TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Madden, NFL Head Coach, and NCAA Football 2009

From what I understood, the non-conference schedule is the only part of your schedule that you can edit, which is fine with me.

I really don't mind that.

If a commissioner decided to drop from an online dynasty (NCAA Football) can he/she give control to someone else?

Also, I guess it turns out they're gonna release Madden 09 for the original Xbox, which is really surprising.

"If the commissioner chooses to retire from the Online Dynasty it will end the dynasty

for all users. The dynasty can be brought back to life by either the commissioner or

another member of the dynasty as long as they have a copy of the dynasty file

saved on their local console. Whichever user chooses to bring the dynasty back to

life will take over as the commissioner and invitations will need to be resent to the

other users."

From the Running the Online Dynasty as Commish PDF file.

Madden's stealing 90 or so US dollars from me..since I'm getting the 20th anniversary edition.

I'm still up for the dynasty..but I think we need to fill it out completely with 32 people..if anyone can find out, please post what you find

I really wish EA would host servers that would allowe PC/PS3/360 users to play with each other because it would be so much easier to get online leagues going like this. I know FFXI has done this but have any other games been able to?

Madden's stealing 90 or so US dollars from me..since I'm getting the 20th anniversary edition.

I'm still up for the dynasty..but I think we need to fill it out completely with 32 people..if anyone can find out, please post what you find

Well, I know at least one person outside of the boards who'd join. My fellow NFL loving Brit - he's a huge Bronco's fan so he'll probably cry if he can't be them, though that will be half the fun.

Lucky Dip to determine teams?

I think by the time Madden comes out, we'll figure out exactly how we're going to see who gets what team. I'm guessing either name in a hat for people who want the same team or a bribe of some sort might work as well.

What about players that are obviously attached to a team no one else is? For example if I'm the only Chargers fan playing this dynasty, could I have the inside track on being San Diego? Or is it completely randomized?

I'd say that those who want to get in on the dynasty that are fan of a certain team that no one else wants to play as, then yeah.. they'd get the inside track.

Its more for if there's like, two or three people who are dead-set on being Dallas or Pittsburgh or hell.. the Browns. I'm pretty sure I'm the only big fan of the Texans that'll be playing this (unless CV decides he wants in) so I'd get the inside track on them.

We should also figure out who we want to run this..

College is a crazy time, my friend. ;)

But seriously, I'm experienced in running leagues from the 2K Sports games, I have time, and I'm reliable. While I also plan to get NCAA, someone else should run that- maybe Broward? I guess we have more time to decide on the Madden league than NCAA.

Well I'm definately going to be a part of it.

I'd love to see more people get involved. Maybe try to get someone to represent each of the BCS conferences.. so at least that way, we might end up with human VS human BCS games.

I don't mind running the college dynasty as I spend more time with that than I do Madden, TBH.

Only thing is the College game never makes it over to the UK, so I'd have to opt out of that one. Unless I could import it in from US for the PS3 since the 360 is region locked.

I reserved my $90 copy of Madden, so I'll join in the online dynasty. I'll even play as the Bengals if they're available.

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of probably the best feature maybe ever added to NCAA Football and that is the new EA Locker feature. Basically what the locker does is gives you the ability to download files (yes, rosters) from any user on Xbox Live regardless of if you are their friend or not. I know of at least one gamertag that will have the file up on the release date.

Yeah, that's a godsend. I don't even know many of the college players' names aside from Illinois and UCLA, but I loathe playing as "HB #24" or "WR #81". It ruins the realism aspect for me. The ability to download rosters and not have to edit a hundred schools' rosters manually is a true blessing.

Seeing as I only play with Texas, I'm already familiar with who's playing what position and honestly care less about any other school's rotation.

The names will just give me an added confirmation when I undoubtedly curse at the TV when Colt makes a terrible pass or when my DB's forget how to catch.

Seeing as I only play with Texas, I'm already familiar with who's playing what position and honestly care less about any other school's rotation.

The names will just give me an added confirmation when I undoubtedly curse at the TV when Colt makes a terrible pass or when my DB's forget how to catch.

*COULDN'T CARE LESS

There are a couple gamertags that already have the rosters up (Pasta Padre has one, I believe), so even if you get the game early you can still snag the rosters.

Alright, so I'm going to go ahead and man up and take over duties as NCAA Commish.

I figured I'd do this now so that way we can get a core group of people together for it and have things worked out (as far as teams and potential schedules).

I'll more than likely play as Texas.

I'd like to get a team from every BCS conference so that way there's a good shot of us all playing against each other during the major bowl games. If someone wants to play as Fresno State or a mid-major team then I'm all for that.. it'll make recruiting and off-season gameplay a bit more exciting.

Any suggestions or requests for teams, post 'em in here and maybe we can get a mod to start up a list in the first post.

Oh yeah, anyone who needs to add me to their friends list, just send me a request. My gamertag is UTBroward

If someone wants to play as Fresno State or a mid-major team then I'm all for that.. it'll make recruiting and off-season gameplay a bit more exciting.

I'll do it.

Put me down for Fresno State.

I was gonna go with UCLA, but using Fresno State sounds like it could be a fun challenge getting them into the BCS.