TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kawalimus

My Cat just chewed through my headphones wire

I paid FORTY DOLLARS for those goddamn things!! And he just chews right through em ANd now I gotta buy ANOTHER PAIR. THIS PISSES ME OFF!!

Sorry I just have to rant here. I love my cats but sometimes they just do things that makes me wish they were dead!! LIke this!!

Well this just teaches you to put your shit away.

hehe good kitty.

IF THERE ARE MEN IN MY WIFE'S ROOM WEARING LESS THAN A FUCKING TURTLENECK, I WILL SHAKE YOUR FOUNDATION. I WILL SHAKE THE FUCKING RAFTERS. NOBODY WILL EVER BE THE SAME.

I had a kitten slice through my headphones' wire with one claw once. She jumped on me, and the music suddenly stopped.

Yep that's what happened I was using them when he did it! It wouldn't mattered if I put it away or not. But now I gotta put another 50 dollars in the drain.

Don't worry though I didn't let it go unpunished. I had em seeing if I could salvage em and he came over to sniff it so I kicked him right in the face.

A roommate's cat did this to me repeatedly, with headphones, computer "mice," and video game controllers. I refused to buy a new computer mouse at the time, so I had to learn how to operate my computer with the keyboard only. I hated that fucking cat.

Yep that's what happened I was using them when he did it! It wouldn't mattered if I put it away or not. But now I gotta put another 50 dollars in the drain.

Don't worry though I didn't let it go unpunished. I had em seeing if I could salvage em and he came over to sniff it so I kicked him right in the face.

I hope he pisses in your mouth while you sleep.

My cat has chewed through 3 xbox live headset cords. It only takes him about one second to snip it in half and he did it 3 times while I was playing.

But shit happens.

Guest LME
Baltimore isn't very well represented at TSM.

Quality or quantity?

Baltimore is under-represented?

That's because it smells like Baltimore in Baltimore. Yuck.

Good ol' Dundalk smell. Ahhh, smell the hopelessness.

Hey, buddy, I like Baltimore. But we get some of that town's dumbest residents here. At least Marvin and Kawlinnus aren't murderous twits, I guess.

Do Rob Roblin & Tom Tasselmeyer still grace television sets over there?

Next headphones I get I'm gonna coat it in some kind of spicy oil. That way when he plays with it he'll get burnt.

I kicked him but I didn't kick him to hurt him. I kicked him to communicate a message to him. Like when my other cat hits him in the face when he annoys her. She doesn't want to rip his eyes out but she is telling him NO!!! I'd would just tell him no too, but he can't understand when I talk. So I had to show I am upset with him.

I would never hurt him or my other cat.

And in case you wanted to know, he does claw me in my sleep sometimes :D , but not out of anger he is just playing. I don't kick him for that though only if he breaks something expensive.

Guest LME
'Fuckers probably reppin Natty Boh, too. Give me a break.

Natty Boh. The beer to have after you've had ten or eleven good beers...and five or six okay beers. Even then, you're taking your chances.

Hey, buddy, I like Baltimore. But we get some of that town's dumbest residents here. At least Marvin and Kawlinnus aren't murderous twits, I guess.

Honestly, the fact that they can sometimes type in complete sentences places them far ahead of a lot of people around here. Marvin's actually a moderate Ravens fan compared to some of that fan base.

Guest Vitamin X

Murderous, maybe not. But twits, certainly.

My cat rips through catnip toys within minutes and carries it around in his mouth all over the place leaving a mess of catnip everywhere.......having a hardwood floor makes it more noticeable......

He tried to have a go with the wire that connects the wii sensor bar but I stuffed that wire under and around the TV stand so he can't get to it because it is a very thin wire which would take my cat less then a second to destroy.

I kicked him but I didn't kick him to hurt him. I kicked him to communicate a message to him. Like when my other cat hits him in the face when he annoys her. She doesn't want to rip his eyes out but she is telling him NO!!! I'd would just tell him no too, but he can't understand when I talk. So I had to show I am upset with him.

The problem with this method of "training" is that cats are "in the moment" animals. As in, you have to punish it WHILE it's doing what you don't like, not five minutes or five hours after the fact. Usually a squirt with a water bottle or a loud "NO!" will do the trick - no need for physicality. What you did is just going to confuse the hell out of him and make him think that he probably shouldn't go around you at all. ;)

I've been pretty lucky with mine. He's loud and fucking annoying sometimes when he won't shut up.. but he's never destroyed anything. No wires, no furnature, nothing.