TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 82: Pride of A Champion

Anyone use the Yahoo stream? Unfortunately, I have to intern now and my station is too cheap to spring for the fight as well as don't care about MMA

I don't think anyone can help you because I believe this is the first PPV for the online stream.

And I'm with Curry... I like Dan and all but he has to lose.

i have tickets. i can't wait for this!

*edit*

update on the ticket situation. they were in section 209 row m.

my friend just called me and got 4 free tickets from some guy who works for ufc.

section 120. row a.

right by the fighters entrance. my ugly mug is going to be on PPV.

look out for the cactus jack tshirt ;)

Picks, call em now

Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson

-I like Dan here. If he can't stop him no one can

Cheick Kongo vs Heath Herring

-I've spent way too much time thinking over this fight, but I just rewatched Kongo vs Cro Cop and that helped

Yushin Okami vs Evan Tanner

-Maybe it's just wishful thinking

Jon Finch vs Chris Wilson

-c'mon

Alessio Sakara vs Chris Leben

-other than Silva seems like people have a hard time rocking Leben

Andrei Arlovski vs Jake O'Brien

Luke Cummo vs Luigi Fioravanti

-I like Luke...what can I say

Josh Koscheck vs Justin Hazelett

-Kos by boredom

Diego Sanchez vs David Bielkheden

-Can't say I know the other guy

Jorge Gurgel vs John Halverson

-*see above

I normally wouldn't agree with a Sherdog article but when they talk about how there's two Henderson's that can show up they're correct. If we get the one that beat Wanderlei and went hard with Rampage show up it'll be a rough night for Anderson, especially if early on it's established that Henderson can effectively take him down and maintain position. If the Hendo that looked positively average against Bustamante, Kondo and Misaki shows up he is likely in for 25 minutes of pain or even his first stoppage loss.

Guest Warriorfan

Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson

Henderson RD 4 KO

Henderson has fought better fighters and has a better skill set than all of the opponents Silva has faced. The only thing that worries me about Henderson's chances is his claim that the "clinch is where he will win the fight". I see Hollywood surviving the clinches and getting Silva down and frustrating him, he will hold his own in the early stand up exchanges and rock Silva with a left.

Cheick Kongo vs Heath Herring

Herring 3rd RD KO 2:54

I'm torn because both men had impressive moments against top flight opposition. With that said I think Herring is in better shape and will avenge the mental lapse that costs him the biggest win of his career.

Yushin Okami vs Evan Tanner

Okami by submission RD 2 3:35

Tanner scores a takedown and gets careless, Okami by Kimura.

Jon Finch vs Chris Wilson

Finch by decision.

Alessio Sakara vs Chris Leben

Sakara by decision.

I think Sakara scores the upset and mixes up striking with takedowns.

Andrei Arlovski vs Jake O'Brien

Arlovski by decision

In the past Arlovski should KO O'Brien with ease but after his string of lackluster performances he has to make a believer again.

Luke Cummo vs Luigi Fioravanti

Cummo by 3rd RD KO 2:09

Josh Koscheck vs Justin Hazelett

Koscheck by Decision

Diego Sanchez vs David Bielkheden

Sanchez by 2nd RD KO 1:45

Jorge Gurgel vs John Halverson

Gurgel by decision

The official results are as follows:

Main Card

Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson - via decision

- Henderson tries to stand and bang with Silva in the first 1 1/2 rounds and gets caught but not finished. He'll smarten up, take the fight to the ground and grind out a win. Post fight, Henderson's face will look like he lost.

Heath Herring vs. Cheick Kongo - via decision

-Like Henderson, Herring will try to stand and trade, smarten up, take Kongo down and grind out a JD

Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara - via TKO, round 3

-Leben will eventually put Sakara on his back and score a GNP victory

Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner - via decision

-Okami will control the fight but won't be able to finish and will settle for the UD

Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson - via RNC, round 2

-Fitch will eventually take him to the ground, force Wilson to give up his back and score the win with a RNC

Preliminary Card

Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O’Brien - via KO, round 1

-Arlovski is going to come out banging and will eventually tag O'Brien

Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti - via decision

-I don't know much about Mario's brother. Cummo has been constantly improving. I'll give it to him.

Dustin Hazelett vs. Josh Koscheck - via Triangle, round 2

-Upset of the night. I wholeheartedly agree that normally Kos would easily put Hazelett on his back at will and grind out the LNP victory. However, I see Kos taking some chances in this fight that he normally doesn't while looking for the new contract and I see it costing him.

David Bielkheden vs. Diego Sanchez - via TKO, round 1

-Diego looks like he's in his best shape ever and is looking to murder someone. Interesting note, despite a lacklustre 12-5 record, Bielkheden has only ever lost via decision.

Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson - via KO, round 2

-I don't care for Jorge and just want to see him get KO'ed

Holy Fuck!

They gave Lesnar Mark Coleman.

How exactly can Coleman beat Lesnar? But wow - Brock gets to club the first heavyweight champ and a hall of famer to death. That's one way to rebound him.

Guest ChikoDemono
Holy Fuck!

They gave Lesnar Mark Coleman.

How exactly can Coleman beat Lesnar? But wow - Brock gets to club the first heavyweight champ and a hall of famer to death. That's one way to rebound him.

If Coleman somehow defeats Lesnar, it might be the end of that dream for Brock.

Guest ChikoDemono

Which is a little sad, considering Okami defeated a broken-down Tanner. At least he didn't lose by cuts, this time, though.

I really think this match didn't show Okami's skill too much. Tanner was just trying to keep up and he obviously couldn't.

Guest ChikoDemono

Chris Leben is still around!? Good lord. This will be a sloppy bar fight that I will love.

Guest ChikoDemono

Chris Leben reminds me of Tank Abbott, except with a little more stamina and a bigger mouth. Of course, no matter what, the man is not afraid of swinging. I still cannot believe Sakara did not try to punch while Leben stopped everything and dropped his guard just to kick.

The guy on the cell phone in Herring's corner looking at himself on the big screen is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

Guest ChikoDemono

Speaking of dumb, God I hope Herring stays on Kongo if he has him down. He says he learned from the Nog incident; we'll see.

Guest ChikoDemono

Not bad for a heavyweight round. They did things other than the typical, "Punch, Breathe" routine of other heavyweights.

Guest ChikoDemono

When Herring was on his back and Kongo was standing there, I was hoping for a Sakuraba-esque cartwheel into a guard. Or maybe, a flying stomp. Kongo, you disappoint me, sir.

Flawless. What a performance.

Almost knocked him out and then he choked him out.

Motherfucking unstoppable.

Guest Warriorfan

Incredible! Henderson gets stopped by Silva after surviving battles with Nog, Wanderlai and Rampage. I guess a weight gain program is in order as Silva attempts to unify the belts by winning at 205!

I will say this about the Herring fight: the post interview was absolutely incredible. The fight itself was very, very hard to watch.