orton/Cena match. Jeff wins, and while he celebrates, Cena comes out and attacks him. He bloodies Jeff up, and we get the run up to Wrestlemania. During the run-up, Hardy loses IC belt to Umaga.

World Heavyweight Title

UNDERTAKER vs. EDGE

This is kind of a no-brainer. Only thing is, I want Taker to win, with a rematch at Backlash. At Backlash, have CM Punk interfere, costing Edge the match. This would set up a May-June-July-August feud blowing off at Summerslam. Elevates Punk, and Edge is big enough to not be brought down by the loss. Keep Edge/Taker close by though, setting up WMXXV, where Edge should beat Taker, and Taker retires.

ECW Title

CM PUNK vs. CHAVO GUERRERO vs. TOMMY DREAMER w/ winner facing CHAMP SHELTON BENJAMIN RIGHT AFTER

Give Punk/Chavo/Dreamer about 8-10 minutes. Edgeheads come out and cost Punk the win, and Burke/Benjamin come out to rough up Dreamer, since Guerrero/Edge/Edgeheads/Shelton/Burke have formed a quasi-alliance. But, Dreamer fights out of it, Double DDT to Burke/Guerrero to pick up the win. Benjamin, who while watching Dreamer get pummeled was lying across the corner ropes, has to spring into action, agains the "Rocky-lite"Dreamer. Crowd pops when Dreamer wins the ECW Title at Wrestlemania. The shot of him bleeding all over it and holding it in the air, could make the title mean something again.

Basically, a replay of the first ECW PPV, with Funk/Richards/Sandman w/ winner going after Raven. I'm telling you, this would be great.

FLAIR vs. HHH

C'mon HHH. You always speak of Ric as your idol, now, in a respect match, let Flair bow out with a win. A crying Flair and HHH embrace after a good 10 minute match, where HHH barely escapes the Figure Four, which HHH reverses, then wrestling to set up a Pedigree. But Flair kicks out of it, and a stunned HHH stands up, smiles, and goes to re-cover for the pin, Flair pokes him in the eyes, gives him a few chops with HHH falling to the mat. One last Flair strut, back to the Figure Four, HHH taps. Next night on RAW, Flair announces his retirement in one week, since last night (Wrestlemania) he beat the man. And he wants to go out on top. The RAW two weeks from WM turns into a celebration of Flair. (Shit, shotgun Sting for one night only on RAW).

BATISTA vs. RANDY ORTON

This comes from a Orton/Batista run in at NWO. Both men claim to be the best thing to come out of EVOLUTION. Bats basically goes with the whole "Nobody likes you, and people want to see you get destroyed. I'm gonna give everyone what they want" Attitude. I think its a good match that doesn't hurt either man. Again, MEventer vs. MEventer. Plus, they can go back to their own shows and start over. The top of the card is too busy, and neither man is lighting the house on fire right now. Just look at the MSG reaction when Bats was in there with HHH/Cena.

WOMEN'S MATCH

Who cares? Beth vs. a returning Candice or Mickie. Really. Don't. Care.

US TITLE MATCH

MVP vs. MATT HARDY

I'm not explaining this one. This feud has been awesome. We all know it. This match could steal the spotlight despite the above matches.

IC TITLE MATCH

UMAGA vs. BIG SHOW vs. CODY RHODES

You want to get Cody over WWE? Put him in there with two monsters. Have him sell his ass off, and somehow, someway, pick up the win.

MONEY IN THE BANK MATCH

Y2J vs. HBK vs. REY MYSTERIO vs. KENNEDY vs. KANE vs. BIG DADDY V.

First off, ask me how Big Daddy gets up the ladder anyway? Easy, Matt Striker. Striker hops up on his shoulders to try to grab the case. HBK and Y2J hit the top ropes and do DOUBLE MISSLE DROP KICKS to BDV. Awesome spot. I don't care who wins, because first sign of injury, somebody's gonna steal it.

RAW TAG TITLE MATCH

CARLITO/SANTINO vs. JBL/RON SIMMONS (AKA APA)

Yup. Sure. Why not?

So that's:

1.CENA VS HARDY (20-30 mins)

2.UNDERTAKER VS EDGE (Taker's intro 5 min, match 15-20)

3.PUNK VS GUERRERO VS DREAMER leads to DREAMER/BENJAMIN (Part I 8-10 min. Part II 3-5 min)

4.FLAIR VS HHH (20 min.)

5.BATISTA VS ORTON (20 min)

6.MVP VS MATT HARDY (20 min)

7.Y2J/HBK/MYSTERIO/KENNEDY/KANE/BDV (20 min)

8.CARLIO-SANTINO/APA (10 min)

9. "Garbage" Women's Match

10. "Garbage" McMahon/Hornswoggle/Foley thing

11. "Garbage" Hogan and/or Austin and/or somebody else I am forgetting

PLUS...PUT FLAIR/ARN ANDERSON/TULLY/ OLE/ WINDHAM in the HOFAME....HORSEMAN!

If I was Vince, save any Austin/Hogan/Foley/Himself interplay for 25 so it's fresh then.

This sets up HHH being face against a heel champ Cena (have McMahon get involved, save them for SS)

Coming out of this, you get young guys over, old guys over, and a happy crowd. End the show with Edge/Taker or HHH/Flair after the Cena heel turn. Why HHH/Flair? Who in the locker room has the right to not be okay with Flair winning one last time and closing out Mania. Everybody can break kayfabe at the end and storm the ring to celebrate. It would be an awesome moment.

Plus, you set up future SS matches:

HHH (FACE) vs CENA (HEEL)

PUNK vs EDGE

TAKER vs ORTON vs. BATISTA

and on and on...

Anyways....just brainfarting...