TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Round 1

The Suns are the worst when it comes to officials!? Everytime Duncan misses a shot he's always looking around while bitching at the refs.

A fair point, but Nash and (especially) Stoudemire do the same thing.

Ginboili is worst than Bell at flopping. If you put an arm near him he'll throw himself like he was just speared.

I guess we're just watching different games here. This was a valid complaint two or three years ago, but I personally haven't seen many bad Manu flops recently. I'll meet you halfway and say that Bell has gotten better about it too.

And Bowen is still a cheap fuck.

Can't deny this, of course, but between Raja and Shaq, I think that cancels out Bowen. Besides, what good team doesn't have a player that's a little bit cheap? The Lakers have Vujacic. The Jazz have Matt Harpring. The Warriors have Matt Barnes. The Celtics have James Posey. I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting.

Even Kurt Thomas starts stomping around after he gets called for a foul like he's never touched anyone.

To be fair, half those fouls on Thomas last night were complete horseshit. And I doubt that he only started acting like this since joining the Spurs.

Well, the "clothesline" you called Bells play last night was sign of Manus flopping.

But the flopping around isnt really there that much outside of Oberto ramdomly hitting the ground from time to time.

It has been funny to watch Kurt Thomas and Amare run into each other and both flop backwards. That shouldn't possibly happen. ITs like a grenade blows up in between them or something.

Brendan Haywood speaks.

"Truthfully, I thought Varejao's foul on Andray was far worse," Haywood said. "He made no effort to go for the ball, just came down on him like [wrestling legend] Nikita Koloff.

Brendan Haywood speaks.

"Truthfully, I thought Varejao's foul on Andray was far worse," Haywood said. "He made no effort to go for the ball, just came down on him like [wrestling legend] Nikita Koloff.

Can we get a clip of Varejao saying "I shed tears for Gilbert Arenas!"?

Haywood should shut the fuck up. He tried to injure a guy. Fucking bitch. Where is Etan thomas to punch him in his bitch ass mouth? Or, better yet, Eddy Curry to just randomly punch him in the nuts again.

Ripper - Has never liked Brendan Haywood.

west.jpg

You know how great this is? This is so great that I take back everything bad I ever said about Sacramento.

Leon Powe is on Al Horford. Ray Allen is on Marvin Williams.

And they are going to Josh Smith/garnett. The only non mismatch on the court.

Has a coach ever been fired mid game in the NBA?

Good thing the Celtics still have their starters in with three minutes left, otherwise I don't know if they could hold that 21-point lead.

I don't care about running up the score, I care about all the elbows and forearm shivers and shit talking and Perkins jumping up and cheering because Josh Smith hit the ground hard.

Sure the Hawks were chirping back, but show some fucking class.

I was pretty pleased to see Bibby laughing off the crowd as they were all over him tonight. He showed some nice veteran experience by handling the emotion of the game well. He ran his mouth, got shit on for it and handled the consequences. Most everybody else on the floor got caught up in the aggressive play and trash talk. Which is fun during the regular season, but I held my breath when Pierce left for the locker room.

Oh fuck Mike Bibby and his pictures of Mike Woodson fucking the owners daughter or whatever the fuck he has that allowed him to have such firm grasp on Mike Woodsons nuts and keep him in the game when Acie Law was CLEARLY outplaying him and they made their biggest move in the game with him at the point.

Although what he said was true, having a shittastic game like he has had the first two should mean you aren't allowed to randomly talk shit about the crowd.

ANYWAY. I expect the Hawks to play well at home. Tehy have been a bad road team all year, but played well at home.

Halfway through the 2nd and Kobe has 25 points. When was the last time someone hit 50 in a playoff game? I remember Vince Carter doing it like way back in 01 or 02.

I personally don't think the lakers can win consistantly like this. Even if they dodge the bullet tonight if he keeps this up in the second half, it won't bode well for them in the rest of the playoffs.

Heh, Kobe had a 50 pt game against the same Suns team. I vaguely remember that one now, but all I really remember about Kobe from that series was his horrid game 7 performance.

I am not a kenyon Martin fan or anything, but I can't be the only one impressed with the decent job he has managed to do on Bryant considering he is a PF.

I'm hoping that the 0-2 down teams can win at least a handful of the games at their places otherwise this first round will have really sucked after all of the hype.

The Nuggets could do with a defensive practice here and there.

Considering that the Lakers won like that despite having Lamar Odom in foul trouble all game, well...this one's over. The Nuggets won't beat the Lakers in 4 of 5.

When the Nuggets are down 5 it feels like they're actually down 20. I bet they'd still lose if it was just Kobe and Pau playing them. Ok I wouldn't go that far.....well.....maybe.

When the Nuggets are down 5 it feels like they're actually down 20. I bet they'd still lose if it was just Kobe and Pau playing them. Ok I wouldn't go that far.....well.....maybe.

Maybe Kobe, Pau and three members of the Vienna Boy's choir. That's a fucking squad.

I was at a bar with DJ Mbenga tonight. His coterie is stuck up.

I'm hoping that the 0-2 down teams can win at least a handful of the games at their places otherwise this first round will have really sucked after all of the hype.

When's the last time 7 of 8 first round series have been 2-0? Most haven't even been competitive. The two Suns/Spurs games and one of the Raps/Magic games are the only ones that have even been interesting in the last few minutes.

Even though it's hopeless for the Rockets now, both of their games against the Jazz were fairly tight until the last few minutes or so.

EDIT: And to answer your question, that last time was 2004, and oddly enough, the only higher seeded team that split that year was also the Pistons, this time against the Bucks. That was also the year they won the title, for what that's worth.

The Raptors are making a statement right now, up 61-40 on the Magic at the half.

The only players scoring for the Magic are pretty much the "triplets", as Howard, Lewis, and Turkoglu have 31 of the team's 40 points.