TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Affliction - Banned: Fedor vs. Sylvia

The rust factor brings an element of jeopardy that hasn't been present in a Fedor fight for a long time. With that said, I think Fedor may adopt Monson's style against Sylvia but a lot more successfully; he will get the take down and submit him.

Fedor- 1st RD armbar

This is the main story on ESPN.com which is something I can't ever remember seeing for the UFC.

Anyway, wish I could have seen Martin/Belfort but they just replayed a clip of the KO so I'm happy.

The graphics and videos are superb here. I like how they list the camp in the tale of the tape. The ramp/setup is pretty cool too but it would be better without the drum kit still there.

The big negative: Jay Glazer.

Oh my god, Arlovski looked absolutely incredible.

And Rothwell is a beast, my God. That flurry at the end of the 2nd round might have killed some people and he didn't go down.

Arlovski/Fedor assuming Big Timmay loses. Has to be.

36 seconds. lol.

So much for lack of top competition.

Bring on Arlovski.

Any positive mention of Big Timmay by KOAB from now until August will result in a trip to the gulag for 48 hours. :)

Here's the problem. Fedor already said he's planning on fighting again in the US in October and on the NYE card in Japan.

I'm not sure Randy will be legally able to fight by then, at least for the US card and I doubt they want to run that fight in Japan.

I don't know... I guess we'll see.

But Fedor's hands are so fast. It's almost not even realistic.

Since it wasn't mentioned I presume that there was no staredown between Fedor and Couture. I just saw the Belfort KO on FSN and really brought back memories of the invincible teenaged Belfort that dominated in the UFC.

Did any version of FSN show the Fedor fight? I could swear as early as today FSN ran an ad for the fight to air tonight. :angry:

Ah, that Fedor KO brought down the house at the bar I was at. Everyone wanted to see Sylvia get destroyed, and waited patiently through the painfully long Megadeath performance, but it was all worth it.

The Fedor/Arlovski/Barnett/Belfort finishes were fucking GRIMY. Hominick's fight was solid, good for him. I enjoyed the hell out of this because whenever Megadeath was on I'd just switch to UFC.

Fedor and Couture met. Both said they want to face each other with Fedor calling him out.

They hyped it up for LATER THIS YEAR~! if Couture gets out of his contract.

I have to see this.

Really, though, that knee Ben Rothwell took at the end of the second round might have put me in the hospital for a month. Dude is tough. I think it just speaks to how unreal Andrei looked tonight. If Randy can't get out of his contract in time to make Fedor's next scheduled USA fight then it needs to be The Pitbull.

Arlovski looked amazing. It's like he remembered who he "was" as that cliched saying is. He looked like the monster he was during his UFC Heavyweight title run. Poor Ben Rothwell...He fought his best, but goddamn.

If they can't get Couture/Fedor, then they'll probably do Barnett/Fedor. Not only has that been the fight people have wanted for years, but both got spectacular wins.

If Affliction wasn't paying out of the ass, they'd have come out of this event looking like a million bucks.

This worked out really, really well. The shows didn't overlap that much, and when they did, it was during fights I didn't really care about.

Our waiter brought us our bill right as the bell sounded for Silva/Irwin and Arloski was still smacked up Rothwell. I missed Silva's KO

Mad I was ...yes

I was in a bar and I thought I heard Buffer botch that.

My favorite production gaffe was the accidental shot of jay Glazer sitting ringside in the dark getting make up applied for the upcoming facetime.

YES! That had me and my friends just losing it.

Man, between the UFN and Affliction show last night might have been the Night of the Knockout. Markham, Silva, Belfort, Barnett and Arlovski all impressed.

Holy shit, Tim... Fedor isn't Nogueira. He's not just going to be content with you pawing at him the whole fight.

I really expected a little bit of change in his strategy... as what might do all right against one great fighter won't work on the next one.

Damn... I still expected to see him at least be a bit more aggressive. Not have the mindset of jabbing the night away.

Oh well, great night of MMA and I hope Fedor/Barnett will finally go down.

Yeah I really want to see Barnett/Fedor, moreso then Randy/Fedor... I feel Barnett has much more of a shot to defeat Fedor then Randy does.

If he keeps fighting like he did last night then he could beat Fedor. The boxing and Muay Thai were so sharp.

I want to see Andrei get the shot but I can see why they'd go with Barnett. I don't know. I hope the show did well so they can stick around longer than three cards. Replace Jay Glazer and the promotion is money.