TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 1.15.08

As soon as I call this "probably the most consistently good wrestling show on national TV" on Smart Mark Radio, and they give us this.

As soon as I call this "probably the most consistently good wrestling show on national TV" on Smart Mark Radio, and they give us this.

?

So far, it's been pretty much what we've been getting the last few weeks...

A Miz/Morrison tag match

A diva segment/match

A Colin Delaney squash

A Punk/Chavo main event.

Surprisingly no 'Aint no stopping me now!', yet.

There it is.

?

So far, it's been pretty much what we've been getting the last few weeks...

Not just that but Punk looks good against Edge, holding his own and not looking like a lesser guy. Chavo's expressions were good in attacking Punk, aligning with Edge even though he detests him for his relationship with Vicki That was a really good segment. Colin does another good murdered bump session. Aside from a lesser tag match then what we had over the past couple of weeks, it's been the same solid stuff per usual.

Another good squash for Benjamin. He still needs a different finisher. The exploder was just fine. He also needs to drop the "AINT NO STOPPIN' ME, NOW!" bit.

Kudos to Shelton ad libbing and re-hitting the spot.

Which spot in particular?

Looked like he complete missed his finisher first time around. So he retried.

Allow me to clarify.

The format was essentially the same, but the matches outside of Chavo-Punk were boring. And considering they ran an ad on Raw announcing Chavo vs. Punk and did a challenge on the opening segment...sure, it was a good segment, but it didn't actually accomplish anything since the point, signing Punk vs. Chavo, was made before the show ever went on the air.

I think they've done a great job over the past month of building up towards a Chavo/Punk title match and now we have Edge/Punk feud in the works. Now that Edge is involved, there is a good chance Chavo wins the ECW title. One thing that confuses me is why Edge and Chavo are aligning themselves after what happened at the beginning of SmackDown.

ECW reminds me a lot of the WCW Power Hour, mostly squash matches with a good feature at the end. The WWE has done well making each brand have its own identity. Although, I could do without the dance-offs every week.

Nice to Highlanders out there this week.

Shelton really needs to stop the "Ain't no stopping me now" bit. I cringe when I hear it coming.

Colin Delaney is great and Tazz interviewing him before each match makes the segment more interesting to watch.

I think the Edge/Punk interplay is just setting up a reason for Punk to be included in the RR without totally shitting on the ECW title in the process. Personally I'd much rather see a Edge/Punk feud than an Edge/Undertaker feud. Taker just bores the hell out of me lately and he needs a fresh opponent. I'd rather see Undertaker vs MVP and Edge vs Punk if I was playing bookerman...

Punk main eventing WM right now? I can't really see it. He needs to be on Raw or SD for a while before doing any serious PPV main eventing. I can actually see Edge costing Punk the ECW title though and then Chavo can be an amusing yes man to Edge on SD.

I think they've done a great job over the past month of building up towards a Chavo/Punk title match and now we have Edge/Punk feud in the works. Now that Edge is involved, there is a good chance Chavo wins the ECW title. One thing that confuses me is why Edge and Chavo are aligning themselves after what happened at the beginning of SmackDown.

Chavo didn't want to align with Edge. He was hesitant and looked as if he felt sick for assisting in the Punk beatdown. Chavo isn't winning the title. They'll set up a Rey/Punk Vs Chavo/Edge tag on ECW or Smackdown next week. What worked here is that the energy between Punk and Edge was good and it planted seeds for something down the road between the two.

The notion of Punk/Edge at WM is hilarious.

My favorite part of the show was seeing my friend on camera the whole time. He was the black guy dressed in red holding up such signs as, "Punk/Guererro III", "Anton", and "Sexy Shaman".

This guy:

l_2bbd33765a63ac1150e4e8b3987a2d2a.jpg

We're getting Punk/Benjamin this sunday at the SD/ECW house show Im going to, which makes me hopeful for Punk/Benjamin in the future, say at WM.

We're also getting Edge/Batista (I guess Rey doesnt do house shows anymore), random diva crap, the same Tag Title match thats been happening for the last 2 months, Flair vs Mark Henry and I think Elijjah Burke has a match too..

Funny thing, the local paper hyped up the show on Sunday with a large full page picture of Tommy Dreamer and the caption "WWF WRESTLING RETURNS TO DELMARVA!" They've been hyping the show as the first time ever in Salisbury for Smackdown/ECW despite the fact we had an ECW only House show in August of 2006 and SD was here in 03 and Raw was here in 04.

We're also getting Edge/Batista (I guess Rey doesnt do house shows anymore), random diva crap, the same Tag Title match thats been happening for the last 2 months, Flair vs Mark Henry and I think Elijjah Burke has a match too..

Latest Observer says Rey got himself a reduced house show schedule because he didn't think his body could hold up to a full-time schedule anymore.

Why does Tazz keep doing this to Colin? At some point, Colin will snap and go after Tazz.

HAHAHAHAAHAH!!!! "The Psycho Boy" Colin Delany!!!!

Well Edge/ Punk Sounds Intriguing.... it could be Punk vs Edge At Mania....