TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Terribly inaccurate wrestling predictions you made

I saw Sylvester Terkay a month or so before he debuted on TV at a house show and thought that he'd be the next Brock Lesnar and be main eventing within a year or two. He was released about six months later.

I had a similar prediction with the late Emory Hale after watching him squash jobbers on the last episodes of WCW Saturday Night. I thought when Russo and Bischoff came back, he'd get some sort of huge push outside of Saturday Night but he only ended up appearing whenever Jimmy Hart had one of his legendary battles against Mancow.

I thought that for virtually the entire existance of The Nation of Domination that Demolition (or at the very least, a newer, hipper Demolition updated for the late 90s) was going to come back and feud with them.

So what are some predictions you made about the squared circle that went horribly wrong?

They will never, ever put John Cena in the position to be booed out of the building and lose his title in a crappy match against RVD at One Night Stand 2. Never, EVAH~!

I actually thought having TNA around would help the local Nashville indy scene. How wrong we all were.

I've never made a bad prediction. I'm always right.

Bull Bucanan WILL be HUGE one of these days! HUGE!

He was my prediction to win KotR 2000. Boy, did I feel like an ass.

Chris Jericho would win World War 3 1998 . . . bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart would never go to WCW.

Never thought Sid, Foley, and Guerrero would be WWE Champion.

At 10 years old I was positive Roddy Piper was winning the 1992 Royal Rumble and walking out of Albany with two titles.

I thought they might have booked Steve Austin to stun and eliminate all 28 other Rumble entrants one by one (and then became worried they would follow through with it after that actually happened to Golga) in 1999 and beat on Vince for an hour, creating the worst Rumble ever. I was half right.

I was pretty confident Debra was going to walk around topless and Mankind was going to win the title at Rock Bottom.

I once jokingly told a bunch of people on Prodigy Chat that Virgil was going to be the 3rd man at Bash at the Beach 96. Hey, he did join the nWo eventually right?

I thought we would see great things from Tiger Ali Singh because he was Canadian and wore Owen Hart's exact same tights, except with a yellow trim instead of pink.

KKC: For what it's worth, I remember hearing rumours of a Demolition return / update around 1996/1997. I don't know where they originated, though.

KKC: For what it's worth, I remember hearing rumours of a Demolition return / update around 1996/1997. I don't know where they originated, though.

There were vague hints at it in Vic Venom's (Vince Russo's pseudonym) The Informer column in WWF Magazine. It would have to been an update they were hinting at cause Barry Darsow was threatening to break people's stinkin' teeth in WCW and IIRC Bill Eadie and the WWF were still entangled in a lawsuit over the name.

There were rumors Crush would again be a part of it, I think.

There were also joke rumors Duke Droese would be a member. "Demolition Trash".

It's too bad WWF couldn't bring Darsow back to do Demolition again, since he was still wrestling and was somewhat passable in the ring in the final years of WCW.

Actually, there was just a Darsow/Eadie Demolition reunion at a local indy fed in Milwaukee last month...I think they actually were supposed to wrestle, but I don't know if that actually happened or not.

Yeah I saw video of them reuniting at an indy show a month or so ago. It was quite traumatizing to see a sixty year old Bill Eadie and a fiftysomething Barry Darsow wearing the S&M outfits and the facepaint. Yech.

Oh another inaccurate hoss prediction, I thought Kurrgan would be someone to watch and was eagerly expecting a big feud with The Undertaker. Actually I'm really glad I was wrong on this one.

As a kid, I was 100% positive that Sid was going to win the 1992 Royal Rumble, and I was livid at Hogan for what he did at the end of the match.

I thought Simon Diamond would be the next big thing around 1999 or so. Feel like an ass about that one.

I also thought Steve Corino would become a huge WWE star following the demise of ECW and I thought Vampiro would be WCW world champ eventually.

As a kid, I was 100% positive that Sid was going to win the 1992 Royal Rumble, and I was livid at Hogan for what he did at the end of the match.

I hear ya on that one. I know I said I thought Piper was going to win, but he was actually my back-up choice to Sid. There was one thing both my cousin and I were sure on, though - Ric Flair had no chance and was going to lose.

As a kid I kind of thought Max Moon would end up being a big star. He should have been, dammit! He was cool.

I also thought the Bulldog would get a world title run, though that isn't terribly inaccurate I don't guess considering he came within an eyelash of beating Vader in WCW and also of being both Bret and Shawn in the WWF.

Oh another inaccurate hoss prediction, I thought Kurrgan would be someone to watch and was eagerly expecting a big feud with The Undertaker. Actually I'm really glad I was wrong on this one.

Why didn't he, outside of the Rumble elimination thing?

During the height of the angle, I thought The Great Muta was going to be The Black Scorpion based on the 1989 feud with Sting. Paul E even mentions him as someone he thought would be The Black Scoprion on the Starrcade '90 broadcast.

I think the biggest reason was that he sucked.

I also thought Kurt Angle would be a bust. But I thought he would be a dweeby babyface as well when I first saw the promos.

I think the biggest reason was that he sucked.

Since when has that stopped a monster heel push? He had a great imposing look and a great mouthpiece in Cyrus as well. Point taken, though.

I honestly don't know. Maybe they figured they already had Kane and they could only push one monster heel at a time. They did do a half decent job at initially pushing the guy though. I remember he squashed Ahmed Johnson when Johnson was still a semi-credible mid carder. Then all of a sudden, he was dancing awkwardly with Golga and that other tall dude (Giant Silva) and wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

Randy Savage was going to be on Marc Mero's team at Survivor Series 96.

Brian Pillman was going to be in the 1997 Royal Rumble.

In fairness, both of these were stories I heard elsewhere and just ran with. By Survivor Series 1998 I wised up to mystery men generally being people not worth advertising and had a good laugh at all the people chanting "HBK!" before Dwayne Gill came out to face Mankind at Survivor Series 98.