TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Madden, NFL Head Coach, and NCAA Football 2009

I haven't tried the Campus Legend yet.

However, I did have some issues with not being awarded achievements on 08 when I had it a month or so ago.

I won 2 national championships, won the heisman, (on Campus Legend mind you) and never got the achievements for those.

I have to buy a Live subscription as well as the game, so I might be a bit (doubt it'll be that long, but you never know). How many people are you going to start with, and when?

I'm wanting to start it up pretty soon, gotta log on and see who else has joined on or sent me a message via 360.

Any ETA as to when you should be getting it?

I just finished my first Instant Classic in this game. In Campus Legend mode, my Illini just upset #11 Penn State by a score of 39-36. They scored to tie it up with less than a minute to go, then I drove downfield and got a 46 yard FG as time expired. It had a GameScore of 745.

My HB also set the Illinois team record for *receiving* yards with 11 catches for 225.

I had an instant classic game in my first offline dynasty matchup, where I beat #7 Mizzou as #16 Illinois, 17-10. I was up 17-3 till the 4th, when they scored.

As for Campus Legend, I started that Friday afternoon. Got the 5 star prospect achievement after 2 games, and the championship game achievement. No problems there. Chose LSU as they were the highest ranked team (#6) offering me a starting spot. 3-0 in that season thus far.

My Walmart is doing a NCAA 09 tourney in store today in about...40 minutes. I signed up for it yesterday when I picked up the game, but nobody working there seemed to have any clue what the prize was.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah I think I am probably going to pass up Madden in favor of this one.

I have to buy a Live subscription as well as the game, so I might be a bit (doubt it'll be that long, but you never know). How many people are you going to start with, and when?

I'm wanting to start it up pretty soon, gotta log on and see who else has joined on or sent me a message via 360.

Any ETA as to when you should be getting it?

If not by the end of this upcoming week, next week. Definitely, positively, by the end of the month. I think I'm going to have to use one of my credit cards I have almost paid off for it, fuck it. I'm pretty hyped for it and I'm getting a little bored of Table Tennis and MLB2k8 (only two games I have left that I still own-I sold off a bunch of crap I got with my ex, including Viva Pinata and Fuzion Frenzy. I also got rid of Bully:Scholarship Edition, but I was done with the game so I had nothing else to do with it)

So, just got home from the tournament.

I WON the fucking thing. I changed teams at the last second to Oklahoma, had no idea about any of their plays, never used them before, and won the damn tournament. With yesterday being the first time I played any NCAA game in about 3 years.

16 man tournament, first 2 rounds were just 2 quarters, with the last 2 games being an entire game.

Won 10-7 over Florida(pulled that one out of my ASS. Was dominated for the first quarter and a half), 34-7 over Michigan(kid kept throwing deep picks), 21-14 over Georgia, and 20-14 in the finals over Central Michigan. Yes, the other guy who made it to the finals was using CENTRAL MICHIGAN. I felt bad for beating him, I was rooting for him the whole time.

Grand prize: An XBox 360 messenger bag, lanyard, a little football, t-shirt, wireless controller, and a game of your choice. I went with Ninja Gaiden 2.

Guest Vitamin X

That's actually a pretty damn good grand prize. How long were the quarters, though? Doesn't seem like it went for very long.

Central Michigan was really good last year, though. Not top of the NCAA good, but they were MAC champions.

I realize that, it's just that it's pretty uncommon to hear about someone taking a mid-major team like that and making it to the finals of an NCAA Football tournament.

Boise State is one thing, but Central Michigan? That's different.

Yeah, that is a pretty good grand prize, too. I like his choice of game. NGII is pretty fun.

Alright, so I'm going to add one non-TSM player into the dynasty. His tag is OImage X and is a friend of myself and my ASM at work. He's a decent guy and someone who will stick around for a while.

After he accepts, I'm going to go ahead and start up the dynasty. Those that missed the first year will be added to the 2nd year of the dynasty.

In my Campus Legend mode, Illinois has apparently decided that my HB would be better used as a WR coming out of the backfield. In 9 games, my guy has 645 yards rushing, with 7 TDs, and 59 receptions for 905 yards and 10 receiving TDs.

So, usually how much of a gage is NCAA to how the years Madden game will be?

IIRC, the games are done by completely different development teams so it doesn't really tell you anything.

Maybe it's just me, but has anyone noticed an unusually high amount of fake punts by the computer? I probably get at least one a game.

I've had the game since Tuesday, and I've seen only one.

My jaw dropped when I saw it. I couldn't believe that shit.

Matt, it looks like we have 6 people signed up for the online dynasty.

Good to see the heisman comeback AI is still around. Up by 17 with just over 1 minute to play, here's what followed against the CPU.

Fumble.

Touchdown.

Onside kick.

Touchdown.

Onside kick.

Hail Mary caught at the three as time expired.

I just uploaded one for the achievement. I didn't even apply it to my team.

Broward, how many guys do we have?

Eh, the guy who was going to play as Miami has to drop out due to work and such..so I'm going to see if I can just replace him with VX during the season to get him in. If so, it's I think... six total.

Myself, You, h3ro, Agent and Fazzle are the one's confirmed and all that.

Got this on Tuesday, just got around to putting it in tonight. I hadn't been looking at it too much, but I was excited to find the mascot game again. Always been a guilty pleasure of mine, although seeing the opponent do complete flips in the air to evade a tackle is something new. Can't complain about getting a couple achievement points for just trying my favorite feature either.

Just as a heads up in general, Pasta Padre's online dynasty just got wrecked by some sort of bug (probably the roster editing one) and it's become unplayable. No idea if that's possible/probable/guaranteed with the TSM dynasty, but something to keep in mind and be aware of.

I think the best thing, would be for our Online Dynasty commissioner to back up the online dynasty file just in case something like this were to occur with our TSM Dynasty.

Speaking of dynasty, have you guys seen any big upsets in yours?

In my offline Fresno State dynasty, North Texas defeated LSU 34-31. North Texas scored 21 in the 4th to come from behind and win.

Crazy.

the online dynasty..every time there's a change, it has me save the file to my HD. So.. I think we're safe on that front.