Edge© vs. The Undertaker

6457786.jpg

Floyd Mayweather vs. The Big Show

6514464.jpg

Career Threatening Match

Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

6464814.jpg

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. MVP vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Carlito

6642424.jpg

Smackdown vs. Raw

Batista vs. Umaga

6547142.jpg

ECW Championship

Chavo Guerrero© vs. Winner of 24-Man Battle Royal

6627266.jpg

Belfast Brawl

Finlay vs. JBL

6564570.jpg

Playboy Bunnymania Lumberjack Match

Ashley & Maria vs. Beth Phoenix & Melina

6707022.jpg

This is officially the thread for all WrestleMania XXIV discussion....starting....NOW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the TV stations in Orlando has some new pics of the set construction, including the entrance and roof over the ring:

http://www.cfnews13.com/Entertainment/HeyJ...itrus_bowl.html

It'll be interesting to see if people report on the tent obstructing their view, even though it's designed not to do so.

The ring setup is kinda wierd. I always pictured the ring being put at the 50 yard line, but it seems like its going to be closer to the open end of the Citrus Bowl, which is kinda retarded. No one will be able to see a thing from the opposite end of the field.

The ring setup is kinda wierd. I always pictured the ring being put at the 50 yard line, but it seems like its going to be closer to the open end of the Citrus Bowl, which is kinda retarded. No one will be able to see a thing from the opposite end of the field.

From the looks of the aerial pictures, the ring does appear to be at about the 50 yard line with the entrance ramp coming from the open end of the stadium. A previous article stated that by using the open end as the entrance, the WWE is having to build a pretty big tent city to serve as the backstage and locker room area.

From the looks of the aerial pictures, the ring does appear to be at about the 50 yard line with the entrance ramp coming from the open end of the stadium. A previous article stated that by using the open end as the entrance, the WWE is having to build a pretty big tent city to serve as the backstage and locker room area.

The angle on the 3rd picture from the news site makes it look like its closer to the open end. I skipped the 2nd picture and now notice the ring is in the middle.

oops.

I keep forgetting that this is going to be outdoors (mostly because it doesn't really feel like WrestleMania to me).

That makes the show more apealing to me. I love when they run stadiums for Mania. The atmosphere is always special (even if the event doesn't look like it wants to be)

This is the artists rendering from WWE Magazine

WrestleMania_XXIV_ring_design.jpg

Looks like Undisputed Champ Jericho on the screen in the middle.

Bobby Lashley.

And as far as lightning interfering with the ladder match, as long as they are using aluminum ladders it won't be a problem.

A lightning strike in the midst of MITB would top Jeff's and Shelton's stunts in the past.

Though kayfabe it would work out much better during the World Heavyweight Title, if just given Taker's magic powers.

Same with Kane/Chavo, I suppose.

If there is lightning the show stops. You don't keep fans sitting exposed at any sporting event.

Thank God this isn't a sporting event.

If there is lightning the show stops. You don't keep fans sitting exposed at any sporting event.

Thank God this isn't a sporting event.

What does that imply. It's simply protocol that if there's a severe thunderstorm, you clear the seating area and get people under cover. That's only in a lightning storm, not any kind of rain event.

I am fully aware this will actually be the THIRD WrestleMania XXIV thread started (one being the "Use your immagination" thread that is long buried, the other being the predictions thread). That said, there is an awful lot of talk about Wrestle freakin Mania going on in the GENERAL discussion thread, something designed for comments that don't warrant a thread. While some might chalk this up to a poorer than usual build to Mania, it actually shows the clamp on open discussion borders that thread has grown to. I usually started them at the beginning of the month too (more out of habit and forum protocol than thinking they were a great idea) so to see the biggest PPV of the year being discussed as a General afterthought really highlights a problem.

Anyway, let's use THIS thread to talk about the event - are you ordering? Having a party? Skipping it? Bar?

How about that weather?

I didn't know this had occurred when I made my thread (damn work getting in the way of work). Though I guess if it's only supposed to be about location and weather the Discussion Thread can stand on it's own ground, or get merged. Either way!

A friend is ordering it and invited me (without having to chip in!) and of course, the wife is trying to put the kabosh on that because we have family in town this weekend.

That was weird. I replied in Venkman's thread, and then it said I couldn't. Anyway:

I'll be ordering the show like always.

I'm pretty excited for this show, all of the matches have potential to be worth watching, and I'm interested to see how they do Mayweather-Show.

The fact that Triple H and Taker are probably winning sucks, but hopefully the matches will be good enough to make up for it. And I like that MITB is truly wide open this year

I haven't orderd the past three years, but I'm considering it this year. Why you ask? I actually want to see Mayweather/Show.

I was hanging out with some friends last week who have no interest in wrestling and even they were discussing that match. I know a lot of people think the angle sucks, but it's getting some major mainstream and casual interest.

A friend is ordering it and invited me (without having to chip in!) and of course, the wife is trying to put the kabosh on that because we have family in town this weekend.

Which did you know first?

WWF/E?

Your Wife?

Her Friends?

Playground rules override all!

I think I've mentioned roughly 14 times that Cogeco here has the wrong time listed for the event so ordering is still going to be hard, but hopefully a phone call solves it. I'm SUPPOSED to be having a Mania party at my house for the first time (and last since all future Mania's were at someone else's house or a bar or in person in last year) since WrestleMania IX but the one person I know who still closely follows wrestling moved away in January and can't make it down due to a family function. The other person I knew who kinda follows it - he was losing interest in 2007 and the Benoit thing didn't help, plus he doesn't have cable anymore - can't get out of work. Ditto for the others I know who are aware wrestling exists and would watch a PPV at my house. Looks like it might just be me and any co-workers I can find to admit they watch wrestling - I know of one who said he might come by but to show how closely he follows these days, he asked if it was in Detroit.

Which did you know first?

WWF/E?

Your Wife?

Her Friends?

Playground rules override all!

*sigh* if only....if only...

Guest Smues

I've flip flopped several times on ordering the show or not. I'm not at all interested in HHH winning another title, but I am kind of excited for Edge/UT. On the otherhand the Braves play the Nationals on ESPN at the same time, and I lack the ability to record one and watch the other. I probably won't decided until Sunday afternoon, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Braves.

Guest Hasbeen2

No boxing fans I know are ordering and a few didn't even know of the Mayweather match. I usually order but there's not much on it this year that interests me besides Flair. If it's not raining around here I'll be at a softball tournament anyway.