TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Just saw it, and yea this movie is great. Another one on the list for Apatow and crew for me.

And it's amazing how beautiful both of the leading ladies are. Kristen Bell looks fucking hot close up on the big screen, damn.

Got to see a sneak preview screening of this tonight. Laughed really hard throughout. If you like the Apatow movies, you will like it. Although no nude Kunis or Bell, both did show a little more skin than I expected, so that was a plus too.

*Do not read this spoiler. It will ruin the movie for you.*

And let's not forget, Segal bares a little skin for us too >_>

Wow. I'd go so far's to say that was the funniest Apatow-related movie yet. Segel was a better leading man than I thought he'd be, and the whole supporting cast was great. It's rare that I go in with high expectations and they still get exceeded.

Just got back from an afternoon showing, first time I went to a movie by myself (an experience that wasn't that bad). Absolutely hilarious. All of the main characters hit their roles perfectly, Kunis really impressing me and Segal being able to lead a movie was a surprise. Kristen Bell was hot and kept up her end and honestly, I thought I was going to hate Brand, but his character was probably the most real one out of everyone.

For once, I felt that Paul Rudd and Jonah Hill were not needed and didn't really bring anything. I couldn't really click with either one. The Jason Bateman and William Baldwin cameos were great. I would defiantly (and more than likely, will) go see this again.

4.5 out of 5, for me.

Just got back from an afternoon showing, first time I went to a movie by myself (an experience that wasn't that bad). Absolutely hilarious. All of the main characters hit their roles perfectly, Kunis really impressing me and Segal being able to lead a movie was a surprise. Kristen Bell was hot and kept up her end and honestly, I thought I was going to hate Brand, but his character was probably the most real one out of everyone.

For once, I felt that Paul Rudd and Jonah Hill were not needed and didn't really bring anything. I couldn't really click with either one. The Jason Bateman and William Baldwin cameos were great. I would defiantly (and more than likely, will) go see this again.

4.5 out of 5, for me.

Same here. This definitely lived up to my expectations. It also explains the topless picture of Mila Kunis that was circulating a while ago.

I'll definatly be checking this out. I'm not sure if I can get passed how much of a cunt Brand is, but I'll certainly give it a go.

I really, really enjoyed this one. I thought it was better than Superbad, maybe even as good as Knocked Up(previously my favorite). Segel performing the Dracula song was absolutley hilarious and of course Kunis was looking as good as ever all movie long.

Well, I didn't like it as much as all of you, it was definitely the least favorite of the "series", but I have a new girlfriend and it got me laid, so it will hold a special place for that.

Well, I didn't like it as much as all of you, it was definitely the least favorite of the "series", but I have a new girlfriend and it got me laid, so it will hold a special place for that.

See, thats another thing I'm digging about Apatow's movies: You can bring a woman to the movie and they'll like the story, I'll like the raunchy comedy, and we all get laid!

Couple other things about this... Paul Rudd stole the movie, but Russell Brand really was the best character. It was interesting how he was presented and set up as the "villain", but you can't help but like him. I think the key there was the scene where Segel's character admits that he is really fucking cool, making it ok for the audience to think so too, and also making him a recovering addict added just the right touch of sympathy. I found him a very realistic and easy to relate to character.

As far as Mila Kunis being hot, fuck yeah, she is like the hottest girl... ever. In looks and personality (her doing Meg on Family Guy really clinches it), but she's one of those rare cases where a girl is almost too hot, sort of making me uncomfortable. Were I to be in her company, I'd be on the verge of punching her just for being so hot all the time... and also doubting why she'd even be seen with me (and I'm a confident bordering on arrogant kind of guy). Damn she is fucking gorgeous.

There were just so many LOL moments in that movie. Though this one girl behind me was like "I don't want to watch people having sex the whole time." And "Ewww, a penis."

What did you expect? Did you see the trailers?

I counted 5 people that walked out on this movie. 3 of them during the opening penis scene. I don't see how someone can go into this rated R movie and not expect alot of sex. Anyways, great movie. Laughed through the whole thing. Right up there with Superbad and Knocked Up in my book.

I believe I will be seeing this tonight after I go to the gym....when I do I will edit this post and put in my thoughts.

EDIT: So yeah just got back from seeing it, funny ass movie. I am really enjoying how this team of guys is kind of evolving as writers. They manage to fit more raunch in with each movie without it feeling more over the top. IMO, 40 year old virgin was the most "over the top" comedy of the series in terms of the types of jokes, and when I say over the top I mean in a cheeseball kind of way, every since Knocked Up, the guys are fitting in more raunch but in a more "real life" type way if that makes any sense.....maybe not, but yeah.

Great movie with a lot of memorable lines and scenes.

Saw it tonight at a packed theatre for our Tuesday Movie Night, awesome movie. I'm with bps on thinking the self-loathing song was the funniest scene. Singing the Dracula song at Lazy Joes was 2nd. Hopefully good work of mouth keeps this one making money over time.

I don't know what it was about that scene. It's like the whole movie was building to it without me knowing....and when I started laughing the song and his performance doing it just ramped up perfectly.

Also...the first time you hear his dracula voice at Lazy Joe's is a riot.

And because Brand was awesome:

"I hate your music"

"Yeah well I fucked the maid last week"

"I didn't tell you I had genital warts because they weren't inflamed..."

The look on Bell's face had me in tears.

Ha, at the part where Bell attempts to sleep with Segal again, someone in the theater yelled "She's got herpes!" to quite the big laugh.

As it was pretty funny...and probably true.