TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Madden, NFL Head Coach, and NCAA Football 2009

I'm sick of all the fucking fumbling in Madden, especially in rainy games. Last night against the Pats, I fumbled three straight kickoffs. Fucking ridiculous.

I'm sick of all the fucking fumbling in Madden, especially in rainy games. Last night against the Pats, I fumbled three straight kickoffs. Fucking ridiculous.

Thats funny because I have been telling people the exact 180 of that. I bet I haven't seen 5 fumbles total in the 15+ games I've played.

And no surprise here but the idiots playing this game seem to get worse every year. EVERYONE is a giant douche online!

Thats funny because I have been telling people the exact 180 of that. I bet I haven't seen 5 fumbles total in the 15+ games I've played.

And no surprise here but the idiots playing this game seem to get worse every year. EVERYONE is a giant douche online!

I've played about 20 games, I've seen 5+ fumbles in SIX of those games. It's not just that I can't hold onto the ball either, the computer fumbles it a shitload too.

Why's it so much worse online?

You don't see the action. It's like when you supersim a game in Madden. All you see is a grid view of the field. Playcalling takes place on the left side of the screen. You choose your plays, and the text underneath the field graphic tells you the results. You're also stuck playing 15 minute quarters.

Man, a big heapin' helping of fuck you for Dre Bly, stopping my potential game-tying bomb to Javon Walker with a well-placed tackle at the 3. Still, 28-21 isn't a bad result when you're playing as the Raiders.

So uh, Tom Brady got released from the Patriots after one year in my franchise, in which they won the Superbowl and Brady finished 2nd in MVP voting. What the hell.

Edit: Also, I like how Detroit picked a QB with their 1st, 2nd, and 5th round picks. And they're all terrible!

To me it's not so much the fumbling itself, but the randomness of it. I can be playing someone online and use the hitstick every time and their running back or WR just get BLASTED, but they hold on to the ball, and then when I am on offense, the defender dives at my runningback's feet and my runningback proceeds to fumble the ball. It is just inconsistent.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?t...29&tstart=0

It's a legit bug, if it's any consolation:

It's official...we are doing a patch!

---------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

I got the Ok to officially say that we are doing a patch. I've wanted to say that for a week, but we had to make sure of a few things first.

Here's an update on our progress with the patch:

We have fixed the Play Creator/Injury Bug.

We have added the ability to call plays during the 2 minute drill. You guys better thank Bekins for this. Normally, this would have been a feature that would have taken forever to get in, but the kid killed himself to put it in there to help everyone out.

We have added Favre's stats back in the game.

We fixed a bug you guys didn't know about that allows me to change team philosophies in the roster update. Woo-Hoo! This lets me get the teams where I think they should be and correct some ratings issues that way.

We fixed the contract bug (where scrub players would ask for a ton of money when re-signing).

We fixed the Draft Day trading bug (where you could force every team to trade their pick by asking them to trade and then backing out)

We fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.

We fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.

We are investigating a fix to make fumbles better. Staymates found out that a fatigued player would be getting larger penalties than expected to their attributes, including their carry rating. We are greatly reducing this so that fumbles should happen less. This is going to need some more testing since a lot of different factors influence fumble chances.

We are also investigating a fix for CPU teams subbing out fatigued players quicker in-game so that backups get some carries. Our thresholds for subbing a guy out were too low, so we are raising those. This also needs mucho testing.

We are fixing any crashes we can reproduce including the issues found on PS3.

I don't have a date for when this will be delivered to you (we are working very quickly). Once we are done with it, it typically takes a couple of weeks to get through everybody else before it makes it's way to you.

Why is it Madden still sucks with realistic drafting? On what planet are the Bengals going to re-sign Carson Palmer to a 5 year deal and then draft 5 quarterbacks! FIVE! They currently have a 8 man quarterback depth chart; that's just god damn insane.

The Saints used their first and second round picks on kickers and Dallas cut Tony Romo to name Patrick Ramsey the starting quarterback while trading out of the first two rounds to draft a punter in the third. What the hell is going on here?

I found a new thing that has had me throwing full grown man fits lately, everytime i try to control my WR with the ball in the air I get a PI call. Anyone getting that?

Oh and can't forget that one handed-body drifting the other way- pick a guy had me in the RAIN today!! Whats the point of the rain if it doesnt make the ball slippery?

Heres the video

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/270473

Not sure how many of you still play NCAA, but the second patch was just released that is supposed to fix the horrid kick return AI, but I've noticed little, if any change. The kick returns are still a big problem (opposing team will almost always start at the 35 or 40) which puts your defense in a huge hole right off the bat.

I don't know what it is about the Madden test, but it's worthless to me. Every time I take the test I end up with an IQ of around 640, and then I play 2 games and have it drop back to 540 because I can't run the ball and end up throwing 4 INTs every game.

Not sure how many of you still play NCAA, but the second patch was just released that is supposed to fix the horrid kick return AI, but I've noticed little, if any change. The kick returns are still a big problem (opposing team will almost always start at the 35 or 40) which puts your defense in a huge hole right off the bat.

I still play NCAA and I've noticed there is more pass rush than there was before.

Before the patch, pass rush was non-existant.

Is anyone else finding it hard as fuck to play pass defense in this game? It seems like the CPU QB is always just like, ungodly against me as far as pass efficiency goes. I can usually only force like 3 or 4 incomplete passes a game if I'm lucky, and those are usually either from the QB throwing it out of bounds or me getting a lucky INT.

I still don't like how linebackers seem to be INT machines in this game. It seems like anytime I am passing over the middle of the field, a linebacker has a 50/50 chance of jumping 10 feet into the air in order to make a INT, when I have a TE or WR pretty much 2-3 yards pass their defender in coverage.

The only thing I can think to fix this is to try and tap the pass button instead of pressing it which would change the type of pass I am throwing, but in the heat of the game it is hard to worry about "pressure sensative" button pressing.

I have a couple long Portis TD runs saved. I will probably upload them soon for your viewing pleasure.

The LB problem seems to be a chronic thing when it comes to Madden. I suffered my first Franchise loss to the Steelers last night because Brady threw three INTs to leaping linebackers.

For those who have trouble in pass D, I found that holding the strafe button (left trigger on the 360) before trying to swat a pass really helps because the defender looks back towards the ball and it gives you more control.

Im getting to the point I won't play anyone if they are the Chargers. LT breaks tackles on runs right up the middle like he's Bettis or something. Think they need to address that because it's getting out of control with him the last few years.