TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The OaO Raw Thread for 2/25/2008.

John Cena now has an opportunity to headline WrestleMania in the WWE Title Match, but now he must worry about two men – Triple H and WWE Champion Randy Orton. And Triple H made a statement when he delivered a thunderous Pedigree to both men after he officiated their match last week. What lengths will these Superstars go to mark their territory and gain momentum going into WrestleMania XXIV?

With a bandaged nose and a black eye, Big Show made his first appearance on Raw in more than a year. The 7-footer was there to apologize for his behavior the night before at No Way Out, when he and Floyd Mayweather traded blows. After “apologizing” to the WBC welterweight champion, Big Show then taunted Mayweather into accepting his challenge for a match. The type of match was unspecified, but what type of bout might we expect from these two warriors?

In other Raw action, Mr. McMahon looked on callously as his son, Hornswoggle, suffered a ruthless beating by JBL and lie unconscious in the middle of the ring. As the night began, the little guy had expected to battle his father in a Steel Cage Match. There shown, however, a sliver of light when Hornswoggle’s protector, Finlay, tried to rescue him. But JBL turned out the lights when he attacked the Irishman and handcuffed him to the ring ropes. He then began to pummel Hornswoggle so severely that even Mr. McMahon was taken aback.

What is Hornswoggle’s condition? And what are JBL and the Chairman’s reactions and explanations for the brutal attack? And what are Finlay’s thoughts?

Finally, last Monday, Maria defeated Women's Champion Beth Phoenix in a non-title match to earn a photo shoot in Playboy Magazine. Following the victory, the elated Diva immediately flew to Los Angeles for the sexy spread, which our fans can get an exclusive look at, this coming week on Raw. What will this steamy glimpse bring to Monday night? Don't miss out.

Find out the answers to these questions and more by tuning in to Raw when it emanates live from Phoenix at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

And what promises to be a fun night, i've mispelled 'Finlay' in the subject line.

Thank you for selling out your English heritage and putting 2/25/08 as the date. Day-Month doesn't jive with me (and I think I'm supposed to be doing that as a Canadian, but I hate it).

Any bets on who is qualifying for Money in the Bank tonight? Jericho maybe?

Thank you for selling out your English heritage and putting 2/25/08 as the date. Day-Month doesn't jive with me (and I think I'm supposed to be doing that as a Canadian, but I hate it).

Any bets on who is qualifying for Money in the Bank tonight? Jericho maybe?

Previous OaO threads i've started have included about a page of debate on the whole D/M/Y / M/D/Y argument, so I just did it this way.

Wow.

I can't help but like HHH more right now.

I think Orton shouldn't even have been involved in this, really.

Wow.

It's a hell of a lot better, and not just a rehash IMO, with Orton in there. And even if Orton's playing the 'third wheel' it sort of fits in with his, cocky/cowardly character perfect. Him just sitting back and letting them do the damage to each other. (I mean, he hasn't really won a match, and yet he's been the champ for months. It works perfect()

And that was a hell of an RKO on HHH.

Wow.

Another town and another night cena gets booed out of the building.

Another town and another night cena gets booed out of the building.

And is the most over person in the building.

not tonight I don't believe. I think both hhh and orton got louder cheers/boos respectfully. It used to be 60/40 or 50/50 cheers/boos but now its easily 70/30. But I don't agree with those who say that despite him being booked as a 100% baby face that somehow him getting all those boos means he's over. I think being over means you are cheered or booed in keeping with what your character is supposed to get.

I'm interested to see how Floyd handles wrestling. I hope he's going to work out well. We know he's got the athleticism for it, and he can probably pick up the basics pretty quickly. I just don't know if a returning Big Show is who you want to stick a rookie in there with.

Why are they having this match? If it's to get Jericho into MITB, why not put him against JBL instead of jobbing Hardy out?

To start some interaction between the guys that are going to be in the MITB match. Expect to see Jericho/Hardy vs Kennedy/Shelton or a 6-man tag next week.

And so the burial of Jeff Hardy continues.

Is this sarcastic?

He kicked out of a pedigree which is pretty much better than winning in the WWE.

He came really close to winning this match and lost to a rollup. Same with the Orton match, where Orton barely made it out with the win.

And he beat HBK, if that counts for anything.