TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08

From Lords of Pain, via WON

The Paul Burchill & "sister" Katie Lea incest angle may be getting dropped due to WWE's new initiative to specifically target 6-10 year olds. The duo haven't done a segment together on Raw since the 2/25 show.

So, does this mean that we're going to go back to stale comedy and Looney Toon-esque antics with Hornswaggle again?

I'd honestly love for the WWE or any company for that matter to produce a more mature product.

From Lords of Pain, via WON

The Paul Burchill & "sister" Katie Lea incest angle may be getting dropped due to WWE's new initiative to specifically target 6-10 year olds. The duo haven't done a segment together on Raw since the 2/25 show.

So, does this mean that we're going to go back to stale comedy and Looney Toon-esque antics with Hornswaggle again?

I'd honestly love for the WWE or any company for that matter to produce a more mature product.

Mature is fine. Stupid, such as Katie Vick, HLA, Torrie Wilson's dad, and incest are not. They can't write a mature storyline without having a stupid "twist" or have it devolve into a Benny Hill-esque finale.

From PWI & Meltz:

Former WWE wrestler Andrew "Test" Martin, 33, was arrested Sunday morning in Pasco County, FL, accused of driving under the influence of alcohol.

He was stopped on State Road 54 around 10:30 a.m. A trooper noticed that his eyes were glassy and bloodshot while his speech was slurred, according to the police report. The report did say that he did not smell of alcohol at the time but he was arrested on charges of DUI and driving while his license was suspended or revoked.

Martin was taken to the Land O' Lakes Jail after refusing to submit to a urine test. On his way to the jail, the trooper stated that Martin, who lives in Tampa, was " constantly falling asleep" in the police car.

Does ANYONE watch Heat?

Sometimes.

The other week, it was something like the 500th episode and they had Jillian Hall sing a special song name-dropping various Heat level guys like The Mean Street Posse and Scotty 2 Hotty. They've got Grisham and Josh Matthews on commentary now. That's about all I can really add. Except the obvious statement, even with Grisham Josh is 10 times better at the job than Coachman is with Michael Cole on Smackdown.

What happened to Josh Matthews? I thought was a pretty good young announcer. They had someone that would've done well for the future and yet they keep him on the internet show.

Kane has been in the opening to ECW for quite a while now anyway has he not?

Yes. He and Mark Henry were the only SD wrestlers in the SD opening montage, with Big Daddy V and more recently (I believe) Shelton Benjamin being ECW guys in Smackdown's opening.

I remember reading a long time ago that Josh Mathews got some heat on him for something and that's why he disappeared.

anyone know how to right click and save pics from wwe.com?

I want a few of the Flair/HBK pics from Mania but it's in flash.

Guest frostdude1
anyone know how to right click and save pics from wwe.com?

I want a few of the Flair/HBK pics from Mania but it's in flash.

you'd be better off taking a print screen and then cutting it

Does ANYONE watch Heat?

Yes I watch every week on Youtube. It's the only place I get to see one of my favorite WWE gimmicks. Lucha Hass. Plus You get to see matches like Val Venis vs Paul Burchill and D.H smith's new heel turn. Josh Matthews is so much better than Cole it's not even funny.

Why is Finlay a face even after he fooled all the fans to think Horns was Vince's kid so he could mooch off Vince with no reason?

This wasn't thought out well.

We're suppose to forget about that because Horns has devolved from a troll that lived under the ring to a 5 year old kid?

Lucha Hass is like, the fucking greatest thing ever. Seriously.

Pfft. I said that the first time I saw that on Heat months ago, but it's not supposed to be Lucha. He's just trying to be like an old school wrestler (see Matt Classic), which is even more awesome. The announcers kill it because they keep calling it Lucha and act confused, and when I saw it live in LA the night before No Way Out, the crowd has no reaction whatsoever (I gathered a lot of confusion).

He just needs to do lots of moves like hammerlocks, scoop slams, atomic drops, and the dreaded trapezius claw.

IIRC Back in 2003, Ric Flair conducted a radio interview where he said he was actually a 23 time World Champion, but a lot of the title wins were ignored because they happened overseas or at several untelevised events where Flair would lose it and win it back again like two nights later so they kept it at 16 to make easier to keep track of.

What happened to Josh Matthews?

IIRC he married that hot ring announcer chick (forgot her name) that was on SD for a couple of years.

Why is Finlay a face even after he fooled all the fans to think Horns was Vince's kid so he could mooch off Vince with no reason?

We're suppose to forget about that because Horns has devolved from a troll that lived under the ring to a 5 year old kid?

Because Vince is a dick and everyone thinks it's funny that he not only had to put up with Hornswoggle's antics, but that Finlay was raking in big bucks from him and putting himself in line to snag 33% of WWE upon Vince's death in the process.

Because Vince is a dick and everyone thinks it's funny that he not only had to put up with Hornswoggle's antics, but that Finlay was raking in big bucks from him and putting himself in line to snag 33% of WWE upon Vince's death in the process.

While that's true, but storyline wise, it doesn't explain why Horns lived under the ring and we never found out what agreement Finlay had with Vince. :ph34r:

I suppose all of those answers are buried with who moved the briefcase @ KOTR 99 and who was behind GTV.

While that's true, but storyline wise, it doesn't explain why Horns lived under the ring and we never found out what agreement Finlay had with Vince. :ph34r:

I suppose all of those answers are buried with who moved the briefcase @ KOTR 99 and who was behind GTV.

Vince paid Finlay to make sure Hornswoggle didn't get beaten to the point where Vince would be in deep shit for child abuse. Why he lived under the ring, I guess it's so Finlay could keep an eye on him at all times during the show without looking suspicious, because he'd just be watching the in-ring action rather than perpetually following around and ogling a leprechaun.