TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

No Way Out

Juding by what we've got so far:

Randy Orton vs. John Cena

Edge vs. Rey Mysterio

Raw Elimination Chamber: HHH, Jeff Hardy, JBL, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, and Umaga

Smackdown Elimination Chamber: Finlay, Undertaker, Big Daddy V, The Great Khali, MVP, and Batista

Ric Flair vs. Ken Kennedy

Can they add anything else to this? I'm guessing Chavo/Punk and maybe a women's match, but will there be room for anything else?

But they're called spoilers for a reason champ.

edit: Sorry to come across like a dick.

No need to apologize... I'll correct it.

I'm sorry, but - I wish WWE would get rid of the No Way Out PPV all together. It gets worse and worse as the years go by. There's all this hype and preparation for the Royal Rumble, which leads into the "road to Wrestlemania". But all of that gets interrupted by another PPV with bullshit matches that takes away from the hype of WM, instead of adding to it. They could as easily build WM on their THREE shows a week, and not bother with the nonsensical No Way Out show.

I agree, it's a pointless show. Year in and year out NWO as a PPV serves two purposes: 1. It crowns a #1 contender for the other brand. 2. They have the usual idiotic match where the Rumble winner puts his shot on the line for no reason.

NWO is a better PPV when it doesn't try to be anything substantial. Last year's show was weak for the most part, but at least it was part of the overall story leading to WM (Batista turning on UT). It is the most filler PPV on the schedule, so treat it as such. Use it to develop things that will pay off at WM, but don't have such blow away matches that it upstages WM.

I'm sorry, but - I wish WWE would get rid of the No Way Out PPV all together. It gets worse and worse as the years go by. There's all this hype and preparation for the Royal Rumble, which leads into the "road to Wrestlemania". But all of that gets interrupted by another PPV with bullshit matches that takes away from the hype of WM, instead of adding to it. They could as easily build WM on their THREE shows a week, and not bother with the nonsensical No Way Out show.

But this is like the best NWO card ever.

No Way Out is one of those hit or miss 2nd rate PPVs like Backlash, but for the most part No Way Out has been good over the years IMO. I'll be attending this year like I did back in 2001. :)

But this is like the best NWO card ever.

It'll be hard to top 2001's version.

Guest DCH

Judging by the fact that out of 3 hours half the show is the two chamber matches, there won't be much else. BUT WHAT ABOUT ECW, WILL THEY WRAP BARBED WIRE AROUND THE CHAMBER AND MAKE IT EXTREME? THEN WE'LL HAVE SOME MORE HUGE FUCKS IN THAT ONE. One chamber is enough. Two is overkill. I'm wanting some diva action though.

2001:

-- Big Show defeated Raven to win the Hardcore Title

-- Chris Jericho defeated Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and X-Pac in a Fatal 4-Way Match to retain the Intercontinental Title

-- Stephanie McMahon defeated Trish Stratus

-- Triple H defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin in a 3 Stages of Hell Match

-- Steven Richards defeated Jerry Lawler

-- The Dudley Boys defeated Edge & Christian and The Undertaker & Kane in a Triple Threat Table Match to retain the Tag Team Titles

-- The Rock defeated Kurt Angle to win the WWF Title

What I would do is switch NWO from the February PPV to the January PPV now that New Year's Revolution is gone and move The Royal Rumble up to where NWO used to be. That gives you ample time to build to Wrestlemania from the Rumble, not too long and not too short. As of right now there is way too much time between the Rumble and WM to build with all the TV time and another PPV. So that's why you switch them.

What they're doing now is the right idea, they aren't trying to drag a feud with a predictable outcome out for months(Cena vs Orton). They're getting it over with right now.

I don't care for that idea at all but have no adequate reason for hating it. It would be like if SummerSlam were in July... it's not right.

Last year's event was "good" because it just existed with a WrestleMania opponents as tag partners main event (and had Lashley defending the ECW title against Mr. Kennedy for reasons I don't recall) with nothing at all on the line for Mania since the title matches were locked in. Of course, this made it a true filler show and I think the buys showed the lack of interest, IIRC.

