TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball: 4/14-4/20

I never want to go to another dollar dog night again. It's tough to enjoy a game with your father when college students around you seem to casually drop the f-bomb every 30 seconds or so. It's disgraceful. I left after the eighth inning because I simply could no longer tolerate the atmosphere.

I didn't see the game, but Alfonso Soriano left in the first with a strained calf. Some are suggesting it happened doing that stupid little hop he does before catching a flyball.

I never want to go to another dollar dog night again. It's tough to enjoy a game with your father when college students around you seem to casually drop the f-bomb every 30 seconds or so. It's disgraceful. I left after the eighth inning because I simply could no longer tolerate the atmosphere.

That would be my opinion of bring your dog to the park day, cept exchange f-bombs for barking.

Probably, yeah, but at least Gretzky has the distinction of shattering almost every possible record to smithereens. I always found it almost arrogant that he even chose to wear 99 in the first place.

The most retarded number retirement was the Miami Heat retiring Jordan's 23 on a split Bulls/Wizards jersey. That's a big ball of head-scratchers right there.

He didn't. His junior coach from the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhouds offered the number to him since a teammate wore number 9. At the time of the seventies, double numbers were the new thing, as Phil Esposito wore 77 and even John Davidson wore 00 for the Rangers. Since he liked 9, he wore 99. After that the rest is history.

Anyways, back to baseball.

Jays routed the O's, 11-3. Jays offence clicking, or Baltimore falling back to reality?

Guest Teal-y Dan
I didn't see the game, but Alfonso Soriano left in the first with a strained calf. Some are suggesting it happened doing that stupid little hop he does before catching a flyball.

No, he hurt his ankle yesterday shooting hoops or something.

Jays routed the O's, 11-3. Jays offence clicking, or Baltimore falling back to reality?

Why not both?

It's easy for an offence to click when they're facing Steve Trachsel.

The Jays are on the right track. They haven't been blown out of a game yet. They've had some bad luck to only be 8-6, frankly.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad II

Fuckin' Alfonso Gramatica here needs an MRI now.

Minor league deal with a possible June call-up. If that happens he'll get at least a million dollars (as much as 4 with incentives he has no chance of reaching no matter what they are).

Guest Teal-y Dan

Well, if they're squeezing great hitting out of a guy who just spent a year managing, I don't see hwo Jeff Weaver can be any worse than Dave Bush.

Guest Teal-y Dan

And then, five years later, insisted that there was nothing he could have done about the fan.

Yeah, Josh Fogg was a good signing.

Edit: And C.C. Sabathia is just getting shelled tonight. He's been terrible so far. The Indians might not have to worry about coming up with the scratch to sign him if this keeps up.

Guest Teal-y Dan

Man, Josh Fogg pitched in a fuckin' World Series. The world is an unjust place.

Guest Teal-y Dan
Is the Yankees/Sox game over yet?

Presuming both games started at 7.05 EDT, the White Sox and O's are in the top of the 8th, with the Red Sox and Yankees in the top of the 5th. ARE YOUSE TRYIN MAKE THIS PERSONAL WITH ME?

Is the Yankees/Sox game over yet?

Presuming both games started at 7.05 EDT, the White Sox and O's are in the top of the 8th, with the Red Sox and Yankees in the top of the 5th. ARE YOUSE TRYIN MAKE THIS PERSONAL WITH ME?

How is it even possible for a game to go that slowly?