TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NFL Offseason Thread

Tom Coughlin is about to sign a 4 year extention worth over $20 million, making him the league's 2nd highest paid coach. Who's the first?

I guess coaching contracts in the NFL are as nebulous as the players' since I can't find a definitive list, but I think it's Mike Holmgren.

I am going to be pissed if Samuel doesn't sign in the next half hour, because I want to go to sleep.

The rumor around here is that he has an agreement with the Eagles, but so did LeCharles Bentley. So I'll believe it when I see it.

I am going to be pissed if Samuel doesn't sign in the next half hour, because I want to go to sleep.

The rumor around here is that he has an agreement with the Eagles, but so did LeCharles Bentley. So I'll believe it when I see it.

Have you been on the EMB within the past hour?

Just went there for the first time a second ago, just to see if it had turned into a madhouse yet. 65 pages within an hour and a half to two hours off the GCobb report was enough to show that yes indeed it had become a zoo.

Texans resigned Andre Davis to a 4 year deal. I'm glad they got the deal done, but it sounds like they overpaid. Sixteen million for a #3 receiver and kick returner, with $8 million guaranteed? Ugh. Still, good to have at least one potential weak point shored up. Now just a LT, a secondary, an every down RB, a center who can play more than 4 weeks without getting hurt, and maybe an LB or two and we'll be ready to go to camp.

Texans resigned Andre Davis to a 4 year deal. I'm glad they got the deal done, but it sounds like they overpaid. Sixteen million for a #3 receiver and kick returner, with $8 million guaranteed? Ugh. Still, good to have at least one potential weak point shored up. Now just a LT, a secondary, an every down RB, a center who can play more than 4 weeks without getting hurt, and maybe an LB or two and we'll be ready to go to camp.

When I first read this I thought it was referring to Andre Johnson and was like "# 3 receiver". Than i realized it was the old browns receiver, and am trying to figure out how he got 8 million guarenteed.

I want his agent!

Guest Vitamin X

The Packers are getting either the Browns' 2nd or 3rd round draft picks for Corey Williams. Not really sure who comes out winning in that situation, although I hope it's a 2nd rounder at least.

The Packers are getting either the Browns' 2nd or 3rd round draft picks for Corey Williams. Not really sure who comes out winning in that situation, although I hope it's a 2nd rounder at least.

We have to force Justin Harrell into the line up some how, we trade enough talented players ahead of him on the depth chart and !!voila!! instant starter

Kinetic's news softens the blow for me though

I love when someone says something so stupid, it lets you know you can ignore everything they ever say again.

Discussing the deal, Ike Reese (he's become a local talking head since retiring) said he would not have signed Samuel, instead he would have signed Jerry Porter as his big priority today and gone after a lesser CB. Disregarding the stupid money Porter got, what the hell has Jerry Porter done to be anyone's priority?

Eagles sign Samuel for 6 yrs, no terms yet. Also sounds like Chris Clemons is all but signed and will be in tomorrow.

Going to be interesting to see how the next domino falls with Lito.

ESPN just said it was $57 million.

They have certainly been busy in the last 48 hours or so. I didn't hear of either the Jenkins or Faneca deals until they went down.

Does this move make the Jets O-Line their best strength at the moment? It better be for what they have poured into that left side in the past few offseasons. It would be a nice wall to run behind if they had someone who could run behind it.

It's looking good but we could still use another tackle. Right now they should be focusing on getting another pass rusher (maybe through the draft), another inside linebacker, and seeing what they could get for Robertson, although he wouldn't be a bad defensive end while rotating at DT every now and then.

Giants have already lost 3 free agents today

Kawika Mitchell signed with the Bills

Reggie Torbor signed with the Dolphins.

Gibril Wilson signed with the Raiders

Nothing huge.

Wilson really hasn't done shit since his rookie season and Torbor is merely a part.

I liked Mitchell though

I think that Reese and Spagnuola can pick up where they left off. No major losses, and I expect Strahan is coming back. Don't forget Mathias Kiwanuka will be coming back off injury.

I also figure that Derrick Ward is a gonner, with the emergence of Bradshaw after he went down.

The Broncos released Javon Walker, which is kind of surprising considering the season he had in '06, but it sounds like he wanted out, so that's 5 million less the Broncos have to worry about now. Ian Gold was also released, which isn't shocking as the guy has steadily deteriorated since returning to the team a couple years ago.

Looking like we dealt Shaun Rogers to the Browns for Leigh Bodden and a third instead. I like this trade much better. Who knows what the hell Cleveland is doing trading their first 3 picks.