So, WWE's options are go a month without a PPV (which probably "looks bad" to them on paper), do an uninteresting PPV that is a stop on the Road to WrestleMania where nothing exciting, storyline changing, or interesting can happen because Mania's top matches are locked and as a result no one watches it, or a show that makes the company money but kinda spits in the face of the Rumble and lessens the build time to Mania. It's really in a bad position either way but from a corporate standpoint, option #3 (the option they've chosen to not only go with, but RUN with this year) is the most sound one.

It doesn't spit in the face of the Rumble. Cena won a title shot and he's getting it. Nobody's gonna care in the end, the Rumble wouldn't lose any of its luster.

What does spit in the face of things like the Rumble and MITB, though, is anytime a title shot is put on the line. Nobody should lose a title shot due to anythign except extreme circumstances, and it should never be lost in a match if those happen.

The only thing the current idea spits in the face in is the idea that the Rumble winner has to go to Wrestlemania with the shot, and that's what it builds to. Which is why I suggested if they want to keep this idea in tact they should shorten the amount of time between the two. There are plenty of hours of TV between the time NWO is and Mania to build a title match. The way they're doing it this year is much better than dragging it out week after week. Doing that is what creates a situation many complain about these days, which is that Raw is repetitive.

That's why WWE needs more stars and a bigger pool of people to choose from when building feuds. There are so many top cards to fill that you can't just have the same things over and over again which is the problem we see at Wrestlemanias. They will only put certain guys in the top match at those. So you need a large pool of stars to choose from which is what WWE doesn't seem to realize. That's what the brand split is supposed to do, allow the people who would normally be in the midcard on one show to have a shot at the top. And it's a damn shame it took that long for a guy like Jeff Hardy to get that chance, and only for them to piss that away once their chosen one came back from injury. Not that I have a problem with Cena mind you. But they are putting all their eggs in one basket with this guy right now. Cause one day Undertaker, Michaels, HHH, and Batista are gonna be gone. ANd then who are you gonna have?

So you can't just keep dragging these same feuds between the same guys out longer and longer because eventually what you're going to have is a fanbase demanding change, but no one in line to do so.

I don't understand this Jeff Hardy blown oppurtunity business. Guy is still in the Main Event at No Way Out. He could very well win and to Wrestlemania, I think and hope. With the Cena swerve, who knows what could happen.

As for the Cena title shot being used at NWO. I actually like it, now that I think about it. Its actually different for once.

I don't mind Hardy not getting the title right away, but I do think that they definitely need to keep him hot and put it on him at some point this year. At the Rumble, he got the loudest pop (next to the returning Cena of course) and there were no fat 14 year old goth girls there.

I suppose it could be decent given enough time, but on a show with two EC matches and two other World Title matches, it'll likely get the usual 8 minute ECW spot in the card.

If they don't want to go with the four way idea in WrestleMania, they can really capitalize on Jeff Hardy by having him be the guy that beats John Cena. I'd have Cena beat HHH at WrestleMania, followed by a three way feud between Cena, HHH, and Orton till like May. After that you feud Cena with Hardy ending with Jeff Hardy beating Cena at Summerslam. This would sorta put over that Cena really held the belt for like a year and a half, and beat everyone except Jeff Hardy.

I have this weird feeling that they're going to repeat Big Show's debut spot for his re-debut.

The Raw EC will go on last and when just HHH, Hardy, and a 3rd are left, Show is going to come out from under the ring and throw HHH out of the ring through a chamber panel. He'll never actually lose, but this beating will cause him injury as he's taken to the back, leaving Hardy to wrap it up.

I have this weird feeling that they're going to repeat Big Show's debut spot for his re-debut.

The Raw EC will go on last and when just HHH, Hardy, and a 3rd are left, Show is going to come out from under the ring and throw HHH out of the ring through a chamber panel. He'll never actually lose, but this beating will cause him injury as he's taken to the back, leaving Hardy to wrap it up.

You know, that makes a terrifying bit of sense.

It might make sense but there's no way the match can end until HHH actually loses in that scenario. Maybe he could be unconscious and Big Show tosses him back in and that 3rd man pins him, then Jeff can beat that 3rd dude (JBL for instance). I say this because Jeff comes off like a bit of a douche if he directly takes advantage of the Show's run in.

So what goes on last? The RAW EC or The WWE Championship match?

I don't know, did anything really take away from Eddie's WWE title win with Goldberg's involvement.?

Not really since Brock kicked out of Eddie trying to pin him after getting hit with the Spear.