TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Madden, NFL Head Coach, and NCAA Football 2009

Are they going to bring back the 1-AA schools? None of this "1-AA East" or whatever it was.

Also I hope recruiting is easier. Not that it was hard before, it just took waaaaay too long.

Not long to go now, just read over some of this years features and it sounds good!

* Madden IQ system: players train in a holographic environment, which grants them a "Madden IQ" based on their practice in 12 different drills. The game's difficulty adjusts itself to the player's Madden IQ.

* EA Sports Backtrack: the game analyzes the player's playing ability and points out mistakes during gameplay a la a television-styled telestrator

* Improved online leagues: server-based leagues, supporting up to 32 players, with full schedules including the playoffs and the Super Bowl as well as draft and trade support. Schedules can be played in a round-robin style as well.

* Revamped graphics: Improved stadium models, new weather particle system, new lighting models, new player models, field goal nets, improved sidelines, user-controlled celebrations, clear visors, new facemask designs, and Total Control animation system.

* Improved gameplay: Offensive line slide protection, smart routes, realistic fatigue, improved gang tackles, true penalty based animations, formation substitutions, new fumble system (weather affects it), new player weapon types and the ability to return short field goals.

* Revamped franchise mode: Simulated stats have been improved (e.g. fewer running backs gaining 2,000+ yards in one season), rivalry games have special value and played games have more crowd and television intensity.

* On-demand picture-in-picture play-call window: Picture-in-picture style interface to allow the player to see key information and call plays and formations without leaving the current window.

* New Dynamic Camera System: The new madden camera system moves with your receivers so they will never fall out of view during gameplay. The camera automatically pans out, zooms in, and adjusts angles to keep the receivers in screen. Once you complete that pass, if the ball carrier happens to break away from his defenders, the ActionCam will rock back and forth, zoom in and follow the ball carrier, giving you that intense feeling that you're sprinting alongside him. And if a defender happens to really lay into the ball carrier, the Big Hit Camera will rattle the screen with the force of the crunch.

* New Tackling Engine & Animations

* New Running/Ball-Carrier Engine: total control system, new transition system, character grounding with foot-plant, new procedural animation system, realistic momentum, new locomotion system, improved visuals and animations, left and right stick moves, directional diving

* Madden Moments: New gameplay mode that allows the user to relive the top 32 games of the 2007 season

* EA Custom Trax: Load Music from your console and hear them in the game

* New Weather Gameplay: Weather now effects gameplay and celebrations

* Rewind: Allows you to rewind and redo a play. You can set the number rewinds you get in a game Note: Is not included in online play

* Playable Demo Mode: Allows you to play in a game already started by CPU instead of sending user to main menu.

* First Person Mode: Play through the eyes of your favorite player.

Madden Moments: New gameplay mode that allows the user to relive the top 32 games of the 2007 season

I guess we can all catch that superbowl winning pass again and again and again and again and again... :P

Played NCAA...plays alot faster than previous it seems.

My first kick return, I ran it back for a TD on Ohio State. Ended up winning 14-7 as a pick 6 was the deciding factor.

I love being able to slide the line to whatever side I'm running or rolling out towards.

Overall, I'm loving it.

Well, I couldn't even finish my first game with the demo. The camera just kept panning around the stadium with 1 second left in the third, never ending the quarter.

There's no lag between the playcalling screen and the game, which is very nice but I'm not sure if that's because it's playing off the hard drive or if it's an official feature for the game.

It's really hard to see the light yellow route lines when the sun's shining on the field. That's an issue.

I like the demo alot. I'm not sure if anyone else saw this, but I threw a interception and I was given three photographs with three possible coverages the defense ran. If I guessed the coverage correctly, my QBs composure would go up. Overall the game looks much sharper than last year.

Hahahaha.

Ohio State was up 7-0 on me, and was trying to run up the score in the closing seconds. They fumble on the 4 yard line, I return it 96 yards for a score, and eventually win in double OT.

Has anyone else seen the new "ice the kicker" feature? (It's at least new to me because I haven't played a next-gen football game in a while) After I ran back that fumble, they called TO to try and ice my kicker on the extra point. My kicking meter had completely frozen over, and I had to do the kick on blind faith, as the meter didn't move at all when I moved the right analog stick.

Got the composure one when playing the Mascot game.

Got iced when I held Ohio St on 4th then began to run the clock out and called a TO at the :01 mark. They called a TO right after and my meter got iced. The new camera angle kinda threw me for a loop because I felt as if I was going to miss the kick but saw it sail over.

So far, I'm really enjoying it and can't wait til next month.

So, I just won in OT again, 16-13, and afterwards the announcers kept on praising my courage to go for it on 4th down instead of just sending in the kicker to tie the game and force another overtime.

...It was first down.

I tried icing the Texas mascot kicker. It "worked" in that it gave the camera angle and the shake and the slow-motion, but the result didn't show it as he bombed a 50-yard field goal through the posts with about 25 yards to spare.

The ice the kicker feature sounds retarded. It never works in real life.

Tell that to Nate Kaeding.

Really though, the times that iceing the kicker actually works is evened out by the times the kicker "misses" but is saved by the opposing coach trying to ice them.

The ice the kicker feature sounds retarded. It never works in real life.

Tell that to Nate Kaeding.

Really though, the times that iceing the kicker actually works is evened out by the times the kicker "misses" but is saved by the opposing coach trying to ice them. I saw on one of those NFL Films shows where kickers generally agreeded that they liked the extra time to prepare.

They should also let you pull a Joe Gibbs and try to call two time outs in a row, resulting in a 15 yard penality.

Also, I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but if you go into the My Shrine tab in the demo, you see that in the full version you'll be able to save and upload your replays and videos to their website!

Seriously, that was the best fucking feature of skate.

Alright...so with the game two weeks out, I think we should start trying to solidify who's going to be wanting in on the dynasty and as what team.

I'm sure everyone can tell that I'll be for running Texas.

So, who's all still in?

What kind of dynasty will we be running? It'd be nice to do more than one, but I don't see people committing to something like that. It'd be cool to do one where we're all in one conference, but one where we all pick our favorites would be good, too. The only problem is that we'd play CPU teams a lot, but playing each other in bowls would be nice.

At any rate, I obviously choose Illinois.

I think I read some where that you can shuffle around the conferences or actually create your own for the dynasty you're in.

I've gotta try to re-find that article..

So from what I can gather, you can't edit the conferences but whoever wants to commish this can set it up to have non-conference members play against the other as its the commish only that can set up custom schedules.