TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL PLAYOFFS! Divisional Demolition

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

I was just referring to the second game, since he was referring to the last eight.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have listed the Bears...but I think the point remains atleast on that second game. Green Bay could still have went for 14-2 with that, and with how things panned out, would be the #1 seed in the NFC...but got beaten.

I'm not trying to attack Green Bay, but I do think this will be a very close game.

Yeah for all the good AJ Smith does, I can't give him "Best GM" tag when he only fired Marty Schottenheimer/hired Norv Turner just because his ego was bruised when more of the credit was being given to Schottenheimer as opposed to him.

Except AJ did not fire Marty. Dean Spanos did. They were all set to bring Marty back another year. That changed when Marty tried to hire his brother Kurt as DC. The Spanos family does not like relatives on the same coaching staff. They gave in once to Marty and allowed him to hire his son as QB coach. They were not going to give in a second time, especially since he was already on thin ice.

I think Gregg Williams will take over as head coach, of course the organization can't come out and say it yet because of the league rule about searching for a new head coach, but Williams was all but promised the position after 2005 when he re-signed as D-coordinator instead of pursuing Head coaching offers he was getting.

They can't honestly want Gregg Williams. Just look at what he did to the Bills when he took over for Wade Phillips.

Didn't they basically promise him the job two or three years ago? I think he's on some ridiculous salary as a coordinator with the understanding that he'd get the team when Gibbs stepped down.

I have two pretty reliable predictions:

One, all the home teams win and two, seeing as how the Patriots game is on Saturday Night,

Czech will be online here posting every 5 minute how he hates the Patriots. Marvin too, unless

he's working a double.

Honestly, whether you like them or hate them, a Super Bowl without the Pats is going to be awfully boring. Of course, we also won't have to endure two weeks of Pats hype, so I guess it's six of one, half dozen of the other.

I just go on a mini football sabbatical for two weeks before the SB and just watch NFL Network's classic SB games and highlights.

Honestly, whether you like them or hate them, a Super Bowl without the Pats is going to be awfully boring. Of course, we also won't have to endure two weeks of Pats hype, so I guess it's six of one, half dozen of the other.

A Superbowl without the Patriots would be EXCELLENT. I guess with the undefeated season thing going on, a Bowl with the Pats will be more exciting than 39 was, but I still have zero interest in watching them win it again. Jags-Cowboys, Jags-Packers, Colts-Packers, Colts-Cowboys would all be good games, and far from boring, especially the latter two.

Hell, if the Pats had lost a game in the regular season, and made it to the Superbowl against any team other than Dallas, I probably wouldn't even watch the game this year.

I think a Jags-Seahawks would be the best Superbore match up.

All the writers material would consist of the weather, David Garrard's suits, will Jack Del Rio coach a Super Bowl in a suit?, and whoever gets fucked up on their way to the Soup

I think a Jags-Seahawks would be the best Superbore match up.

All the writers material would consist of the weather, David Garrard's suits, will Jack Del Rio coach a Super Bowl in a suit?, and whoever gets fucked up on their way to the Soup

And Matt Hasselback is the most underrated QB in the NFL Today! Plus are the Seahawks the next generation of the Buffalo Bills of the 90's?

Jacksonville vs. Seattle is a matchup of death right there. It's ultra boring and frankly wouldn't even be much of a game since the Jags would smoke them. Besides, who the hell thinks Jacksonville is going all that far? Even if they pull off a near impossible feat and beat the Pats they would have nothing left for Indy or SD.

Looking at these matchups, it seems like there should be at least one upset but I think all the favorites will end up winning. As far as who I'm rooting for goes, I want New England, San Diego, Dallas, and Seattle to win. I'll never root for Manning, Manning, and Favre. I really like the Jags, but I want to see the Pats finish the deal and make history.

I'd love to see Patriots/Packers in the Super Bowl, since you have the story of Favre getting one last chance at winning it all against the team he beat 11 years ago for his ring against the undefeated juggernaut that will have beaten all the other top teams this year with Green Bay the only one left. However the media coverage would be relentless for that matchup and hard to withstand.