TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NFL Offseason Thread

Guest Tzar Lysergic

No way they sign an even slightly costly FA QB. Don't be surprised to see them claim someone with a little experience off waivers. David Carr, maybe? Worst case scenario, maybe.

David Carr is awful. Leftwich or Culpepper would be better additions, in my opinion. It'd probably be wise for them to use a 2nd day pick on a QB.

Behind Rodgers, they've got Craig Nall and someone called Dalton Bell on their depth chart. So they clearly need to acquire a QB with some experience to back Rodgers up and then draft a guy. David Carr may not be in the league next year, he was so bad in Carolina. There's almost no market for Culpepper right now, so he wouldn't be particularly costly. It just seems like a better move to me.

EDIT: You know what, the Bucs play Green Bay next year. I'm with Agent. Sign and start David Carr.

I think they should give Rodgers a chance... I mean you can't have him sit behind Favre for all these years just for nothing. He knows the system better then anyone who they will sign and draft.

I would say sign Trent Green as an insurence policy.

Guest Vitamin X

I made the same point EHME said a while back, earlier in this thread. Rodgers signed a five year contract as a rookie, and has spent three of those five years sitting behind Favre. One more season, and then Rodgers would become a hell of an expensive salary cap hit if he's as good as he's looked in small flashes.

But, on the bright side, this is going to clear up a LOT of salary cap space.

Guest Beastalentier

Second-hand underground news regarding Cedric Benson:

Word is the leg injury was pretty serious and they fear he's going to lose a step. If that happens he can't play in the league. Benson is a decent kid. He's not evil or anything. It's just that football doesn't mean enough to him. He viewed getting to the NFL as achieving his goal and is just one of those guys who kind of retired once he got the money. He doesn't work hard enough to succeed in the NFL and people around the league know it.

Mendenhall's looking like a virtual certainty to me.

Trent Green supposedly visited with the Saints, I seen on some random blotter today, forgive the source lack.

Jaime Martin is a free agent (good) and I really like Tyler Palko's potential. I really am not in favor of having a walking calamity in my teams clutches. Hopefully Sean Payton will be more QB smart than that.

I'm shocked that Favre actually retired.

Will the NFL do the right thing and make every team wear a #4 on their helmets this season?

Guest Beastalentier

I'm not totally convinced that Brett Favre wouldn't be wearing a #4 sticker on his helmet in 2008, though.

Guest Vitamin X

While riding his lawn mower in Mississippi?

I'm pretty sure if it's for real. He's not Football Clemens. He's had plenty of time to think about this and doing it.

Daaaaamn. That's stupid.

You know how in the other thread we were listing the worst moment as a fan for our favorite teams? I wanted to do something for the Raiders but I would have to just keep updating it every day and I don't have that kind of time.