TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

3/16 SNL

This has been a much better season than the past two. It's a shame the strike had to fuck everything up, given the host lineup in November and December, they were going to be on a roll.

Weird.

I really really liked last week's show, and hated most of this weeks. Well it rebounded in the second half.

But yea, Downey was awesome.

Better than last week but not that good. I'm convinced that this season will be the worst since '04-'05.

This might be sacreligious, but I think 94-95 was better than 04-05.

04-05 was the worst season I've seen since I started watching the show (87-88)

That is sacreligious. I remember when Classic SNL showed 94-95. Those shows are just DOA.

04-05 at least had Will Ferrell and a few decent shows scattered throughout.

That is sacreligious. I remember when Classic SNL showed 94-95. Those shows are just DOA.

04-05 at least had Will Ferrell and a few decent shows scattered throughout.

I think it was just that I couldn't stand Tina's writing style anymore or her complete control of the show.

I can't believe she actually came back for another season after that mess.

04-05 is pretty bad, don't get me wrong.

But it's never going to be as bad as 94-95, that's just not possible. Watching Lorne pathetically try to defend it in the SNL 90s thing was so sad.

Yeah, it's his thing.

Was 94-95 the post Sandler / Farley / Nealon year, pre group of 95-96 year? I don't quite remember anything about it that stands out as being awful.

Edit: Thanks, wikipedia.

The worst-received season since 1980-1981 (or to a lesser extent, 1985-1986) had cast turnover and dissension which bordered on self-parody. Garofalo left the show in disgust after only a half-season, and Myers departed to pursue a movie career. Franken quit, angry that his movie Stuart Saves His Family flopped at the box office and that the "Weekend Update" job was given to Norm Macdonald, instead of to him. Cleghorne happily quit (she would have left a year earlier if not for her contractual obligations) as did Nealon, Elliott, and McKean. Kightlinger left to join Roseanne's ill-fated FOX comedy series, Saturday Night Special. Banks, Farley, and Sandler were fired. Banks, a contract player, had almost no role of any significance, and was let go after only a few shows, returning to her native Britain.

That season had the vomiting cops skit with the vomit hoses that didn't work, right? Gotta count for SOMETHING.

I went to bed after weekend update because I was just too tired to watch the rest, but what i saw this week was way better than the Ellen Page and Tina Fey episodes (I missed the Amy Adams episode). The Digital Short continues to be the best part of every episode. I'll catch the rest on DVR later today, I suppose.

The thing with Andy's dad was fucking hilarious. And thanks for pointing that out Bob, I wouldn't of noticed his size if you didn't say something about it 6 times.

The digital short, weekend update, the Benihana skit were all great. I didn't think anything was awful really, either, except "What's Your Situation?"...that was dumb.

I always like the McGruber skits. Although after substance abuse, cosmetic surgery, and low self esteem... I'm not sure how many more vices they can give him.

I give a fuck, mole. All week I was wondering if he was going to have a heart attack with all that running. It's why John Goodman stopped hosting

Also, Lorne didn't create the digital short. That was just put in there as a joke.

94-95 also has the polar bear skit.

I met Jonah a year ago after SNL. This was before Superbad and Knocked Up, so no one knew who he was. He was with Michael Cera so after running up to him and scaring the crap out of George Michael, I saw a fat guy standing next to him. I was like: Wait, are you Jonah? And he was like: Yea. I said: Oh, you were funny in Accepted.

Then I saw Jason Street from Friday Night Lights and left them alone

I started waiting in line for tickets in March of 2001, that's how I've met the cast and any other poor soul who happeend to be on SNL. I also have a friend who works for the show, so I've been to a few afterparties and get to know who wrote what skit.

Can Jonah beat the curse of fat comic actors that's struck down John Belushi, Chris Farley, and John Candy?

On second thought, it hasn't struck down Dom DeLuise (and Thank God for that!).