TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NFL Offseason Thread

Giants 2008 Schedule: (No dates or times yet obviously)

Home:

Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina

Road:

Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, St Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota

No reason not to win double digits with that lineup

Guest Blue Man Czech
Mercury Morris has pulled out of all further public appearances and speaking engagements because he has received a high number of death threats, thus cancelling the interview I was going to listen to on the radio today. It's not wicked hahd to guess where most of those threats must be coming from. Stay classy.

Did the death threats come from someone in his neighborhood or someone on his block?

Retarded death threats or not, I am glad that the future may hold less Mercury Morris.

Ridiculous. From whom would you rather hear? Give me inspired braggodocio over "we're taking it one game at a time" every time. It's rare that an athlete has anything interesting to say. Treasure these types.

Ridiculous. From whom would you rather hear? Give me inspired braggodocio over "we're taking it one game at a time" every time. It's rare that an athlete has anything interesting to say. Treasure these types.

I don't really feel the need to hear from any athlete, let alone a platoon running back from a team that was relevant 40 years ago.

Only Bledsoe and Testaverde.

Drew has probably thrown his phone into the pool to avoid Parcells calling him again. Vinny meanwhile is probably calling Parcells cause I guess he has gambling debts to pay off or something.

Gonna be weird to see him in another uni. At least he won't kill Laveranues Coles anymore, unless he signs with like New England or something.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'd love to see those assholes pay a fortune for an undersized injured over the hill LB who was never THAT great in the first place. It's going to bite them in the ass eventually. I'd like to see the Bears push Urlacher's wheelchair towards Boston in about 3 more seasons.

From espn.com

The Atlanta Falcons continued their franchise makeover in earnest on Friday, releasing tight eend Alge Crumpler, qaurterback quarterback Byron Leftwich, offensive tackle Wayne Gandy and four other players.

Teh team also announced it had released cornerback Lewis Sanders, wide receiver Jamin Elliott, linebacker Marcus Wilkins and defensive tackle Rod Coleman.

LMFAO!!!!

Are they fucking kidding me? They release Crumpler? yeah...how about we release the only other guy offense that can catch the ball. fuck outta here. thats just plain stupid. Any team that signs him would be getting a great blocking/playmaking TE.

And Rod Colman? Really? Yes, he was hurt last year, but he just came off what should have been back to back pro bowl years and was the key to our defense. The new coaching staff thinks they should be stronger up the middle and cuts the best defensive lineman and leave that piece of shit Kieth Brooking on the team.

Wow.

Guest Vitamin X

Green Bay would be happy to have Alge Crumpler as a complement to the receiving skills of Donald Lee, especially after passing up Greg Olsen last year for thus-far worthless DT Justin Harrell.

Green Bay would be happy to have Alge Crumpler as a complement to the receiving skills of Donald Lee, especially after passing up Greg Olsen last year for thus-far worthless DT Justin Harrell.

I don't see Crumpler going somewhere to be a complementary player when he can be the man in a place like Seattle or Carolina.

I don't see Crumpler going somewhere to be a complementary player when he can be the man in a place like Seattle or Carolina.

You seem to forget a certain guy by the name Steve Smith...

Don't you have Jerramy Stevens, Alex Smith and Anthony Becht?

Yes. But Becht is past his prime and Stevens is a walking PR nightmare with butter fingers. I don't think the Bucs would pick him up and I definitely wouldn't advocate breaking the bank for the guy, but I like the idea of surrounding our weak-armed, Favre-aged QB with guys who can turn short passes into long gains. Within the division, I'd say he'd be more likely to end up in Carolina or New Orleans, though.

You seem to forget a certain guy by the name Steve Smith...

I meant the man at his position. I would never forget Steve Smith. Anyways, I think Crumpler would work pretty well with Smith, as Smith hasn't had a reliable target across from since Keyshawn or maybe Mushin Muhammad.

Guest Vitamin X

Sorry, I just got caught up in the excitement of the bidding war and wanted to find a fit for him on my favorite team as well.

I wouls like to point out the comedy of cutting a guy who has been a rock solid player for the team since he has been here because one coach, who happened to quit on you mid season, had a problem with him.

Its not like there are plenty of Pro Bowl caliber TE's just floating around out there. I understand cutting a guy you can actually replace, but Crump is probably a top 5-8 TE in the game. Unless they think Kellen Winslow is about to get cut or something, what the hell are they thinking?