Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Madden, NFL Head Coach, and NCAA Football 2009

So we've got:

Texas (Big XII) -- Me

Fresno State (WAC) -- Agent_Bond34

Illinois (Big Ten) -- Matt Young

USC (Pac-10) -- Next USC #55

Oregon / Cal / UCLA *whoever VX wants to play as* (Pac-10)

I'm wanting to get at least 8 people in on this or if there's enough interest, the full twelve. Any potential OOC games you'd like to play, let me know via PM on TSM or on 360 and I'll jot it down in my notebook for when the game comes out.

Guest Vitamin X

I'll play as either Oregon or Cal, preferably Oregon but if someone else wants it, I can take Cal. If someone wants both of them, I'll definitely take UCLA.

I'd like to go shortly after launch..if that's a problem, then let me know and I can hold back.

I just want to get it up and running while there's still interest in playing a dynasty

edit: I edited my post at the top of this page with who's confirmed their participation in the dynasty.

Guest Vitamin X

Haha, I like my entry. Maybe I should just be Boise State to piss off Broward with my blue turf.

I swear, I will never... EEEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRR schedule an away game at Boise State with Texas. Fuck that Smurf Turf... :D

If it doesn't start right away I'll probably join, but don't wait for me. If you get enough to start, go for it.

I've got student loan bills coming in this month and I just got the "Xbox Live Gold expired" email, so I probably won't get the game for at least another month while I'm paying this shit off.

All depends on who's willing to play. I mean if anything, if we can't get you in during the first year of the dynasty we could get you into the second year of it.

This is also a widespread thing throughout the internet on various forums that I've read, so this isn't an isolated incident.

I'm probably just gonna proceed with caution when picking this up.

There are also reports of freezes and crashes from people who got the game early.

Apparently South Florida was omitted as well. I mean, honestly, who cares about FAU and FIU, but to leave pretty decent schools like Wyoming or South Florida out of the game is pretty inexcusable. However, I've read that the teams disappearing is a fucked up glitch that ties in with downloading the rosters or editing them and it causes the game to freeze continuously. And the more I read over on the IGN forums, the more glitches I'm hearing about. This could get real ugly for EA.

...they left out South Florida. Like, Big East Member, former #2 in the nation South Florida? Good fucking lord.

How in the world does changing strings on a roster file cause the game to be unable to read teams? It's unbelievable. I can't even think of a way to make a string remove something completely unrelated without doing so intentionally.

More on the issue..

Referencing this thread over a NCAA strategies, there is definitely a freezing issue when editing rosters. It is either related to the number of changes introduced into the roster file (changing equipment after downloading roster files) or player name length (anything over 11 characters).

Symptoms Include:

Freezing

Teams Disappearing (Most notably FIU, FAU, USF)

Team Ratings going to 0

Players disappearing

From the IGN boards

Also, there is a rumor that PastaPadre's rosters were made by EA given the fact that some players have attributes that can not be edited by a normal user (hyphenated names, etc.)

There's another rumor that those EA edited names are what's causing most of the issues, because the rosters aren't meant to have things (from what I've read, specifically apostrophes) in them.

If this is true, this makes apparent what most NCAA/Madden fans already know: the developers have no fucking clue what they're doing. They make a game for an entire year and don't realize "Hey, can't put apostrophes in player names or TEAMS DISAPPEAR AND THE GAME FREEZES"?

There's another rumor that those EA edited names are what's causing most of the issues, because the rosters aren't meant to have things (from what I've read, specifically apostrophes) in them.

If this is true, this makes apparent what most NCAA/Madden fans already know: the developers have no fucking clue what they're doing. They make a game for an entire year and don't realize "Hey, can't put apostrophes in player names or TEAMS DISAPPEAR AND THE GAME FREEZES"?

lmao that's like the first thing most php code writers work out when they're doing forms and scripts! Well not a game freeze, but it can lead to errors and stupid little mistakes. Bunch of knobs.

The EA developers are taking feedback at OperationSports on the NCAA Football board.

Hopefully this will get patched up pretty quickly here.

This went from automatic Tuesday purchase to borderline. I've been buying this series since NCAA Football 2005.

So, here's hoping..

I've also heard the Online Dynasty has issues with crashing and freezing as well, so this won't bode so well for those of us who are trying to get an online dynasty going here.

I've been holding out on finally getting a PS3 to see the reviews for this game. Looks like I might be saving my money this month.

There is always renting it. To me, it's usually the best way of determining if I want to purchase said game later on down the line.

Also, EA is said to be holding a press conference tomorrow afternoon at 3 PM PST/6 PM EST.

Should be interesting to see what goes down now with NCAA Football 09's official release being a day away and issues being reported all over the place by people who got the game early.

New rumors:

-Dropping a field goal results in 1st and 10 for the team that kicked it, instead of...whatever it's supposed to be, I'm not 100% on the rule myself. I think it's "dead ball, turnover" like if you block it but it still goes past the line of scrimmage and hits the ground.

-The sliders allegedly do nothing. One guy says he had pass rush on 100, pass blocking on 0 and LSU's front couldn't get pressure on Tulane.

-Blitzes do nothing; apparently the blitzers don't go into the gaps...where they do go is anybody's guess, nobody's been very specific on this one compared to the others.

Looks like this year's copy will be picked up used. Next summer. When it's $5.

This was posted by a NCAA 09 producer at Operation Sports:

"Hey guys.

Just wanted to let you know there definitely are folks looking into the following gameplay issues - we will be able to let you know very soon if they are patch-able (and hopefully when):

Muy Importante [very important]

- DL pass rush

- CPU QB percentages

- DB "stand straight up" issue

- Kick / Punt Returns are too easy

- Players in pursuit often turn the wrong way (see LB's on swing passes?)

Will Investigate

- Delay CPU snapping a few seconds

- CPU deep ball

- Rocket catch

- More penalties

- Substitution sliders

As for the crashes and stats disappearing and roster editing stuff and the like ... keep in contact with Adam (OMT) on their status.

I will respond to this thread as soon as I hear anything

I've never seen a game with this many bugs before it's even been released. This is getting pretty absurd.

Great news on the roster front, DT Lidner, one of the prominent roster editors out there has completed the rosters (glitch free from what I've read) for Xbox 360. His gamertag is EARosters com (space in between).

Guest Vitamin X

So, being someone who did the roster edits on the old Xbox (via that one transfer system thingy and then returning it for a full refund), how exactly does one go about doing this on the 360?

Oh, and I hope the online dynasty we're all planning on doing is going to be using edited rosters as well. If one person has the edited rosters and starts the league, I wonder if it'll just show up like that for everyone. I would imagine it would. Anyways, not sure if I can pick this up RIGHT at launch, maybe by the end of the first year of online dynasty I can jump in since most of you guys seem to be wanting to pick it up at launch.