TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFC Championship: Packers vs. Giants

Guest Smues

So either Whitney wins a superbowl, or the Patriots win their 4th in 7 years? Great. Not only am I done with the NFL this season, I don't see a reason to come back next year.

Now that was something. I really didn't want either team to win but I suppose this is better than the MSM Quarterback Wet Dream Bowl.

For the love of God, let them go to the locker room to celebrate and not to do the on the field trophy presentation nonsense. Never understand why they do this when the road team wins.

Patriots vs. Giants. Worst Super Bowl ever (opinion, I don't care about any justification).

My thoughts exactly.

Go Giants, I guess. :throwup:

Superbowl is going to pop huge ratings, despite the crying in this thread.

And Eli has been exceptional this postseason.

Umm, it's the Super Bowl so isn't that a given anyway?

Here we were just counting down the passes til Farve blew it. You could see it coming the way he was throwing the ball the entire second half and paying more attention to his snot rag than reads.

At this point New England against a pop warner team would draw a rating.

Too bad the Giants already gave their best and still lost to New England

Guest Vitamin X
Level II: The Stomach Punch

Definition: Now we've moved into rarefied territory, any roller-coaster game that ends with A) an opponent making a pivotal (sometimes improbable) play, or B) one of your guys failing in the clutch ... usually ends with fans filing out after the game in stunned disbelief, if they can even move at all ... always haunting, sometimes scarring ... there are degrees to the Stomach Punch Game, depending on the situation ... for instance, Sunday's Kings-Lakers game and Monday's Celts-Nets game featured agonizing endings, but they weren't nearly as agonizing as Cleveland's Earnest Byner fumbling against Denver when he was about two yards and 0.2 seconds away from sending the Browns to the Super Bowl).

This is on the level here of maybe the Falcons beating the Vikings at home, then getting massacred in the Super Bowl by the Broncos. I want a terrorist attack in Glendale a couple weeks from now. This is the only satisfactory outcome, well, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots go 19-0.

Guest NYankees
Patriots vs. Giants. Worst Super Bowl ever (opinion, I don't care about any justification).

Oooo it's going to be any worse than Redskins vrs Broncos, or Cowboys vrs Bills 2 or 49'ers vrs Chargers?

I would have preferred the fresh matchup, but this looks like it could be the better game. It's Boston vs. New York (even though they play in New Jersey) yet again!

But no one would be crying like this if the Packers had won, you see.

Funny how it was basically a close loss to the Pats that really jumpstarted the Giants and now they're probably gonna get rolled in the rematch.

Here we were just counting down the passes til Farve blew it. You could see it coming the way he was throwing the ball the entire second half and paying more attention to his snot rag than reads.

So Al Harris is getting no blame?

He's the reason Favre had to resort to gunslinger tatics...

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I can't explain how delicious this is to me right now.

Nothing has gone my way this season until now.

The Packers, in Lambeau. THE FROZEN TUNDRA, in overtime, in arguably the best season of legend veteran QB Favre's career, in the kind of situation that makes him a legend, fucking CHOKES in the highest order and gives a lousy placekicker the win and a trip to the Superbowl.

Yeah it will, but it would have done better with Favre in there.

And to everyone with their panties in a bunch, it should at least be a good football game. The Giants gave them a scare in that Saturday night game and they're on a major roll right now. Add to that the fact that the Pats haven't exactly been dominating anyone lately and we should be looking at a competitive game.

For the love of God, let them go to the locker room to celebrate and not to do the on the field trophy presentation nonsense. Never understand why they do this when the road team wins.

Hey how about that, they had a back up plan for once.

I'm not sure, seems like a lot of Giant fans in here as well. We would just be seeing more crying for the head of Tynes, the execution of Tom Coughlin and utter hatred of having to listen to another two weeks of Farve love from the media.

I mean a huge rating in comparison to other Super Bowls.

If anything I think Favre is more likely to shit the bed than Eli is because he's that close to making it back to the big game. I could EASILY see him throwing 2 or more picks by trying to do too much.

I told you :)

I can't explain how delicious this is to me right now.

Nothing has gone my way this season until now.

The Packers, in Lambeau. THE FROZEN TUNDRA, in overtime, in arguably the best season of legend veteran QB Favre's career, in the kind of situation that makes him a legend, fucking CHOKES in the highest order and gives a lousy placekicker the win and a trip to the Superbowl.

that's an overstatement