TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NFL Offseason Thread

Guest LME
Jim Zorn named Redskins head coach, the same Zorn who was named Redskins offensive coordinator just a few weeks ago. What a fittingly loopy ending to this loopy saga.

No doubt this went down quite embarrassingly. However, if it works no one will care. I remember the Bucs' coaching search in 2002 was considered a debacle. I think that ended quite nicely for them. How about the Pats' search in 2000?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing Zorn to Gruden or Belichek (both were way more qualified at the time). How-evah </Stephen A.>, getting the right guy in place is worth any amount of public embarrassment. Whether or not Zorn's the right guy only time will tell. It'll be fun finding out either way.

Did anyone else watch the Pro Bowl?

This was the first time in a few years that I watched the whole game and it actually wasn't too bad.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining, I guess. After the disappointment of not getting the Redskins head coaching job, I was fortunate enough to be named MVP of the Pro Bowl, on account of my being the only person bored enough to watch the whole game. Whatta a honor.

I am ok with Zorn as a head coach and I think a WCO or modified WCO is a good system for Jason Campbell, it is more the idea of the team starting all over again and learning a brand new scheme AGAIN, that has me bummed. At least the Defense is going to mainly stay within the same scheme.

Chris Mortenson reports that that Eagles are gona go after Randy Moss supposedly they will offer 40 million over 5-6 years, with a ton of guarentees. I was hoping the Eagles would go after Larry Fitzgerald but I would take Moss in a heartbeat

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Oh terrific. I can't wait for the infighting on THAT team when Moss' stats are cut in half, not to mention playing in a more physical and competitive division. That rumor gives me a stiffy.

I am all for it if it is one of those long-term deals that is really just a fancied up 1 year deal. Otherwise, well we know how well it went last time that McNabb did the sales pitch to get a receiver in there.

I am all for it if it is one of those long-term deals that is really just a fancied up 1 year deal. Otherwise, well we know how well it went last time that McNabb did the sales pitch to get a receiver in there.

To be fair, I can't see Moss throwing McNabb under the bus like T.O. did.

To be fair, I can't see Moss throwing McNabb under the bus like T.O. did.

That trade to get Trent Green didn't work out particularly well for Miami. The highlight of his tenure with the team was him being kneed in the helmet.

Oh, and the Panthers cut Dan Morgan. It'll be interesting to see if anyone picks him up, as he has a history of concussions and has missed a lot of time over the years.

Chris Mortenson reports that that Eagles are gona go after Randy Moss supposedly they will offer 40 million over 5-6 years, with a ton of guarentees. I was hoping the Eagles would go after Larry Fitzgerald but I would take Moss in a heartbeat

I could see the Eagles offering big money for Asante Samuel, but not Moss.

If they acquire a receiver it'll be either 1) through a trade or 2) via free agency.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eagles management attempted to bring in someone like Javon Walker (a likely cut) or re-sign Donte Stallworth. Regardless, I'm in favor of the team actually getting McNabb and company some offensive weapons.

Guest Vitamin X
Oh, and the Panthers cut Dan Morgan. It'll be interesting to see if anyone picks him up, as he has a history of concussions and has missed a lot of time over the years.

My money's on the Patriots.

Guest Blue Man Czech

Mercury Morris has pulled out of all further public appearances and speaking engagements because he has received a high number of death threats, thus cancelling the interview I was going to listen to on the radio today. It's not wicked hahd to guess where most of those threats must be coming from. Stay classy.

Mercury Morris has pulled out of all further public appearances and speaking engagements because he has received a high number of death threats, thus cancelling the interview I was going to listen to on the radio today. It's not wicked hahd to guess where most of those threats must be coming from. Stay classy.

Did the death threats come from someone in his neighborhood or someone on his block?

Retarded death threats or not, I am glad that the future may hold less Mercury Morris.