TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nightwing

General Marvel Discussion Thread

Guest ForumPro

The thing that needs to be explained, in a lot of ways, is that comic books are supposed to be funny by definition, because comics aren't serious when they're doing their routines on stage, in a different example :), so in alot of respects, in the same fashion, I'd expect humor in a comic book. The best example I can think of is hard to explain here, but I'm certain you agree which comic books are, by definition, supposed to be for the audience at large, as most people understand it to be.

So I went to buy Mighty Avengers and New Avengers today and they were 3.99 apiece. The hell? When did this happen? Or is this the new newsstand price? Will it be like this at a comic book store?

So I went to buy Mighty Avengers and New Avengers today and they were 3.99 apiece. The hell? When did this happen? Or is this the new newsstand price? Will it be like this at a comic book store?

I think it's because there are extra prices, but with gas prices going up expect to see comics have a cover increase.

Most comics are still 2.99, with the occasional 3.99 issue thrown in for whatever reasons.

I like to think that 2.99 is ultimately the most I'm willing to pay for a comic book. If they increase to 3.99, I'm seriously going to have to drop a few titles.

Most comics are still 2.99, with the occasional 3.99 issue thrown in for whatever reasons.

I like to think that 2.99 is ultimately the most I'm willing to pay for a comic book. If they increase to 3.99, I'm seriously going to have to drop a few titles.

Same here.

The big punch in the gut is that all these comics wind up going into the $0.50/0.25 bins at comic shows about a year later.

That's the disadvantage of the direct market (if you look at it in a simplistic way, like I do). Comic shops are essentially resellers, so if you're stuck with a comic you want to get rid of it, at a loss if necessary.

Just a thought, but could Mutant Zero (in The Initiative) by Kitty Pryde? I don't know how they reconcile all of the post-Decimation stuff, but she wasn't in Messiah Complex, Colossus has "lost the woman he loves", and she would fit Slott's description of a mutant who's "been cover worthy several times".

There's a rumour about Whedon doing something with her in his ASM finale...

...which has been delayed seemigly forever. I was tired of asking when that damn Giant Size Astonishing X-Men was supposed to come out (I think it was slated for February originally?) but now I hear it is FINALLY coming out in May. ASM ended in a cliffhanger with Kitty, to answer Steviekick's question.

At the end of the latest Captain America issue

Sharon finds what appears to be Steve Rogers. However she says no it can't be, plus "Steve" acts all confused at what is going on. The scene confused me since I am not sure if she reacted like this was someone else pretending to be him. My Marvel history knowledge is not as deep as my DC, so I am not sure if he ever had a villian who resembled him

. Any help would be appreciated.

All I have to say is

Life Model Decoy. Steve has been incarcerated while the Cap that was killed was a LMD. I forgot when, but they established when LMD's die they decompose quickly

All I have to say is

Life Model Decoy. Steve has been incarcerated while the Cap that was killed was a LMD. I forgot when, but they established when LMD's die they decompose quickly

I seem to recall, though, that Wolverine inspected the corpse and its "smell", according to Logan, was so exactly the same as Cap that there was no doubt it was him.

So, given the recent events going on, let's just say that Dead Cap was really just a Skrull. I thought they're supposed to be undetectable now or whatever.

I'm still holding out hope that the utter drivel that was Civil War will ultimately be revealed as Skrulls fucking things up. It'd go a long way to explaining why 90% of the Marvel heroes (in that storyline) were acting like douchey cunts.

Millar and Bendis both said that Civil War is part of a larger Marvel epic, so I'm sure there will be more expanding on what happened. I can't remember, but one of them is working on a super huge EPIC~! that ties up everything that's been going on in the 616 lately.

So, I just read Avengers the Initiative issue 12. All the recruits were placed on a new team. Is this the end of the story, or are they going to start with new recruits?

Oh yeah, does anyone read the New Warriors? Just wondering if it was any good. I kind like Slapstick. And it'd be nice if Mutant Zero had been revealed!

So, I just read Avengers the Initiative issue 12. All the recruits were placed on a new team. Is this the end of the story, or are they going to start with new recruits?

Oh yeah, does anyone read the New Warriors? Just wondering if it was any good. I kind like Slapstick. And it'd be nice if Mutant Zero had been revealed!

New Warriors isn't bad. The twist is that the New Warriors are all former mutants. The old New Warriors (Justice, Slapstick, Rage, Debrii, Scarlet Spider... kinda) have formed Counter Force, which is more or less an unsanctioned team. Except that they're registered superhumans. And they're not black ops.

My hunch about Mutant Zero btw, is that she's Kitty Pryde. Not saying I'm right or even close to it, but that's my gut feeling.

Captian America is right up there for me as well, but lately despite the huge and in some cases very unneeded shake ups I think Amazing Spider-Man is a pretty soiled read.I also love me some Moon Knight and New Avengers.

Captian America is right up there for me as well, but lately despite the huge and in some cases very unneeded shake ups I think Amazing Spider-Man is a pretty soiled read.I also love me some Moon Knight and New Avengers.

I picked up the paperback Novel of the main Civil War arc, I was browsing the Marvel website and seen where you can get a monthly or annual subscription to a huge amount of archived comics and new stuff and I am gonna subscribe to that with my next paycheck

Well, Wheedon wraps up his Runaways arc June 25th, and can I just say thank god. I normally like Wheedon's stuff, but I haven't been a big fan of this particular arc- not to mention the fact that he can't make a monthly deadline to save his life.

I'll be picking it up as a TPB, because Runaways reads better that way.

Now I'm going to put my fanboy hat on and fuck him. I'm tired of the reliance on Hollywood writers who take forever to get their stuff out. There are plenty of good comic writers who get passed over because of them.