TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Spring Training 2008

Guest Blue Man Czech
if they were my team I'd rather they have an eye towards the future, especially when we just won a world title with vets and can afford to take a few years off without damaging the fanbase.

If they were your team you'd understand that they can't afford to take a few years off without damaging the fanbase. You have to DEMAND A WINNER. Nobody's buying beer when they only win 84 games.

Guest Blue Man Czech

I was trying to say in an abstract way that even if the tickets are already sold, nobody attends White Sox games when the team is not realistically in contention, which means decreased revenues in concessions, souvenirs, parking, and so on, which means that the team makes less money, can spend less money, and so forth. Kenny Williams won't get fired, though.

Guest Blue Man Czech

Well, then that's admirable, because that puts you in a very small minority among Sox fans. You also don't say "alls I know," to my knowledge, which makes you part of an even smaller minority.

Somebody made those shirts & hung them in the player's lockers. There's some sort of motivational saying on the back of the shirt.

Ah. Honestly, I'd much rather own this shirt.

2265620077_556c5b30e8.jpg

Apologies to Mets fans. I couldn't resist.

Zambrano is 0-1 in three Opening Day starts, losing last year to Cincinnati. At the Cubs' winter fan fest in January, he said Ted Lilly could start the season opener March 31 against Milwaukee.

"What I said at the convention, I was just playing," Zambrano said Thursday. "I'm going to be out there the first day and try to win the first game. The one who invented the light tried 2,000 something times, and finally he did it. We have light. I don't want to spend 2,000 times to win the first game on Opening Day, but I think I will do it this year and go from there."

Guest Vitamin X

I know the Mets collapse was epic, but why are these shirts coming out just now? Did it really take them 6 months to come up with that shit?

From Rotoworld...

Giants manager Bruce Bochy said he likes the idea of Bengie Molina replacing Barry Bonds in the cleanup spot this year.

He put up a .276/.298/.433 line at age 32 last year while tying his career high with 19 home runs (and had only 19 doubles).

Upon looking at the team... oof!

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Is it acceptable to wish nothing but abject failure on the San Francisco Giants, even after Bonds's departure? Residual hate?

I know the Mets collapse was epic, but why are these shirts coming out just now? Did it really take them 6 months to come up with that shit?

MLB.com allows you to create custom shirts with your own name and number. That's where that comes from.

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

kenny_williams.jpg

"I still think we are one of the best teams in baseball."

Baseball Prospectus released the first edition of their projected standings today using updated depth charts and 2008 PECOTA data. I don't want to recreated the entire table here because the results are premium content. I'll do a little summary.

In the AL, nothing major outside of the Mariners projected to finish last (the 2008 version of last year's White Sox) and the Rays having an outside shot at a playoff berth. Looks like it will be the Red Sox, Yanks, Angels, Indians and Tigers ruling the league again.

In the NL, the Mets are projected to probably be the best team in baseball and the Phillies are looking at some heavy regression. The top four teams in the NL West are separated by only a handful of games, so it looks like that will come down to wire again in that division. The central looks to be a wasteland again, with only the Reds looking like they can make some noise against the top two.