TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Madden, NFL Head Coach, and NCAA Football 2009

So, in the online dynasty, do you go at your own pace, or do we have to wait for everyone else to finish the week before we can advance?

And how much longer til we get this shit going?

we're already in the first week for the season Fazzle.

I simmed my first game and barely won against FAU...my recruiting for the week is done and now I just wait on the rest of you guys for getting the week done.

we're already in the first week for the season Fazzle.

I simmed my first game and barely won against FAU...my recruiting for the week is done and now I just wait on the rest of you guys for getting the week done.

...oh. Well we weren't last night!

I'll do my game when I get home from work I guess.

But seriously, simming? Who the hell else is gonna sim their games? That's weaksauce, no matter who you're playing.

Yeah well..I wanted to get the dynasty going last night and I was too tired from work to really care about and "get up" for FAU.

I'm not simming anything from here on out

Guest Vitamin X

Hey, I just got NCAA Football 09 today! (Along with GTA IV.. First one I've played since Vice City, actually)

So anyways, invite me when there's an opening, Broward.

There's a maximum of 12 players, so provided Broward doesn't mind adding you, there's an opening.

Are you allowed to do voice messages/chats and play with me now, Leo? :P

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, dude. That goes for everyone, too. Hit me up on this thing. I totally suck, so it will just boost your rating and you get to hear me yell curses and insults in Spanish as a bonus.

I suck at NCAA, too. But I know you said before your gf had a problem with voice messages and such, but you are single now. So we can play, chat a little, and hopefully you can get in on the dynasty.

Just played my first game in online dynasty, against FCS Southeast.

I only had 18 offensive plays.

I only got 2 first downs.

.....I won 70-20.

The FCS teams are just a joke. I edited my non-conference schedule in my own dynasty so as to not play them, but dudes in other online dynasties which I am in are getting 125-0 victories in 6 minutes quarters.

OK, the online dynasty will be fucked if someone else tries to make an online dynasty with the same name. Apparently EA didn't put in protection against this, so if I were to make one with the same name as the TSM one, the TSM one would be erased & become unplayable for everybody in it.

OK, the online dynasty will be fucked if someone else tries to make an online dynasty with the same name. Apparently EA didn't put in protection against this, so if I were to make one with the same name as the TSM one, the TSM one would be erased & become unplayable for everybody in it.

wtf..

You'd figure they'd be a little better prepared for something like that. Especially with online dynasty being implemented this year.

Anyway, Fresno State is extending offers for a future home and home series starting in 2009 or later.

Any takers?

I didn't include my gamertag because I wanted a more "universal" feel for the dynasty. Nice to knowit can all be for naught...

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK the CPU's gigantic hard on for calling draw plays in Campus Legend.

I hate how the CPU loves to call QB runs. I'm pretty sure the Illinois QB has more rushing attempts than my HB.

2 things.

1. Broward, you are a sadistic fuck for putting this on Heisman. I've never played a football game at the highest difficulty.

2. It's going to say I started my game twice. Why? Because it froze. 3rd time that's happened. I scored a TD, kicked the extra point, and then after the following kickoff.....

It just stuttered and then stuck right there.

post-362-1216763134_thumb.jpg

Alright Matt, it's a deal.

First game will be at your house starting next season.

Anybody else want to do a home and home starting in 2009? (or later) I'll take one more for 2009/2010 if anybody wants it.

Okay, that's cool, Agent. That is if I'm still in this dynasty.

Why wouldn't I be? BECAUSE IT FUCKING FROZE ON ME AGAIN! This time while I was winning in the 3rd.

I'm giving this one more try. If it freezes again, I'm dropping out. Sorry Broward.

No problem, Matt. I understand.

I wouldn't blame you for dropping from this, if this persists.

I'm hoping I don't run into this problem when I play my first game.

In fact, since I've had this game (Tuesday) I have only had it freeze once.

It was just extra frustrating since the other 2 times it happened, I got a message and checked the guide. I know that happens sometimes. today, I didn't do that. But the third time was a charm, and the game just got finished. So it's all good for now.

Oh yeah, in my first game in this dynasty mode, I got the achivement for returning a fumble for a TD.

...then it got reviewed and overturned. But I still kept the achievement. awesome.

Guest Vitamin X

Wow, that sucks about the Heisman mode. I think the highest I've ever played is on All-Pro, and after taking a couple years' absence from football video games, this is going to be explicitly hard. Maybe I should have gone with being Boise St. after all, to match an 0-11 record...

Anyways, question for you guys, maybe a minor gripe... Is there any way whatsoever to put in your own roster in Campus Legend mode? I don't want to be running around with a bunch of QB#8s and DT#98s, and the generate names thing is kinda dumb (Tim Tebow is now Jim Gray!). If not, I'll just stick with the generated names, it's no big deal, but I'm just wondering. I just haven't seen it yet.

Anyways, question for you guys, maybe a minor gripe... Is there any way whatsoever to put in your own roster in Campus Legend mode? I don't want to be running around with a bunch of QB#8s and DT#98s, and the generate names thing is kinda dumb (Tim Tebow is now Jim Gray!). If not, I'll just stick with the generated names, it's no big deal, but I'm just wondering. I just haven't seen it yet.

Don't think so. I haven't found a way.

I love the random name shit, though. Me and my cousin still think of Antoine Cason as "Spencer Jolly." B-)

Alright, I can bump the difficulty down a level to like, All-American if you guys want. I wanted it to be a bit high so that it isn't so easy for us to run through the CPU teams and have all of us go one with anywhere 0-2 losses on the season.

For VX: Before you start up campus legend, make sure your roster file is loaded into the system...be it the one from Padre or whomever. When you start it up it'll ask you to generate names, just say no and you should be golden.